Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer basically admitting we are taking lawrence

(04-13-2021, 11:49 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 09:18 AM)Mikey Wrote: It's been a long time, though. I think the modern era (last 15-20 years let's say) the tendency is to sit on the clock even if you know who you're picking just in case some team calls you with an offer you can't refuse.

I would be very surprised if we don't use up most of our allotted time before submitting the card this year, even if we've already got the name filled in.
It would make sense in most cases but there is no way we move down even if a team wants to give a bag full of draft picks.  The quarterback is way to important to success and getting to the super bowl. They believe Trevor is the next great franchise QB and you don't pass up on the pick. They are zoom calling him and he has the playbook, I think they pull the trigger as soon as they get on the clock or shortly after.

I would be shocked for them not to take the clock. It builds drama and gives the talking heads their time to squawk
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-13-2021, 12:23 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 11:49 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: It would make sense in most cases but there is no way we move down even if a team wants to give a bag full of draft picks.  The quarterback is way to important to success and getting to the super bowl. They believe Trevor is the next great franchise QB and you don't pass up on the pick. They are zoom calling him and he has the playbook, I think they pull the trigger as soon as they get on the clock or shortly after.

I would be shocked for them not to take the clock. It builds drama and gives the talking heads their time to squawk

The team selecting the player usually calls the player to tell him he's going to be selected.  So perhaps the Jags can use the 10 minutes to continue going over the playbook.

(04-13-2021, 11:49 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 09:18 AM)Mikey Wrote: It's been a long time, though. I think the modern era (last 15-20 years let's say) the tendency is to sit on the clock even if you know who you're picking just in case some team calls you with an offer you can't refuse.

I would be very surprised if we don't use up most of our allotted time before submitting the card this year, even if we've already got the name filled in.
It would make sense in most cases but there is no way we move down even if a team wants to give a bag full of draft picks.  The quarterback is way to important to success and getting to the super bowl. They believe Trevor is the next great franchise QB and you don't pass up on the pick. They are zoom calling him and he has the playbook, I think they pull the trigger as soon as they get on the clock or shortly after.

The other thing to consider? Holding the pick allows the media to talk him up, give him and his family some camera time. I could see them doing that if either he, his agent, or the broadcasters wanted to milk this out (and squeeze a commercial break in there, wink wink)