Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Cowherd: Trevor or....

I know most here do not care for Colin Cowherd.  He habitually trashes Jacksonville.

But I gotta admit this is an interesting segment.

Here, he compares Trevor Lawrence to other notable QBs over the next 5 years.

https://youtu.be/zyGiFmh1Pj4

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 08:37 AM by Cleatwood.)

Cowherd LOVES Trevor so his tune is changing pretty quickly about Jacksonville.

Very interesting that for the next 5 years, the only QBs he would take over Trevor, are Josh Allen, Herbert, Mahomes and Brady.

That's the biggest obstacle here for Jacksonville. The AFC is loaded with young QBs and thankfully, the Jags will have one of their own but it's going to be a battle for a long time.

(04-09-2021, 08:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Cowherd LOVES Trevor so his tune is changing pretty quickly about Jacksonville.

I didn't know he loved Trevor until now.

He still found a way to get his shots in at Jacksonville...at least express his doubts about the FOs ability to put talent around him.  But it's nice to see Trevor Lawrence at least be in the conversation with the QBs he mentioned.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 08:58 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-09-2021, 07:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I know most here do not care for Colin Cowherd.  He habitually trashes Jacksonville.

I honestly tried to watch him but his love for Russell Wilson is overbearing.  I used to turn on his show and change it upon the 1st mention of Russell Wilson and I kid you not, in most cases, he'd mention Wilson within the initial 10 minutes of each episode.

LOL .... I posted the above, even before clicking on the video.  Little did I know that Russell Wilson was going to be mentioned in the 1st minute.

(04-09-2021, 08:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 07:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I know most here do not care for Colin Cowherd.  He habitually trashes Jacksonville.

I honestly tried to watch him but his love for Russell Wilson is overbearing.  I used to turn on his show and change it upon the 1st mention of Russell Wilson and I kid you not, in most cases, he'd mention Wilson within the initial 10 minutes of each episode.

LOL .... I posted the above, even before clicking on the video.  Little did I know that Russell Wilson was going to be mentioned in the 1st minute.

Thing is, initially, he gave the edge to Trevor Lawrence over him.  He kind of waffled at the very end of the segment, but he chose Trevor over him at the beginning.

If what you say about Cowherd's love for Wilson is true, then it speaks volumes of the esteem he holds Trevor Lawrence.

I just hope Lawrence plays up to that.

Brady? For the next season or 2 perhaps... but let's not pretend Father Time isn't about to snatch Brady up by his depends any day now....
Herbert showed a lot as a rookie... I dunno if I can say that I'd definitely take him over Lawrence for the next 5 years though?
Allen (if he continues to play as he did this past season) and Mahomes are kinda no brainers to me but because they've kinda proven it and TLaw obviously hasn't at the NFL level yet.

And yeah... I still don't care for Cowherd. Though he isn't nearly as bad as some other talking heads. I dislike Kellerman, Skip Bayless , and Stephen A much more.

I think I'd definitely take Herbert over Lawrence. In my mind, if we fast foward to one year from today, our realistic best case for Lawrence is that he would be in the spot Herbert is right now. Played really well, showed tons of potential to get even better, has all the makings of a star QB, still on rookie deal, etc... But obviously we dont know yet if Lawrence will get to that point. We hope he will. We think he will. But he hasn't done it yet while Herbert is already there.

To my untrained eye, Joe Burrow has the look of the next GOAT. But only if Cincy sees it too and builds around him. I fear for the boy.

What a weird segment. His standards are all over the place.

Sadly I could really see Brady continuing on. He barely gets touched. He hasn't had an injury history. I want him to go but what can you do.

We are a huge question mark. Can we really see progress and stability across the franchise? I sure hope so.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(04-09-2021, 10:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: To my untrained eye, Joe Burrow has the look of the next GOAT. But only if Cincy sees it too and builds around him. I fear for the boy.

Carson Palmer was on that same path until Kimo Von Olhoffen rolled over on Carson's leg during the playoff game.  Carson's career was never the same after that.

Who would you take last season if Lawrence and Burrow came out the same year ?

I would take Lawrence after he won his national championship as a sophomore. I can’t believe we are about to draft him. Biggest draftee in franchise HISTORY.

Cowherd is a hack. Herbert had a great rookie year but there is no way he's as good a prospect as Lawrence. Brady isn't playing for 4 more years and it certainly won't be at a high level of he does.

