Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN: Why TL is the Best NFL Draft Prospect in a Generation

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 09:08 AM by The Real Marty.)

If this doesn't get you fired up for next season, nothing will.

https://www.jaguars.com/tickets/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-02-2021, 09:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

If this doesn't get you fired up for next season, nothing will.

I saw that yesterday.

Excellent video.

Ketchman actually wants us to trade this guy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

6 to midnight.

I was listening to Cowherd the other day and he stated how crazy it is to have the least talked about QB be head and shoulders above the other ones.

Think about it. We are hearing about Mac Jones, Lance, Fields and Wilson way more than we are Trevor. It’s almost like he’s being slept on.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 02:59 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-02-2021, 09:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: 6 to midnight.

I was listening to Cowherd the other day and he stated how crazy it is to have the least talked about QB be head and shoulders above the other ones.

Think about it. We are hearing about Mac Jones, Lance, Fields and Wilson way more than we are Trevor. It’s almost like he’s being slept on.

I know part of it is because he is the consensus #1 overall pick and it's all but guaranteed he'll be taken first overall, and I suspect part of it is it gives the media an excuse to not spend time talking about the Jaguars.

It's not because he us unworthy of the attention the other guys are getting.

Last night, I wanted a laugh so I pulled up Jets fans reactions to the draft...but a lot of what came up were their reactions to beating the Rams and missing out on Trevor Lawrence.

While they provided plenty of laughs, I understood where they were coming from (my laughter wasn't from mockery or superiority), and throughout I was thankful we are gonna get him and not them.

(04-02-2021, 09:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 09:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If this doesn't get you fired up for next season, nothing will.

I saw that yesterday.

Excellent video.

I started reading Vic again after he retired because his snarky condescension when he was writing for the Jags turned me away. He has some good stories, but to go so far as to encourage a team to trade away a franchise-changing prospect for utterly untenable reasons confirms my belief he holds this city/franchise is contempt. 

The Green Bay fanbase is what sustains his site anyway since he uses Aaron Rodger's jock strap as a hammock. I guess I'm just stunned that a seasoned football journo could be so willfully cavalier. Especially to a former team and readership who supported him. Vic Ketchman rant off/

Anyway, I can't wait to see what opportunities TL brings to this team and fanbase. Urbs has already leveraged TL to get Shad to put a crowbar in his wallet for better facilities. When Goldilocks starts filling seats, I wouldn't be surprised to begin hearing talks of a massive stadium upgrade. 

Be still, my foolish heart.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 11:18 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-02-2021, 11:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 09:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I saw that yesterday.

Excellent video.

I started reading Vic again after he retired because his snarky condescension when he was writing for the Jags turned me away. He has some good stories, but to go so far as to encourage a team to trade away a franchise-changing prospect for utterly untenable reasons confirms my belief he holds this city/franchise is contempt. 

The Green Bay fanbase is what sustains his site anyway since he uses Aaron Rodger's jock strap as a hammock. I guess I'm just stunned that a seasoned football journo could be so willfully cavalier. Especially to a former team and readership who supported him. Vic Ketchman rant off/

Anyway, I can't wait to see what opportunities TL brings to this team and fanbase. Urbs has already leveraged TL to get Shad to put a crowbar in his wallet for better facilities. When Goldilocks Fabio starts filling seats, I wouldn't be surprised to begin hearing talks of a massive stadium upgrade. 

Fabio

I called the ticket office yesterday, and the guy I talked to said they expect to sell out the lower bowl pretty quickly.  They have a lot of people asking about club seats.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 11:23 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-02-2021, 11:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 09:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I saw that yesterday.

Excellent video.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what opportunities TL brings to this team and fanbase. Urbs has already leveraged TL to get Shad to put a crowbar in his wallet for better facilities. When Goldilocks starts filling seats, I wouldn't be surprised to begin hearing talks of a massive stadium upgrade. 

I always thought he was overrated, but I didn't think he would so readily betray everything he repeatedly emphasized to this fan base over the years with his ridiculous trade TL take.

(04-02-2021, 11:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 11:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I started reading Vic again after he retired because his snarky condescension when he was writing for the Jags turned me away. He has some good stories, but to go so far as to encourage a team to trade away a franchise-changing prospect for utterly untenable reasons confirms my belief he holds this city/franchise is contempt. 

Anyway, I can't wait to see what opportunities TL brings to this team and fanbase. Urbs has already leveraged TL to get Shad to put a crowbar in his wallet for better facilities. When Goldilocks Fabio starts filling seats, I wouldn't be surprised to begin hearing talks of a massive stadium upgrade. 

Fabio

I called the ticket office yesterday, and the guy I talked to said they expect to sell out the lower bowl pretty quickly.  They have a lot of people asking about club seats.

Coming off of Covid and losing seasons in 11 of the last 12 years, including last year's 1-15 record, that's comforting.  Hopefully the sales will exceed expectations and the upper decks are not far behind.

I'm glad Yates put so much emphasis showing how spectacular Trevor is at getting his shoulders square when he is throwing on the run. That was something I pointed out in the pro day thread a while back too. Someone his size should not have that kind of body control, it's absurd.

My only concern is his weight, which seems a little slight for the potential punishment he could take. Will added pounds affect his mobility and body control?

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021, 02:22 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-02-2021, 11:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My only concern is his weight, which seems a little slight for the potential punishment he could take. Will added pounds affect his mobility and body control?

How much weight do you think he needs to add?

IIRC, he played at 220 last year.

I think he could easily put on another ten pounds without any issue.

My concern is the team giving him the supporting cast he needs to excel.

(04-02-2021, 11:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 11:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My only concern is his weight, which seems a little slight for the potential punishment he could take. Will added pounds affect his mobility and body control?

How much weight do you think he needs to add?

IIRC, he played at 220 last year.

I think he could easily put on another ten pounds without any issue.

During his pro day he was down in the teens. I'm sure he bulks up during the season. 

It's amazing how narrow they can calculate what the optimal weight should be for a player's physique and position. I don't recall exactly who made the calculations but they said for TL to be playing in the pros his weight should be 226-228.

I watched this yesterday aswell. Was really great analysis. I really don’t know how the media has gone from TL being a generational talent to suddenly Zach Wilson being the best QB in the draft. I’ve watched some of ZW’s tape and I just don’t see it.

I’m so hyped for us getting TL. I’m fully on board with Meyer aswell, really love everything he says in interviews. I’m excited for the draft and the seasons to come.

(04-02-2021, 01:53 PM)Ordar Wrote: I watched this yesterday aswell. Was really great analysis. I really don’t know how the media has gone from TL being a generational talent to suddenly Zach Wilson being the best QB in the draft. I’ve watched some of ZW’s tape and I just don’t see it.

I’m so hyped for us getting TL. I’m fully on board with Meyer aswell, really love everything he says in interviews. I’m excited for the draft and the seasons to come.

Not totally sold on Meyer and Baalke yet, but I'm a little more comfortable with it now than I was at the time the hire was made.

Quite comfortable-stoked as hell, actually-for TL.