Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence already has Jaguars playbook according to a NFL network source

I agree with this.. If true it makes total sense!

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...74502?s=20
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 06:56 PM by Jag88.)

Yes and thank you. If this is true, that's bad azz. A little more than two weeks until the draft. Cant wait!

This kid is going to be special for this franchise and this fan base. We’ve fell on hard times for so many seasons. He is going to make this team one of the hottest tickets around.

I can’t wait until it’s official..

[Image: 9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_screenshot.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Laughing
(04-12-2021, 09:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [Image: 9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_screenshot.jpg]

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Sounds like my work unpaid time working is highly encouraged.

Next news story, Jags lose #1 pick for breaking rules, NFLPA fines team and starts boycott of Jags.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 04:31 AM by rpr52121.)

Supposedly Bengals did same thing with Burrow last year. Not that big a deal:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1381701895375491073

I asked Vic this question. It's a loophole, because Lawrence is not in the NFL yet. They can give him whatever they want and spend as much time talking with him until he is drafted. It's a perk of having the number 1 pick. I think the time they can invest into Lawrence far outweighs the secrecy of the number 1 pick. The only potential drawback would be him seriously getting hurt somehow.

You can give your play book to every draft eligible player if you want.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-12-2021, 09:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [Image: 9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_screenshot.jpg]

Disagree.  We definitely deserve Trevor.  We had a great fanbase but 13 years of ineptitude has pretty much gutted hope and passion.  Any other fanbase would have been morally devastated as well. Don't let them kid you, I grew up in the 1980's when the Packers had suck [BLEEP] QBs and their stadium was nearly empty during those November and December games.  Sure, they sold out since their season tickets have been passed down through generations and the state of Wisconsin is 100% Packers fans since nobody moves there, but they sure as hell didn't start going back to the game in droves until Favre turned their franchise around.

Finally we get to take advantage of a perk. I think the expansion draft was that other time we had a perk.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(04-13-2021, 08:34 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Finally we get to take advantage of a perk. I think the expansion draft was that other time we had a perk.
Texans Expansion, that was the last time we won a draft
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(04-13-2021, 07:44 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I asked Vic this question. It's a loophole, because Lawrence is not in the NFL yet. They can give him whatever they want and spend as much time talking with him until he is drafted. It's a perk of having the number 1 pick. I think the time they can invest into Lawrence far outweighs the secrecy of the number 1 pick. The only potential drawback would be him seriously getting hurt somehow.

It's a good thing for sure, and it sounds like the team is taking advantage of this as best they can.  1010XL was talking about that this morning, and it sounds like Lawrence has already been attending Zoom calls with the staff.  They didn't go into much detail, but indicated that he's already starting to step into a leadership role as he picks up the playbook and gets comfortable with the expectations.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 12:23 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-14-2021, 08:10 AM)FBT Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 07:44 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I asked Vic this question. It's a loophole, because Lawrence is not in the NFL yet. They can give him whatever they want and spend as much time talking with him until he is drafted. It's a perk of having the number 1 pick. I think the time they can invest into Lawrence far outweighs the secrecy of the number 1 pick. The only potential drawback would be him seriously getting hurt somehow.

It's a good thing for sure, and it sounds like the team is taking advantage of this as best they can.  1010XL was talking about that this morning, and it sounds like Lawrence has already been attending Zoom calls with the staff.  They didn't go into much detail, but indicated that he's already starting to step into a leadership role as he picks up the playbook and gets comfortable with the expectations.

https://youtu.be/VrKaioiM1jE?t=10

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'd be interested to know if Minshew even has the new Playbook.

(04-14-2021, 01:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd be interested to know if Minshew even has the new Playbook.

It's a jpeg of a clipboard.

In regards to the comment about Minshew....I remember Garrard questioned Coughlin as to why they drafted Byron Leftwich. He was basically told to shut up and do his job.

A few years later he earned a $60 million dollar contract and a trip to the Pro Bowl (bc everybody declined).

In other words, Minshew will continue to be the QB2 and he will be paid. You just never know how the NFL will change on a dime.

(04-15-2021, 01:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: In regards to the comment about Minshew....I remember Garrard questioned Coughlin as to why they drafted Byron Leftwich. He was basically told to shut up and do his job.

A few years later he earned a $60 million dollar contract and a trip to the Pro Bowl (bc everybody declined).

In other words, Minshew will continue to be the QB2 and he will be paid. You just never know how the NFL will change on a dime.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(04-15-2021, 01:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: In regards to the comment about Minshew....I remember Garrard questioned Coughlin as to why they drafted Byron Leftwich. He was basically told to shut up and do his job.

Leftwich was drafted under Shack Harris/Jack Del Rio's first season, Coughlin had nothing to do with it.