Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pro Day 40 Yard dash tracker

Courtesy of Sporting news...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...wyauc8q75y

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They haven't updated the times yet but at Florida's Pro Day...

TE Kyle Pitts ran a 4.44

WR Kadarius Toney ran a 4.41

Toney ran a 4.39, actually faster than I thought he would.

(03-31-2021, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Toney ran a 4.39, actually faster than I thought he would.

I heard differently-or thought I did.  Multitasking at the time.

If he ran the 4.39, even better for him.  Either would have been a good time.

A little birdie told that Urban and the scout had a noticeable reaction to Toney, especially after the 4.39.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-31-2021, 04:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: A little birdie told that Urban and the scout had a noticeable reaction to Toney, especially after the 4.39.

If true, that is unfortunate.

Not because I dislike Toney, but because that sort of noticeable reaction could be all it takes to cue a team to trade ahead of us to get him.

Would love to get Toney but at 45 or our 3rd rounder

That Pitts time is unreal. Toney’s time is impressive, but for someone as big as Pitts to run that fast is just so extremely rare.

Rondale Moore > Toney

Also. Pitts ran that absurd time and he couldn’t even run straight. Dude is a unicorn and he’s the reason you need those hybrid LB/safety dudes.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 06:41 PM by D6.)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...57570?s=20

Tanner Lee was a major part of the LSU Pro Day..

(03-31-2021, 05:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 04:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: A little birdie told that Urban and the scout had a noticeable reaction to Toney, especially after the 4.39.

If true, that is unfortunate.

Not because I dislike Toney, but because that sort of noticeable reaction could be all it takes to cue a team to trade ahead of us to get him.

I for one, would be EXTREMELY upset if we drafted Toney in the first or second round. I just don't think he's that good of a WR. I see him as a #2 receiver in the NFL, not a #1. I wasn't particularly impressed by his play, once Pitts got hurt. I didn't see him step up to become that true #1 receiving threat for the team. He looked like a #2 who was just filling in. I don't have him in my top 100 players. We also just signed Marvin Jones. With Chark, Shenault and Jones, we have our 3 starters and we also have Collin Johnson on the bench. You don't spend high picks for a 4th receiver. That can be addressed in the middle rounds.

(03-31-2021, 06:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 05:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If true, that is unfortunate.

I for one, would be EXTREMELY upset if we drafted Toney in the first or second round. I just don't think he's that good of a WR. I see him as a #2 receiver in the NFL, not a #1. I wasn't particularly impressed by his play, once Pitts got hurt. I didn't see him step up to become that true #1 receiving threat for the team. He looked like a #2 who was just filling in. I don't have him in my top 100 players. We also just signed Marvin Jones. With Chark, Shenault and Jones, we have our 3 starters and we also have Collin Johnson on the bench. You don't spend high picks for a 4th receiver. That can be addressed in the middle rounds.
Meh. They can be impressed with someone and still have no desire to draft them.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-31-2021, 06:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rondale Moore > Toney

Also. Pitts ran that absurd time and he couldn’t even run straight. Dude is a unicorn and he’s the reason you need those hybrid LB/safety dudes.

There are a ton of receivers I would place before Toney.

(03-31-2021, 06:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 05:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If true, that is unfortunate.

I am not necessarily thrilled with the idea of taking a WR early this year.  That said, if Meyer and company see Toney as a a system fit and think he's a good enough player to consider at any point, I don't want the team being precluded from taking him because Meyer tipped his hand and a team traded ahead of him to take him from us.

That applies to any player this team might be interested in, not just Toney.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 06:59 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-31-2021, 06:47 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 06:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I for one, would be EXTREMELY upset if we drafted Toney in the first or second round. I just don't think he's that good of a WR. I see him as a #2 receiver in the NFL, not a #1. I wasn't particularly impressed by his play, once Pitts got hurt. I didn't see him step up to become that true #1 receiving threat for the team. He looked like a #2 who was just filling in. I don't have him in my top 100 players. We also just signed Marvin Jones. With Chark, Shenault and Jones, we have our 3 starters and we also have Collin Johnson on the bench. You don't spend high picks for a 4th receiver. That can be addressed in the middle rounds.
Meh. They can be impressed with someone and still have no desire to draft them.

This is true.

But so far, this team hasn't seemed to produce much smoke this offseason.  Much of what Meyer and Baalke have discussed as far as personnel is concerned has come to pass.

Meyer has said he wants to add more speed to the WR room.  Toney seems to qualify as fast, and the UF Pro day is one he personally has attended.

Thing is, we may never know if it is the Jaguars intent to draft Toney, but again, if he IS interested in adding Toney, I don't want that conveyed to other teams by noticeable reactions.

(03-31-2021, 06:41 PM)D6 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...57570?s=20

Tanner Lee was a major part of the LSU Pro Day..

I wonder if Lee has any contacts with the Jaguars.  If so, would he be a reliable source of information about any prospects?

There are a few WRs I'd be happy with at 45 or in the 3rd. Of course with Elijah being at the top of the list. It's just hard to say right now with how this draft will fall. Thurs night after round 1 will be some good conversation about what we do on day 2. The staff will have all night to sort it out and pick who they want 1st on Fri. I think we will see a trade to move up for one of their guys at some point Friday night

(03-31-2021, 05:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love to get Toney but at 45 or our 3rd rounder

I love watching Toney with the ball in his hands.  However, in watching the pro day, it seemed he was "fighting" every ball thrown to him.  He's not a very natural or gifted catcher of the ball.  I don't know his drop rate, but watching him catch gave me no comfort.

(04-01-2021, 07:34 AM)ATLjag Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 05:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would love to get Toney but at 45 or our 3rd rounder

I love watching Toney with the ball in his hands.  However, in watching the pro day, it seemed he was "fighting" every ball thrown to him.  He's not a very natural or gifted catcher of the ball.  I don't know his drop rate, but watching him catch gave me no comfort.

He has improved every year.  He's not a finished product by any means but he is perfect for things that Urban likes to do.  I think he would be a difference maker in ST as well and what Urban likes.  He has one of the highest ceilings in the draft and is the quickest player in this draft

(03-31-2021, 04:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Toney ran a 4.39, actually faster than I thought he would.

That's a lot faster than people thought he was.  Everything I read said he was quick, but not fast.  4.39 puts him solidly in the first round.

(04-01-2021, 09:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

That's a lot faster than people thought he was.  Everything I read said he was quick, but not fast.  4.39 puts him solidly in the first round.

Not sure what they said but the reason I thought that was because I have seen him caught from behind a few times.  Could of been tied I guess