Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftists care nothing about 'facts' on climate. They care only about power

Factfulness by Hans Rosling.  It is a bestseller.

The basic premise of the book is that the people of the world don't know about all the rapid progress throughout the world because the media mislead the public.  The author should have included educators, entertainers, politicians, and many billionaires, including Gates himself, as people who collude to intentionally misinform the public.  The more the public is scared, the more power and money these people confiscate.

Here are three, of the many, facts in the book:

Number 1: The average life expectancy throughout the world stayed flat at around thirty for 8,000 years, until the 1800s.  Then it more than doubled in less than 200 years to more than seventy today.  What happened in the 1800s?  We started using oil and coal and got electricity.  Thousands of products that greatly improve our quality and length of life are derived from crude oil.

Number 2: Women throughout the world are having fewer children.  The author gave two reasons.  The first is that many more children survive past the age of five than they did in the past.  The second is that as the economy and productivity improve, fewer children are needed to perform labor.

Think of farming in the U.S. in the 1800s, where around 90% of the people lived on farms.  Today, the number is around one percent.  The gas combustion engine, tractors, combines, and other oil-powered equipment have allowed the world to be fed with very few people doing the work.

Number 3: The number of deaths from natural disasters went down by more than half in the last hundred years even while the population went up from around 1.8 billion to around 7.7 billion.

Very few people would guess this fact, considering that every day we are bombarded with talking points about the existential threat of climate change caused by humans and oil.  Every time we get a major storm, a flood, a drought, or fires, we are told the lie that it is the worst it has ever been as they push the agenda for more government control and to stop using oil.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/202...power.html
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We have fewer people because of birth control moreso than because we need fewer of them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-12-2021, 10:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We have fewer people because of birth control moreso than because we need fewer of them.

Chicken and egg in a way though.

(04-12-2021, 09:46 AM)Ronster Wrote: Factfulness by Hans Rosling.  It is a bestseller.

The basic premise of the book is that the people of the world don't know about all the rapid progress throughout the world because the media mislead the public.  The author should have included educators, entertainers, politicians, and many billionaires, including Gates himself, as people who collude to intentionally misinform the public.  The more the public is scared, the more power and money these people confiscate.

Here are three, of the many, facts in the book:

Number 1: The average life expectancy throughout the world stayed flat at around thirty for 8,000 years, until the 1800s.  Then it more than doubled in less than 200 years to more than seventy today.  What happened in the 1800s?  We started using oil and coal and got electricity.  Thousands of products that greatly improve our quality and length of life are derived from crude oil.

We discovered germs. 

Improving quality of life and extending life expectancy aren't the same thing lol.

Life expectancy is a misleading figure, because it was drastically affected by child deaths. Even going back in history, once a person got through childhood, they lived fairly long lives. I couldn't tell you if oil and electricity were the biggest contributors to the decrease in child mortality, but that is what had to change to increase life expectancy. I suspect vaccines need to get some credit, but that's just a guess. Couldn't tell you for certain.

"The progressives say that we’re so deep into anthropogenically accelerated climate change (AACC) that there’s almost no time left to turn things around. If we don’t act now, it will be too late.

Nope, sorry squad members. What we can predict, instead, is an overall temperature reduction of 1 degree Centigrade by the end of the GSM. Afterward, natural warming at the rate of around 0.5 C. every hundred years will continue for the next 600 years or so"

Much More - https://www.americanthinker.com/articles...nimum.html
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I'm sure the second 'fact' is absolutely true but let me tell you- women are having fewer, if any kids, because they're not listening to a society that tells them they have to. They're not putting all their self worth into, or finding their identity in being something they're not; maternal. At least the ones who think for themselves aren't. Birth control is one of the best things to ever happen for women. That, and the ability and confidence to say, "no I'm not having kids."

I get a lot of grief when people learn I never wanted kids. I tell them I'm doing my part in population control and climate change. And it's none of their damn business.

Al Sharpton cares about climate change. He proved that yesterday when he boarded a private jet to be in attendance for the Chauvin verdict.

(04-20-2021, 03:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Al Sharpton cares about climate change. He proved that yesterday when he boarded a private jet to be in attendance for the Chauvin verdict.

The fact Al Sharpton can fly on a private jet illustrates the absolute farce of racial politics.

(04-20-2021, 03:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Al Sharpton cares about climate change. He proved that yesterday when he boarded a private jet to be in attendance for the Chauvin verdict.

Another "rules for thee" democrat. Shocker.

(04-21-2021, 05:36 AM)captivating Wrote: Number 4:  Roads are safer to drive on because the number of deaths on our roads has fallen since 1970.

I would think car safety improvements lend more to that number than road improvement.

(04-21-2021, 06:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:36 AM)captivating Wrote: Number 4:  Roads are safer to drive on because the number of deaths on our roads has fallen since 1970.

I would think car safety improvements lend more to that number than road improvement.

Yep, and perhaps there are reasons why deaths from natural disasters are lower today, like, better communication, greater ability to evac people, better early warning systems  

Using deaths from natural disasters as a metric against climate change is just as pathetic as my example of using lower auto deaths as a measure of better / safer drivers.

(04-21-2021, 07:10 AM)captivating Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 06:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I would think car safety improvements lend more to that number than road improvement.

Yep, and perhaps there are reasons why deaths from natural disasters are lower today, like, better communication, greater ability to evac people, better early warning systems  

Maybe it was because Ralph Nader showed the data, and then the government made every company put in seat belts.
s
;

;