Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer basically admitting we are taking lawrence

love it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-29-2021, 10:42 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 09:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But usually, that hasn't been more than a few days before the draft....a week max.

We're a month out.

Not that we'll be put at any sort of disadvantage by doing so.  I mean the league and the networks may want to keep this under wraps to maintain what suspense there is, but pretty much everyone knows the Jaguars will take Lawrence anyway.

Thank you for posting.

This was a great interview.

It would be hysterical if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

That's 100% whats going to happen with our 25th pick.

Luckily since we have the first pick each round, NFL network and such will have a tougher time to not show our draft picks this year

If I was meyer I would "by accident" send him a copy of the current playbook. Whoops it was a mailing error *wink*
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 02:32 PM by CanDoBetter.)

I'm sure he has a version of it already. I'm equally sure Lawrence has studied it and Jordan Palmer and him are probably discussing any new concepts Lawrence hasn't seen.

That's what I expect from a premier QB coach.

If he’s so certain than let’s go! Slip a playbook under his parents door matt and let’s get to work

(03-29-2021, 09:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But usually, that hasn't been more than a few days before the draft....a week max.

We're a month out.

Not that we'll be put at any sort of disadvantage by doing so.  I mean the league and the networks may want to keep this under wraps to maintain what suspense there is, but pretty much everyone knows the Jaguars will take Lawrence anyway.

Thank you for posting.

It would be predictable if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-29-2021, 11:21 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 10:42 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It would be hysterical if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

They would definitely do that to the Jags again, but I don't think they'll do that to the first pick and TL..

If we take the full 15 mins there will def be a commercial brk i would think.  Maybe not hut i am leaning 80 to 20 there is.

(03-29-2021, 09:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 07:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Yes.

There have been numerous instances where the first pick was SIGNED before the draft.

It's been a long time, though. I think the modern era (last 15-20 years let's say) the tendency is to sit on the clock even if you know who you're picking just in case some team calls you with an offer you can't refuse.

I would be very surprised if we don't use up most of our allotted time before submitting the card this year, even if we've already got the name filled in.

I remember Burrow saying that the Bengals reached out to him like 2 weeks before the draft and sent him a box full of Bengals gear, shirts, hats etc etc for him and his family to wear on draft night and such.

(03-29-2021, 02:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: If I was meyer I would "by accident" send him a copy of the current playbook.  Whoops it was a mailing error *wink*

Those gosh darn interns!

Laughing

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 12:41 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

We're a month out.

Thank you for posting.

ESPN probably putting pressure on us to do the pick now so they can just cut right to the rest of the draft.

(03-29-2021, 03:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 10:42 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: It would be hysterical if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

It would be predictable if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

What would be unpredictable is if they didn’t. If we announce the pick early, who do you think will get the commercial break before our second pick at 25?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-29-2021, 06:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 04:41 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: "Admitting" is an odd term for that. "Confirming" is a better description.

Agenda driven posters couch their dislike in words that give a negative connotation to the statement. SOP.

This was funny to read as i have no agenda at all.. just the way i decided to phrase it.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 09:01 AM by Mikey.)

(03-29-2021, 01:20 PM)High Octane Wrote:

That's 100% whats going to happen with our 25th pick.

Luckily since we have the first pick each round, NFL network and such will have a tougher time to not show our draft picks this year

I just want to see Goodell staring daggers at the orange glove guy delaying the announcement of our pick while the network finishes up commercials and/or studio time.

(03-29-2021, 02:26 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: If I was meyer I would "by accident" send him a copy of the current playbook.  Whoops it was a mailing error *wink*

"These are the plays I like to run when I play Madden"

(03-29-2021, 09:35 PM)surfon Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 11:21 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: They would definitely do that to the Jags again, but I don't think they'll do that to the first pick and TL..

If we take the full 15 mins there will def be a commercial brk i would think.  Maybe not hut i am leaning 80 to 20 there is.

Absolutely, but it's easier to just dismiss it as @becausejaguars

The selection clock never stops, even if the league reps get behind in announcing the picks or trades. Frankly I would be more offended by the network taking up the majority of our allotment to discuss the other teams drafting around us than a 2 miin. break to sell us Geicos

(03-30-2021, 12:40 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
ESPN probably putting pressure on us to do the pick now so they can just cut right to the rest of the draft.

(03-29-2021, 03:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: It would be predictable if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

What would be unpredictable is if they didn’t. If we announce the pick early, who do you think will get the commercial break before our second pick at 25?

That would be tough to say.

Nobody in our division represents a high profile team, and assuming the draft order remains the same, we have Indy and Tennessee at 21 and 22.  Conversely, the Jets are at 23 and Steelers are at 24.  Considering the draft is being held in Cleveland, it is doubtful they to go break on the Steelers, and because the Jets are from NY, I doubt they get it, either.

One other thing the networks do to us when we're on the clock to keep from having to talk about us is interview someone else from another team.  Given the draft order mentioned above, I wouldn't be surprised to see them interview someone from Chicago or the Jets.

You guys are so last century. We split screen the commercial breaks now so we can watch Goodell make the announcement but the audio is on the Drake from State Farm commercial on the right.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-30-2021, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You guys are so last century. We split screen the commercial breaks now so we can watch Goodell make the announcement but the audio is on the Drake from State Farm commercial on the right.

Laughing Wallbash

(03-30-2021, 12:40 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 03:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: It would be predictable if they went to a commercial break during our pick.

Every pick has 10 minute allotment. Figure at the longest, the networks will probably want to air a commercial break every 15 minutes or so if not more frequently.

But if we are going based purely on disrespect, here's a few sensible nose-thumbings, assuming no new trades:

7 (Det) - Not going to be the flashy pick, historically bad team. Carolina picks after them, so all the intrigue will be on whether or not they take any QB still on the board.
9 (Den) - Screw John Elway. Oh yeah, also because DAL and NYG immediately follow, need to be sure those big markets are kept happy, even if their teams are steaming piles of elephant dung.
13/14 (LAC/MIN) - We might get about 17 consecutive minutes of commercials here.
20-22 (CHI/IND/TEN) - The less the network folks have to talk about the AFCS, the happier they will be; probably no flashy picks here, and this is right before NYJ and PIT are up, so again, appeal to the TV market and nationwide fanbase.

25 (JAX) - no commercial break, but at least 6 minutes of our time spent analyzing the steelers pick I'm sure.

(03-30-2021, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You guys are so last century. We split screen the commercial breaks now so we can watch Goodell make the announcement but the audio is on the Drake from State Farm commercial on the right.

I can totally see this happening.

(03-30-2021, 09:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I can totally see this happening.

Me too....followed by a "By the way, while we were away the Jaguars picked...." like it was a later round.

I'll feel so much better after the draft and we have TL as our QB. All this speculation stuff is for the birds and it's designed to cause panic and a false sense of security..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]