Allen and Mahomes are the only two clear picks over Trevor.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 04:26 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-09-2021, 09:34 AM)Kane Wrote: Brady? For the next season or 2 perhaps... but let's not pretend Father Time isn't about to snatch Brady up by his depends any day now....
Herbert showed a lot as a rookie... I dunno if I can say that I'd definitely take him over Lawrence for the next 5 years though?
Allen (if he continues to play as he did this past season) and Mahomes are kinda no brainers to me but because they've kinda proven it and TLaw obviously hasn't at the NFL level yet.

And yeah... I still don't care for Cowherd. Though he isn't nearly as bad as some other talking heads. I dislike Kellerman, Skip Bayless , and Stephen A much more.

Brady has proven to be a huge aberration.

Most would have declined so far they'd be out of the league by now, either by force or voluntarily.  But a another poster pointed out, he has taken very little punishment over the years because he has been protected well, by himself, his system, and his linemen.

I would take Lawrence over guys like Rodgers and Wilson due to age.  Not sure if wither will be playing that long.  Rodgers is talking about hosting jeopardy and is in his late 30s.  Wilson is in his early 30s, but seemed to complain quite a bit about the punishment he is taking.

Allen is a trickier analysis.  I think he enters the league more advanced and NFL ready than Allen.  However, now that Allen has been developed quite well and been given an outstanding supporting cast, Allen's stronger arm and faster wheels would put him ahead of Lawrence in that 5 year span, but I hope I am wrong.  Watson?  Right now, I'm thinking he is toast-at least for the short term.

Stafford?  If his line doesn't crash and burn, his team could get Stafford a little higher because the defense is very very good and he has good offensive coaches.  He could reach a Super Bowl.  But just individually as a QB?  Trevor.

Dak Prescott?  Has exceeded all expectations, but his salary could make things dicey for him and his supporting cast down the road.

Burrow would be another tough comp.  he has remarkable agility-assuming he returns to 100% health after that torn ACL.  Has very good accuracy, and perhaps most importantly, he has a better supporting cast now, and is likely to get stronger if the Bengals get Sewell, Pitts, or Chase (in that order).

Its fun talk, but Cowherd is hardly a guy I would go to for advice or a prediction on how a prospect is. He knows little to nothing about what it takes to be an nfl QB. Anyone can breakdown some youtube clips, it doesn’t make you a GM or Scout.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 05:56 PM by I am Yoda.)

(04-09-2021, 09:34 AM)Kane Wrote: And yeah... I still don't care for Cowherd. Though he isn't nearly as bad as some other talking heads. I dislike Kellerman, Skip Bayless , and Stephen A much more.

Heheh.  Cowherd is less bad than those 3 and can be entertaining.  With Bayless, he does it with a smirk.  He knows he's spewing bovine fertilizer and that it's his schtick.  Kellerman and Stephen A are both totally convinced of their own superior intellects!  Lol.  Stephen A doesn't even use half of his adjectives correctly.   Laughing
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 05:59 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-09-2021, 11:46 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 10:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: To my untrained eye, Joe Burrow has the look of the next GOAT. But only if Cincy sees it too and builds around him. I fear for the boy.

Carson Palmer was on that same path until Kimo Von Olhoffen rolled over on Carson's leg during the playoff game.  Carson's career was never the same after that.

Exactly.

While he has to make no apologies for the career he had, but for that injury, we'd be talking about Palmer in a completely different light-one far more favorable to him.

(04-09-2021, 09:34 AM)Kane Wrote: Brady? For the next season or 2 perhaps... but let's not pretend Father Time isn't about to snatch Brady up by his depends any day now....

I absolutely despise Bayless...and that goes back over 20 years.

Honestly the criteria were based on Front Office, Ownership, Coaching and the QB potential. We have questions across most of the areas other that Lawrence potential.

Busts happen but I sure hope this is the turning point.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I watched it, and it seemed like Cowherd kept changing his criteria on every comparison. It was very inconsistent. "Who would you take?" wasn't well defined, either.

(04-09-2021, 06:33 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Honestly the criteria were based on Front Office, Ownership, Coaching and the QB potential.  We have questions across most of the areas other that Lawrence potential.

Busts happen but I sure hope this is the turning point.
If not now, when?

Gotta be the turning point.