Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer basically admitting we are taking lawrence

https://youtu.be/q-dEDvu-hHQ

Go to 15:00.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Absolutely no surprise what so ever.

That’s no surprise, but I’m excited to hear. There’s a tangible feel to hearing this news. I love it. Great interview as well.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 02:20 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Nothing wild for us. Trevor is gonna be great for us.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-29-2021, 01:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely no surprise what so ever.

Personally never heard of a coach/team confirm a draft pick prior to the draft.. have you?

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 03:06 AM by CanDoBetter.)

Meyer is sending a message by having a picture of a helmet with the number 42 on behind him. That's Wingard's number...

"Admitting" is an odd term for that. "Confirming" is a better description.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Obviously we were more than likely taking Trevor, but so nice to hear Meyer say it. If you watch from 12:00 onwards there’s some nice analysis from Meyer.

I’m so excited that he’ll be our QB

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 06:33 AM by The Real Marty.)

Good to hear it.  One less thing to worry about.

(03-29-2021, 04:41 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: "Admitting" is an odd term for that. "Confirming" is a better description.

Agenda driven posters couch their dislike in words that give a negative connotation to the statement. SOP.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good interview. Peter King knows how to ask the questions that need to be asked without the negativity. The more I listen to Urban, the better I like him. I liked Doug, too, though. You don't get to be a head coach (generally) without having that ability to connect.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-29-2021, 02:54 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 01:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely no surprise what so ever.

Personally never heard of a coach/team confirm a draft pick prior to the draft.. have you?

Yes.

There have been numerous instances where the first pick was SIGNED before the draft.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

That was a really good interview by Peter King. Meyer seems very candid.

(03-29-2021, 07:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 02:54 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Personally never heard of a coach/team confirm a draft pick prior to the draft.. have you?

Yes.

There have been numerous instances where the first pick was SIGNED before the draft.

It's been a long time, though. I think the modern era (last 15-20 years let's say) the tendency is to sit on the clock even if you know who you're picking just in case some team calls you with an offer you can't refuse.

I would be very surprised if we don't use up most of our allotted time before submitting the card this year, even if we've already got the name filled in.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 09:31 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-29-2021, 07:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 02:54 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Personally never heard of a coach/team confirm a draft pick prior to the draft.. have you?

Yes.

But usually, that hasn't been more than a few days before the draft....a week max.

We're a month out.

Not that we'll be put at any sort of disadvantage by doing so.  I mean the league and the networks may want to keep this under wraps to maintain what suspense there is, but pretty much everyone knows the Jaguars will take Lawrence anyway.

(03-29-2021, 12:28 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: https://youtu.be/q-dEDvu-hHQ

Thank you for posting.

This was a great interview.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Does it really matter? I doubt there was any knowledgeable NFL fans in the United States that thought we'd draft any other player with that #1 pick. It's basically been the worst kept "secret" in the NFL. Meyer all but confirmed it when Lawrence had his Pro Day early, at the Jaguars' request and Meyer was basically sitting in Trevor's back pocket as he made all his throws. I've never seen a HC that "up close and personal" at a Pro Day.

(03-29-2021, 09:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Does it really matter? I doubt there was any knowledgeable NFL fans in the United States that thought we'd draft any other player with that #1 pick. It's basically been the worst kept "secret" in the NFL. Meyer all but confirmed it when Lawrence had his Pro Day early, at the Jaguars' request and Meyer was basically sitting in Trevor's back pocket as he made all his throws. I've never seen a HC that "up close and personal" at a Pro Day.

Exactly.

Not sure I've ever seen the head coach of a team with the #1 overall pick skip the Pro Day workouts of QBs carrying first round grades the way Meyer has.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Good interview. It will be interesting to see how he connects with the players. This is a learning experience for him as well.
How will he adjust his approach as mentor and coach from college players to facilitating more mature professionals who, in many instances, make more money than him? Failure to make that transition might have been Nick Saban’s downfall in the league.

(03-29-2021, 09:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 07:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Yes.

But usually, that hasn't been more than a few days before the draft....a week max.

We're a month out.

Not that we'll be put at any sort of disadvantage by doing so.  I mean the league and the networks may want to keep this under wraps to maintain what suspense there is, but pretty much everyone knows the Jaguars will take Lawrence anyway.

(03-29-2021, 12:28 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: https://youtu.be/q-dEDvu-hHQ

Thank you for posting.

It would be hysterical if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

(03-29-2021, 10:42 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 09:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But usually, that hasn't been more than a few days before the draft....a week max.

We're a month out.

Thank you for posting.

It would be hysterical if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

They would definitely do that to the Jags again, but I don't think they'll do that to the first pick and TL..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]