Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MoJo's Mock Draft Live - Tuesday 8pm (NFL Network)

FYI --- NFL Network is featuring MoJo's Mock Draft live tonight.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He has already released it on NFL.com if you want to see it now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 02:02 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-13-2021, 01:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He has already released it on NFL.com if you want to see it now.

Thanks for the info .....

1) No way Kwity Paye is going #26

2) Nice marketing for his Safety buddy Jevon Holland (Oregon) going to the Jags instead of the TCU Safety Trevon Moehrig.

"Having coached Holland at KT Prep, I know just how valuable he can be for the Jaguars' secondary as a versatile player. He can play safety, cornerback, nickel or weak-side linebacker, and has the goods to cover slot receivers and tight ends. He'll immediately boost any unit."

-------

I don't want this piece of crap !!!

[font=All-ProSans-Medium, sans-serif]Weaknesses
[/font]
  • Scouts have some concerns about long speed.

• Loses coverage effectiveness as route progresses downfield.

• Had trouble catching up once he got behind in man coverage.

• Gets caught flat-footed at times.

• A little labored transitioning from his pedal.

• Average range as sideline-to-sideline tackler.

• Needs to be quicker coming to balance and getting tackle-ready.

• In 2019, pushed around at point of attack by Washington tight end Cade Otton.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 02:20 PM by The Real Marty.)

(04-13-2021, 01:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 01:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He has already released it on NFL.com if you want to see it now.

Thanks for the info .....

2) Nice marketing for his Safety buddy Jevon Holland (Oregon) going to the Jags instead of the TCU Safety Trevon Moehrig.

"Having coached Holland at KT Prep, I know just how valuable he can be for the Jaguars' secondary as a versatile player. He can play safety, cornerback, nickel or weak-side linebacker, and has the goods to cover slot receivers and tight ends. He'll immediately boost any unit."

-------

[/font]

You left out this part:

Strengths
  • Looks, feels and moves like a pro player.

• Versatility to move around in the secondary.

• Proper eye balance between quarterback and route traffic from zone.

• Adequate route-break anticipation from off-man.

• Looks to smother and find entry point to play the throw at the top of the route.

• Timing to open and sprint into phase with receiver.

• High school receiver with excellent ball skills and competes hard for the football.

• Tools for continued ball production on the next level.

• Consistent punch and separates from perimeter blocks.

• Flies into developing run lanes to greet runners near the line.

• Makes centered, aggressive strikes as downhill tackler.

• Flashed impressive punt return talent.
But I would add, if you look at picks 26-32 in that mock draft, those are some pretty attractive players at valuable positions.  So I wouldn't say I would take Jevon Holland at all.

(04-13-2021, 02:14 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 01:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Thanks for the info .....

-------

[/font]

You left out this part:

Strengths

• Looks to smother and find entry point to play the throw at the top of the route.

• High school receiver with excellent ball skills and competes hard for the football.

But I would add, if you look at picks 26-32 in that mock draft, those are some pretty attractive players at valuable positions.  So I wouldn't say I would take Jevon Holland at all.

Actually, I didn't leave out the Strengths as all I needed to look at the Weaknesses to make my decision based on our #25 pick.  Slow, flat footed, etc.  It's kind of like citing herpes as a weakness on match.com ...... most people really don't need to look at your strengths after that; at least not for a 1st round selection.

Yeah but why would you call this kid a piece of crap because you don’t want the Jaguars to draft him?

(04-13-2021, 03:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Actually, I didn't leave out the Strengths as all I needed to look at the Weaknesses to make my decision based on our #25 pick.  Slow, flat footed, etc.  It's kind of like citing herpes as a weakness on match.com ...... most people really don't need to look at your strengths after that; at least not for a 1st round selection.

I think it's easier just to say I don't want a safety at 25. Full stop.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 09:02 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-13-2021, 03:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 02:14 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: You left out this part:

Strengths

Actually, I didn't leave out the Strengths as all I needed to look at the Weaknesses to make my decision based on our #25 pick.  Slow, flat footed, etc.  It's kind of like citing herpes as a weakness on match.com ...... most people really don't need to look at your strengths after that; at least not for a 1st round selection.

He ran a 4.47 40 time.  That's not slow for a safety.  

Again, he's not my pick.  But he's not "a piece of crap" as you characterized him.

And besides, anyone who falls into the range of pick #25 is not going to be a perfect player.  All of them will have draft profiles that list weaknesses as well as strengths.  The website you cited for his weaknesses gives him a grade of 6.25, which would put him near the top of the 2nd round.

(04-13-2021, 07:37 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: Yeah but why would you call this kid a piece of crap because you don’t want the Jaguars to draft him?

PC Police Alert.

Why so sensitive? 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15885359]

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 09:47 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-13-2021, 07:37 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: Yeah but why would you call this kid a piece of crap because you don’t want the Jaguars to draft him?

PC Police Alert.

Why so sensitive? 

(04-14-2021, 07:59 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Actually, I didn't leave out the Strengths as all I needed to look at the Weaknesses to make my decision based on our #25 pick.  Slow, flat footed, etc.  It's kind of like citing herpes as a weakness on match.com ...... most people really don't need to look at your strengths after that; at least not for a 1st round selection.

I think it's easier just to say I don't want a safety at 25. Full stop.

That would have been quite boring and the thread would have died.

I'm almost sold on the idea of trading our #25 to the Ravens for Orlando Brown. I feel like we're diddling around with that position and it might get Trevor in trouble. With my two second round picks, I would grab the Penn State TE, and the best available safety.

(04-14-2021, 09:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

PC Police Alert.

Why so sensitive? 

(04-14-2021, 07:59 AM)Mikey Wrote: I think it's easier just to say I don't want a safety at 25. Full stop.

Instead, the thread was brutally murdered

(04-14-2021, 10:10 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'm almost sold on the idea of trading our #25 to the Ravens for Orlando Brown. I feel like we're diddling around with that position and it might get Trevor in trouble.  With my two second round picks, I would grab the Penn State TE, and the best available safety.

The problem is Cam was franchised at like $14M, Brown would be getting paid more under a new contract, and then what to do with Taylor? Brown is being paid left tackle money, and Cam has to be on the field with the money he's making, so he goes to right tackle. That makes for a very expensive right tackle who's never played right tackle before. This also stunts Taylor's development. Thus, if they trade for Brown, they need to trade Cam to another team or have him start over Cann at right guard. That would be a very expensive offensive line for the year, but if they can swing it Trevor would benefit.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-14-2021, 11:41 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 10:10 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'm almost sold on the idea of trading our #25 to the Ravens for Orlando Brown. I feel like we're diddling around with that position and it might get Trevor in trouble.  With my two second round picks, I would grab the Penn State TE, and the best available safety.

The problem is Cam was franchised at like $14M, Brown would be getting paid more under a new contract, and then what to do with Taylor? Brown is being paid left tackle money, and Cam has to be on the field with the money he's making, so he goes to right tackle. That makes for a very expensive right tackle who's never played right tackle before. This also stunts Taylor's development. Thus, if they trade for Brown, they need to trade Cam to another team or have him start over Cann at right guard. That would be a very expensive offensive line for the year, but if they can swing it Trevor would benefit.

i agree that it wouldn't make sense financially.  But consider this: Trevor represents the revival of this franchise...wins, excitement, making the Jags great again. Those traits alone make him worth protecting at all costs. Cam's deal is only for a year, then he'd be off the books.  If Cam is forced to play RT and stunt Taylor's development, well...it's a tough price to pay...but still worth it to protect TL.

(04-14-2021, 11:37 AM)scottyg Wrote:

Instead, the thread was brutally murdered

Can't argue with that perspective.  Kind of like watching the Gangnam Style dance.   It sucks, but ya just gotta watch it.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 04:52 PM by Mikey.)

PC Police Alert.

Why so sensitive? 

I mean, if we were talking about someone like Tyreek Hil or Greg Hardyl, I get it, but it was a bit over the top.

Ok, if Jenkins is there, do you trade 25 for O or use 25 on Jenkins?

(04-14-2021, 11:41 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

If they do the deal, Cam and Brown can duke it out for the LT spot. Paycheck doesn't matter when setting the roster, otherwise JRob wouldn't have been starting last season. The loser plays at RT (either would be an upgrade over Taylor, and he moves inside where he is likely better suited anyhow.

Injuries along the line are inevitable, it would be great to have 3 (or more) starting caliber tackles on the roster at any time.

I'm just not sold on Brown as a LT. I don't wanna give up that #25 pick for someone I'm not all in on. This is a very good draft class and I don't wanna pass up a chance to get a very good potential "star player" with that #25 selection, so we can trade for a guy that may or may not be a good LT and if he fails, doesn't want to move back to the right side.

(04-14-2021, 05:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I'm just not sold on Brown as a LT. I don't wanna give up that #25 pick for someone I'm not all in on. This is a very good draft class and I don't wanna pass up a chance to get a very good potential "star player" with that #25 selection, so we can trade for a guy that may or may not be a good LT and if he fails, doesn't want to move back to the right side.

What is it about Brown that bothers you? I thought he played well for the Ravens last year.

(04-14-2021, 05:39 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 05:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm just not sold on Brown as a LT. I don't wanna give up that #25 pick for someone I'm not all in on. This is a very good draft class and I don't wanna pass up a chance to get a very good potential "star player" with that #25 selection, so we can trade for a guy that may or may not be a good LT and if he fails, doesn't want to move back to the right side.

What is it about Brown that bothers you? I thought he played well for the Ravens last year.

It's a small sample size and he was playing in a fairly unique and very run-centric offense.  We don't know if he would do as well in a pass oriented offense.

And me personally, I don't have any interest in getting a guy who is forcing his way off of a good team because he doesn't want to play right tackle.