Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst case scenario at 25

What is our worst case scenario at 25?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

RB, TE, or Toney. Would be pretty hard to mess it up otherwise.

(04-09-2021, 02:44 PM)Upper Wrote: RB, TE, or Toney. Would be pretty hard to mess it up otherwise.

I'm fine with RB or Toney.  I think 25 would be too early for a TE.  

I guess really worst case scenario?  Kicker, punter, or QB.

I am having trouble coming up with a worst case scenario unless it is just a major reach. That is my worst case, a huge reach.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-09-2021, 02:44 PM)Upper Wrote: RB, TE, or Toney. Would be pretty hard to mess it up otherwise.

Same, except I'd say any wide receiver- not just Toney. A very good receiver is likely to be there at 65- possibly even a fast-dropping Rondale Moore. If not him, Dynami Brown or St. Brown from USC would be great value picks there. They need to take either an offensive tackle (Darrisaw, please drop to 25) or edge rusher after Lawrence.

Kadarius Toney. The most overrated player in the draft.

As positions go, taking another QB, punter or kicker would be worst case scenario.

But as far as particular players, I would not be happy with Rousseau or Oweh at 25.

Etienne would be a highly unpopular choice, but I like him as a player. I just think we'd have bigger priorities.

Even though Lageman believes we still could use DT for interior pass rush and run stuffing, and I could understand the need, I would be a little disappointed with a DT like Barmore.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 04:17 PM by Upper.)

I'd be kinda pumped by Oweh at 25, I think he's going to be pretty monstrous. I agre Rousseau would be gross.

(04-09-2021, 02:40 PM)Dimson Wrote: What is our worst case scenario at 25?

Darfting a 4-3 End to play OLB in a 3-4 or JOK get my vote.

Personally 25 is too early for a safety, but I know next to nothing about Meohrig other than he's been mocked to us ad nauseum at that spot. I won't call it a disaster, but I'd be dissatisfied nonetheless.

(04-09-2021, 04:17 PM)Upper Wrote: I'd be kinda pumped by Oweh at 25, I think he's going to be pretty monstrous. I agre Rousseau would be gross.

Oweh has done nothing in college. He just has great workout numbers. He's another mike Mamula.

(04-09-2021, 04:51 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 02:40 PM)Dimson Wrote: What is our worst case scenario at 25?

Darfting a 4-3 End to play OLB in a 3-4 or JOK get my vote.

Personally 25 is too early for a safety, but I know next to nothing about Meohrig other than he's been mocked to us ad nauseum at that spot. I won't call it a disaster, but I'd be dissatisfied nonetheless.

I feel the same about Moehrig. He is probably the best safety in this draft class but not worth the number 25 pick.

(04-09-2021, 04:17 PM)Upper Wrote: I'd be kinda pumped by Oweh at 25, I think he's going to be pretty monstrous. I agre Rousseau would be gross.

Because of his 40 time?  Lol

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 06:50 PM by Upper.)

(04-09-2021, 05:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Oweh has done nothing in college. He just has great workout numbers. He's another mike Mamula.

You mean you googled his sack numbers, which are similar to Ansah and JPP btw. He had a lot of pressures and he was very good against the run. Give him some more time to grow into the sport since he had never put on pads until just a handful of years ago and I think his all time great for the position athleticism will wind up tallying more sacks. And in the meantime he'll still be helpful against the run and with disruption.

(04-09-2021, 06:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Because of his 40 time?  Lol

Who looks at 40 times for EDGEs?

(04-09-2021, 06:49 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 05:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Oweh has done nothing in college. He just has great workout numbers. He's another mike Mamula.

You mean you googled his sack numbers, which are similar to Ansah and JPP btw. He had a lot of pressures and he was very good against the run. Give him some more time to grow into the sport since he had never put on pads until just a handful of years ago and I think his all time great for the position athleticism will wind up tallying more sacks. And in the meantime he'll still be helpful against the run and with disruption.

(04-09-2021, 06:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Because of his 40 time?  Lol

That's the thing though. NFL teams are looking for finished products in the early rounds. Most teams cannot afford to give a player like this time to grow into a position. They need him to play right away, unless he goes to a playoff team that is already loaded. Edge rushers taken early in the draft need to produce sacks in their first two years or they will likely be out of the league before the age of 25.

(04-09-2021, 08:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 06:49 PM)Upper Wrote: You mean you googled his sack numbers, which are similar to Ansah and JPP btw. He had a lot of pressures and he was very good against the run. Give him some more time to grow into the sport since he had never put on pads until just a handful of years ago and I think his all time great for the position athleticism will wind up tallying more sacks. And in the meantime he'll still be helpful against the run and with disruption.

That's the thing though. NFL teams are looking for finished products in the early rounds. Most teams cannot afford to give a player like this time to grow into a position. They need him to play right away, unless he goes to a playoff team that is already loaded. Edge rushers taken early in the draft need to produce sacks in their first two years or they will likely be out of the league before the age of 25.

Ansah and JPP were both taken in the top half of the first round and had similar or worse sack totals than him. Oweh also owns them both athletically and was productive against the run and for stacking on pressure. Taking Oweh at 25 would be more than fine.

Since they did nothing in FA to help the OL, they have to get someone in to help this OL. If they don't, none of these other picks will matter this year or until they do.

(04-09-2021, 10:59 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: Since they did nothing in FA to help the OL, they have to get someone in to help this OL. If they don't, none of these other picks will matter this year or until they do.

Agreed.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 11:30 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-09-2021, 11:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 10:59 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: Since they did nothing in FA to help the OL, they have to get someone in to help this OL. If they don't, none of these other picks will matter this year or until they do.

Agreed.

To me, barring a most unusual circumstance where none of the BAPs at their picks are linemen, I see no excuse for the team to not address the area at least once in ten picks.

Even though Meyer said it wasn't a blow it up situation on the OL, the need for quality depth necessitates OL, if nothing else.

If we had a slew of injuries along the OL, as the roster is currently, there is no way we could protect TL.

Truth is, we need to upgrade the T spots.  But to not address OL at all this offseason would be a most egregious negligence.

Were there such a thing as malpractice in football GM circles, that would be it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2021, 12:05 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-09-2021, 11:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 11:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed.

To me, barring a most unusual circumstance where none of the BAPs at their picks are linemen, I see no excuse for the team to not address the area at least once in ten picks.

Even though Meyer said it wasn't a blow it up situation on the OL, the need for quality depth necessitates OL, if nothing else.

If we had a slew of injuries along the OL, as the roster is currently, there is no way we could protect TL.

Truth is, we need to upgrade the T spots.  But to not address OL at all this offseason would be a most egregious negligence.

Were there such a thing as malpractice in football GM circles, that would be it.

This is my sleeper pick and who I think will be better than a lot of tackles before him

https://247sports.com/college/byu/Articl...163770189/

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...07846?s=19

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...48167?s=19

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2021, 01:19 AM by Eric1.)

Pretty much this... ^

but RB is definitely at the top of worst case scenarios at 25.

(04-09-2021, 08:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 06:49 PM)Upper Wrote: You mean you googled his sack numbers, which are similar to Ansah and JPP btw. He had a lot of pressures and he was very good against the run. Give him some more time to grow into the sport since he had never put on pads until just a handful of years ago and I think his all time great for the position athleticism will wind up tallying more sacks. And in the meantime he'll still be helpful against the run and with disruption.

I mean, Ansah was as raw as they come coming out of college and only had 4.5 sacks at BYU in 3 seasons. He went 5th overall..