Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
From Reddit: A great Jag memory of Fred Taylor!

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2021, 03:21 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Taylor no doubt is one of the best Jags in franchise History.  This was back when JDR was coaching and the Jags were 1-7.  Earlier in the year, Safety Doss from the Colts hit Taylor forced a fumble.  There were words between him and Fred in the media before the rematch.  Fred said he was going to run him over.   Watch the video and see if Fred Lives up to his words:

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The good ol days before we were the perennial suck.

Thx brings back memories. Always loved watching Fred play.

My very first home game, made a Jags fan out of me!

Fred runs so pretty.

As a somewhat younger fan than most, this was really cool to see. I grew up on mjd but man i wish i was watching back when freddy played.

That was my first year living in Orlando. The game was blacked out, couldn't see it anywhere. Couldn't afford tickets at that time.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 08:26 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-28-2021, 09:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The good ol days before we were the perennial suck.

Kind of.  Although that win made us 2-7 and the Colts 7-2 so that era also belonged to the Colts, where if you didn't go 13-3 you couldn't win the division.

(03-28-2021, 11:52 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: My very first home game,  made a Jags fan out of me!

It was so delicious watching that live, I had no room left for dinner.

It only takes 3 minutes of old clips to realize why I dont watch/like football as much as I used to.

And it's not just that the Jags have sucked. The league sucks.

Also, sometimes, i miss Del Rio. At least we were competitive.
s
;

;

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 02:35 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(03-29-2021, 12:50 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: As a somewhat younger fan than most, this was really cool to see. I grew up on mjd but man i wish i was watching back when freddy played.

Taylor was an athletic freak.  MJD was really good but Fred Taylor was Great.  Taylor in his early career got the nickname "Fragile Fred" after his rookie year.  He sustained a bout of injuries that made him miss major time in the first few years of his career.  When healthy he had a "overdrive" gear that most RB's do not have.  If Fred got into the open field, he was gone.  At 225lbs he has a speed burst that elite receivers would be jealous of.  He was so fun to watch!

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think he scored more tds than we have in the past 10 yrs. Also reminds me how bad our uniforms are now. The nfl really needs to get away from nike or whoever designs these new uniforms.

FT running all over the Steelers in PITT. Forget how many yards; 250+?

(03-30-2021, 10:08 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: FT running all over the Steelers in PITT.  Forget how many yards; 250+?

234 yards and, IIRC, 4 TDs.

What a sweet game!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Fred Taylor missed 55 career regular season games and still retired 17th all time. Emmitt Smith missed 5 career regular season games.

If Fred could have just HALF of those games back then he retires in the top 5 in rushing yards.

He scored 17 TDs as a rookie. In week 15 Taylor and Moss faced off and Taylor had more TDs than Moss. But we got slaughtered bc Quinn couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn and Moss went on to win ROY.

Taylor missed 3 games as a rookie and probably would have scored 20 times. His first game as a starter vs Baltimore he went for 52 yard TD in week 3.

Fred is my dude

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 09:28 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(03-28-2021, 03:19 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Taylor no doubt is one of the best Jags in franchise History.  This was back when JDR was coaching and the Jags were 1-7.  Earlier in the year, Safety Doss from the Colts hit Taylor forced a fumble.  There were words between him and Fred in the media before the rematch.  Fred said he was going to run him over.   Watch the video and see if Fred Lives up to his words:

Thanks for this. A jags victory over Manning were always the best. Another thing, man I remember leftwichs windup, but honestly he looks like he threw better than Gabbs or Bortles. I guess it’s just highlights, but still. Well except that bouncing pass to Wrightster, lol if that wasn’t the jags way back then, so many incompletions, we couldn’t draft receivers to save our life.

(03-29-2021, 08:11 AM)mikesez Wrote: That was my first year living in Orlando.  The game was blacked out, couldn't see it anywhere. Couldn't afford tickets at that time.

Orlando always blacked out jags games in favor of the dolphins, been doing it for years.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-29-2021, 02:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 12:50 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: As a somewhat younger fan than most, this was really cool to see. I grew up on mjd but man i wish i was watching back when freddy played.

Taylor was an athletic freak.  MJD was really good but Fred Taylor was Great.  Taylor in his early career got the nickname "Fragile Fred" after his rookie year.  He sustained a bout of injuries that made him miss major time in the first  few years of his career.  When healthy he had a "overdrive" gear that most RB's do not have.  If Fred got into the open field, he was gone.  At 225lbs he has a speed burst that elite receivers would be jealous of.  He was so fun to watch!

Man our offensive line was so much better back then. Crazy how much better they were.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

According to some people on this board having a good running game is "old school" and not the "modern NFL".

The team back then was nearly "perfect" on offense.  A good running attack, good passing attack and an all-time great at LT.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-02-2021, 03:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: According to some people on this board having a good running game is "old school" and not the "modern NFL".

The team back then was nearly "perfect" on offense.  A good running attack, good passing attack and an all-time great at LT.

Not to mention a mobile QB and an ideal edge rusher. The more things change the more they stay the same.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 06:02 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(04-02-2021, 03:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: According to some people on this board having a good running game is "old school" and not the "modern NFL".

And one of the best QBs in the NFL Mark Brunell. It’s a shame that he played another 7 years after he left Jax. He could have added another 8-10,000 yards passing to his resume. And he probably would have beaten New England in 2007.