Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Alualu Returns to Steelers

(03-29-2021, 08:59 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 02:16 PM)p_rushing Wrote: That's fine but he agreed to the contract. He needs to do his thinking before he agrees. The Jags thought they had filled a hole and made other signings based on that. There needs to be some consequences. You can back out of some contracts but you have to pay the fees. He should do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

What fees?
You can run to the courts and argue that it was a [BLEEP] move, and even if the courts agree, you'll be lucky to get reimbursed your legal fee for filing frivolity in the first place.

(03-28-2021, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I just want to understand how the words "dream home" and "Pittsburgh" fit together.

It has a helipad/airstrip so you can leave as quickly as possible?

(03-28-2021, 06:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Even though you may be getting somewhar facetious, you obviously never seen Pittsburgh burbs.  There is some beautiful farm country about 15 miles out.

Yeah, but all your neighbors are yinzers.

Big Grin
When you sign a contract there are fees for filing, credit checks, taxes, etc that if you decide to back out of the contract you usually will not get back. In football there are costs to signing players, but it really was more the time. They weren't flying people around they did potentially miss out on another player or sign other players thinking they already filled that hole.

Verbal contracts are considered specially in cases like the NFL where the player and agent have agreed to the terms. I'm not talking about a ton of money, just enough to make a player make sure they are good before they agree. 1% or so is good.

A bigger issue is with his agent. Backing out can cause an issue to the agent and teams may not want to work with the agent if there is already some history.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think his getting Covid delaying his trip down factored in, his family being in school and loving the Pittsburgh area (and having just built a dream home). All played a role, but I think this might hint at the Jags making a run at one of the DT's or interior DL that were just released
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(03-28-2021, 06:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I just want to understand how the words "dream home" and "Pittsburgh" fit together.

Even though you may be getting somewhat facetious, you obviously never seen Pittsburgh burbs.  There is some beautiful farm country about 15 miles out.

Downtown has developed into a very hip area.   Pittsburgh has a very high level of education (Carnegie Mellon, Pitt, Duquesne, etc.) and are world renowned in the medical and robotic industries.  Not only that, their culture is very diverse which has resulted in great ethnic food options.  That said, their weather still sucks but global warming is helping a little.  It's actually been likened to a lower cost of living version of Boston (great sports teams, high education, high level jobs, diverse ethnic communities, etc.)

Doug Costin will win that spot.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Don’t let the door hit you on ur way out!

Tyson just busted his hump or wallet building that new pig roasting pit and tiki bar. While quarantining he got to try it out some. You know thats why its his dream home now. Can take the boy off the island, but cant take the island outta him. Island style baby.

When he dug one here he hit water and that sure nuff made him madder than a bee in a coke can.

(03-29-2021, 08:44 PM)surfon Wrote: Tyson just busted his hump or wallet building that new pig roasting pit and tiki bar.  While quarantining he got to try it out some.  You know thats why its his dream home now.  Can take the boy off the island, but cant take the island outta him.  Island style baby.

When he dug one here he hit water and that sure nuff made him madder than a bee in a coke can.

Lol, I got a laugh. Just imagined this in a Samoan dialect.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-29-2021, 12:16 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 08:59 AM)Mikey Wrote: What fees?
You can run to the courts and argue that it was a [BLEEP] move, and even if the courts agree, you'll be lucky to get reimbursed your legal fee for filing frivolity in the first place.

When you sign a contract there are fees for filing, credit checks, taxes, etc that if you decide to back out of the contract you usually will not get back. In football there are costs to signing players, but it really was more the time. They weren't flying people around they did potentially miss out on another player or sign other players thinking they already filled that hole.

Verbal contracts are considered specially in cases like the NFL where the player and agent have agreed to the terms. I'm not talking about a ton of money, just enough to make a player make sure they are good before they agree. 1% or so is good.

A bigger issue is with his agent. Backing out can cause an issue to the agent and teams may not want to work with the agent if there is already some history.

So a team worth at least ten figures is worried about a couple hundred bucks? Again, your burden would be to prove the damage in anything pursued. Good luck proving first that you decided NOT to pursue another DT because you had a verbal agreement from an 11-year veteran, and also that the guy(s) you chose not to offer would have agreed to sign with us.

Do you honestly believe we were putting all our eggs in the Tyson Alualu basket?

Maybe he saw some Doug Costin film while he was being quarantined and did not want to risk being beaten out by the younger player.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(03-30-2021, 08:54 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 12:16 PM)p_rushing Wrote: When you sign a contract there are fees for filing, credit checks, taxes, etc that if you decide to back out of the contract you usually will not get back. In football there are costs to signing players, but it really was more the time. They weren't flying people around they did potentially miss out on another player or sign other players thinking they already filled that hole.

So a team worth at least ten figures is worried about a couple hundred bucks? Again, your burden would be to prove the damage in anything pursued. Good luck proving first that you decided NOT to pursue another DT because you had a verbal agreement from an 11-year veteran, and also that the guy(s) you chose not to offer would have agreed to sign with us.

Do you honestly believe we were putting all our eggs in the Tyson Alualu basket?
It's not about the money to the Jags. He was certainly part of the plan or they wouldn't have offered him a contract. When he agreed, they put a checkmark and moved on. They don't have to only sign 1 player but when a player that agrees to a contract doesn't sign it t will always hurt the team. It may not be a huge lose, but that doesn't matter.

That is why I said pay a small % as a fine, it can go to charity or whatever, but the player should have some consequences for it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(03-29-2021, 01:25 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 06:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Even though you may be getting somewhat facetious, you obviously never seen Pittsburgh burbs.  There is some beautiful farm country about 15 miles out.

Downtown has developed into a very hip area.   Pittsburgh has a very high level of education (Carnegie Mellon, Pitt, Duquesne, etc.) and are world renowned in the medical and robotic industries.  Not only that, their culture is very diverse which has resulted in great ethnic food options.  That said, their weather still sucks but global warming is helping a little.  It's actually been likened to a lower cost of living version of Boston (great sports teams, high education, high level jobs, diverse ethnic communities, etc.)

As if this competes with FSCJ and not one, but TWO, Amazon warehouses. Pshh.

(03-30-2021, 01:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 01:25 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Downtown has developed into a very hip area.   Pittsburgh has a very high level of education (Carnegie Mellon, Pitt, Duquesne, etc.) and are world renowned in the medical and robotic industries.  Not only that, their culture is very diverse which has resulted in great ethnic food options.  That said, their weather still sucks but global warming is helping a little.  It's actually been likened to a lower cost of living version of Boston (great sports teams, high education, high level jobs, diverse ethnic communities, etc.)

As if this competes with FSCJ and not one, but TWO, Amazon warehouses. Pshh.

White Trash Championship Tournament Play In Game: Pittsburgh vs Oceanway.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato