Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
17 Game Season Approved

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 10:57 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Good news.

Jags only play 3 preseason games (1 at home this year) 

Jags play 17 Regular Season Games with the added HOME game being the Falcons

the 17th game will rotate on an annual basis, meaning the Jags will play 2 preseason Home games next year and will be Away for the extra game vs the NFC.

of course, our 9 regular season home schedule does not factor in any future deals with London which may take away a game (hopefully, not 2).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3115...l-32-teams

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't like it. An extra regular-season game means more opportunities for injury. At least in preseason games, you can minimize your starters' playing time.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 11:02 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-31-2021, 10:57 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't like it. An extra regular-season game means more opportunities for injury.  At least in preseason games, you can minimize your starters' playing time.

From a Season Ticket Holders perspective like myself, there's nothing worse than paying $200 x 2 = $400 for 2 meaningless season ticket games for my wife and I.  Back when our kids went, that was a waste of $800  (assuming our ticket price of $100 per ticket).

I had season tickets for almost 20 years. I get it.

So instead of 17 weeks of misery, we now move to 18 weeks? Man... they torturing us! Those week 13-17 games on this board is DEAD... 18th week game thread might not even make it to double digit pages.

(03-31-2021, 11:18 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: So instead of 17 weeks of misery, we now move to 18 weeks? Man... they torturing us! Those week 13-17 games on this board is DEAD... 18th week game thread might not even make it to double digit pages.

Under the Gus Bradley 4-year era, the Jags were 1-13 in September.  Imagine heading into October practically 0-3 every year ..... the torture began long before December.

I'd be okay with two preseason games and sixteen regular season games. And having season ticket holders pay the lower costs accordingly.

(03-31-2021, 10:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Good news.

the 17th game will rotate on an annual basis, meaning the Jags will play 2 preseason Home games next year and will be Away for the extra game vs the NFC.

of course, our 9 regular season home schedule does not factor in any future deals with London which may take away a game (hopefully, not 2).

The key thing here for us is that the super bowl has been pushed back from the 6th to the 13th in Los Angeles.
time to cancel those hotel rooms for the 6th.

(03-31-2021, 12:51 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 10:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Good news.

The key thing here for us is that the super bowl has been pushed back from the 6th to the 13th in Los Angeles.
time to cancel those hotel rooms for the 6th.

What you mentioned has a Jacksonville connection and a connection with me.  Which is something I had in my signature the first 2+ years  I was on a previous version of the Jaguars Forum ( Message Board ) . 

The first of two times a Super Bowl was played on February 6, which is my birthday, was Super Bowl 39 in Jacksonville, between the Patriots and Eagles ( Feb. 6, 2005 ).  The next one was 6 years later in. Arlington, TX between the Packers and Steelers.  It looks like there won't be a third.

I love it but I think pre season should be 2 games not 3

(03-31-2021, 04:03 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: I love it but I think pre season should be 2 games not 3

I think eventually it'll get to that point when the league adopts an 18 game schedule.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-31-2021, 07:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 04:03 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: I love it but I think pre season should be 2 games not 3

I think eventually it'll get to that point when the league adopts an 18 game schedule.

It's ALL the the revenue.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Will the Atlanta game be week 17?

It’s about the money as Vic always said.

Owners don’t make money during the preseason. In the year 2050 preseason will be a thing of the past.

I think 16 is a perfect number. 17–more chances for injuries, weird inter-conference game, and other minor complaints. But hey, since it’s the new norm, I’ll go look on the bright side: more football, a definitive threshold for winning seasons and losing seasons, more record breaking moments. Could be fun

(03-31-2021, 11:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s about the money as Vic always said.

Owners don’t make money during the preseason. In the year 2050 preseason will be a thing of the past.

Preseason should be eliminated now. Teams should just conduct scrimmages with other teams. After one regular season game, the dust is shaken off anyway.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Blasphemy and greed. Players should boycott and walk out.

(04-01-2021, 09:36 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Blasphemy and greed.  Players should boycott and walk out.

I think the Players actually prefer this to playing 4 meaningless preseason games.

(04-01-2021, 09:50 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 09:36 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Blasphemy and greed.  Players should boycott and walk out.

I think the Players actually prefer this to playing 4 meaningless preseason games.

Do they?  Depends on the money I would guess.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

So for a winning playoff birth season...we talking 10-7 now?