Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Alualu Returns to Steelers

(03-28-2021, 10:32 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Absolute busch league move. Really not a fan of this guy now
Man. Who cares? Until that pen is to paper, Tyson is free to do as he pleases. 

Unless he plays the Jags, I wish him well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the reason, plain and simple: 

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Alualu is staying with the Steelers on a two-year deal. Alualu has built his dream home in Pittsburgh and his children are in school there.

It's the last contract he'll sign. He's at the sunset of his career. Why uproot the family when he's made plenty enough money to satisfy their needs and more coming in. Good move as a family man, IMHO. It's not like he was going to be a needle-mover here.

(03-28-2021, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is the reason, plain and simple: 

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Alualu is staying with the Steelers on a two-year deal. Alualu has built his dream home in Pittsburgh and his children are in school there.

It's the last contract he'll sign. He's at the sunset of his career. Why uproot the family when he's made plenty enough money to satisfy their needs and more coming in. Good move as a family man, IMHO. It's not like he was going to be a needle-mover here.

That's why he's not necessarily of poor character because he changed his mind.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-28-2021, 01:07 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 11:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Dang, was one of our best FA signings too...downgrade the FA period from a C- to a D+.

Classic

Truth.

That's fine but he agreed to the contract. He needs to do his thinking before he agrees. The Jags thought they had filled a hole and made other signings based on that. There needs to be some consequences. You can back out of some contracts but you have to pay the fees. He should do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Meh, no big deal.  The man had some time to reflect on his career choices and decided that his family is more important.  I actually commend him for making that choice.

Of course, the Alfie acolytes are up in arms over it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I get it and would rather have him stay in Pittsburgh if he wasn't committed but it's not like those things weren't in play when he decided to sign here. If he had buyer's remorse, why not say so after a day or so instead of leading the Jags down the primrose path?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I just want to understand how the words "dream home" and "Pittsburgh" fit together.

Dude's been in the league for the last 11 years, the last 4 of them in Pittsburgh. He has multiple (soon to be) teenagers who he probably doesn't want to relocate and tear them away from their friends. He's probably going to ride out this 2 year extended contract and call it a career.. And if that's his thinking on why he decided to stay, I can't say I blame him..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-28-2021, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I just want to understand how the words "dream home" and "Pittsburgh" fit together.

Even though you may be getting somewhar facetious, you obviously never seen Pittsburgh burbs.  There is some beautiful farm country about 15 miles out.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-28-2021, 06:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 04:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I just want to understand how the words "dream home" and "Pittsburgh" fit together.

Even though you may be getting somewhar facetious, you obviously never seen Pittsburgh burbs.  There is some beautiful farm country about 15 miles out.

Maybe to some. I could see that. But in comparison to the high earning retirement areas, it’s hard to compare the two. Also he is a native Hawaiian. Just seems weird. Either way, I truly could not care less where Alualu ends up this year.

Yeah. 
Just jokes.

Perhaps:

"What do you mean you told them we were going back to that hell hole Jacksonville!"

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bonobology.com%2Fwp...f=1&nofb=1]

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 02:25 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(03-27-2021, 09:49 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Started having nightmares and ptsd

Lol me too, don’t need anyone here from gene smif  era. He was the pick that made me realize Gene Smith might not know what he was doing. And then Gene picked 4 more defensive lineman after, ensuring we got mocked. What a terrible time.

Lol, agreed. I don’t think his loss really hurts us. Maybe Carlos Hyde will change his mind too.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:55 AM by Mikey.)

(03-28-2021, 12:00 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Sue him and make him pay the expenses to find his replacement. He agreed to a verbal contract with terms.

It doesn't happen often but him backing out after agreeing hurt the Jags and players need to face some penalties if they do that. He obviously doesn't want to leave, so the Jags don't need someone just playing out a contract but they missed out on other players.

The other side of this coin is the franchise looks petty and no future FA is going to want to sign there, lest they be the next target of a suit.

Didn't we trade for Brown after Alualu was announced? Good luck proving that the franchise was 'hurt'. 

Until a contract is signed, nothing is real. The team can rescind a franchise tag for this very same reason.

Makes absolute sense. I imagine Ben restructuring also helped sway the decision, would you prefer your last few seasons end up on a possible contender, or a from the ground-up build?

But no, it's just easier to throw a #becausejaguars out there, I'm sure this move killed our chances at the postseason this year. Thank goodness I live hours away from the Modis building and am not an ambitious fellow.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 09:03 AM by Mikey.)

(03-28-2021, 02:16 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

That's fine but he agreed to the contract. He needs to do his thinking before he agrees. The Jags thought they had filled a hole and made other signings based on that. There needs to be some consequences. You can back out of some contracts but you have to pay the fees. He should do the same thing.

What fees?
You can run to the courts and argue that it was a [BLEEP] move, and even if the courts agree, you'll be lucky to get reimbursed your legal fee for filing frivolity in the first place.

It has a helipad/airstrip so you can leave as quickly as possible?

Yeah, but all your neighbors are yinzers.

Big Grin

He probably realized he wasn't going to get much playing time and that is why he changed his mind. Could be the family stuff too, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-28-2021, 09:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Perhaps:

"What do you mean you told them we were going back to that hell hole Jacksonville!"

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bonobology.com%2Fwp...f=1&nofb=1]

I could just see that a month from now, as they are driving down 95 to their new home:

Tyson: "County Line, honey!  Welcome to Duval!"

Mrs. A: "Prepare to get hit. [censored]"

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 11:46 AM by Jag149.)

I can see it. There the last 2 years he has done pretty well. After he agreed to a contract with us the Steelers looked around and said oh-no we should have signed him. So with 2 weeks to discuss and pressure from his friends he changed his mind. I am sure he got a bit more cash than he would have had he not agreed with us. As a bonus he doesn't have to compete with the other signers and draft picks here.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-28-2021, 11:02 AM)Olive Wrote: Happens ... Frank Gore, Josh McDaniels, etc.

Anthony Barr comes to mind as well.