Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 Site wide mock discussion thread

We're almost through the top 10 already, and it seems like the GMs have their boards in order and are racing to the podium to make their picks.

One that I was watching was DET at 7. I've had them for the past few years, and was interested to see how their pick went. Upper, you done good Big Grin  I think Chase is a fantastic pick for them, and I think D6 will be over the moon if the picks fall this way in reality.

At 9, the Broncos passed on a few QB and Rashawn Slater to take the first CB off the board. Had SFO stuck to the media reports and taken Mac instead, Wilson would have been their pick. In reality they'd probably have to trade up to ATL to get him, but he is the only QB I saw as worth picking here and replacing Lock.

Who's your surprise pick? Which GMs nailed it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I didn't have to do much lol. Chase being there at 7 is the dream, unfortunately an unlikely dream unless a team trades to 4 for a QB...but the dream. If Chase was gone I would have gone Waddle for the Lions over Smith fwiw.

I've listened to a few Panthers beat guys guesting on draft pods and they seem to think Slater would be the pick since the Darnold trade. Parsons is awesome on the field but there continue to be these nebulous off field issues that the league is worried about.

So our mock has been playing out somewhat close to what I've seen a lot of mocks published - at 20, Darrisaw is still on the board, and may be the first of a run on OT.

What would you think if the Jags traded up to 20 to get Darrisaw? Is there a different tackle you'd prefer at that spot?

(04-16-2021, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: So our mock has been playing out somewhat close to what I've seen a lot of mocks published - at 20, Darrisaw is still on the board, and may be the first of a run on OT.

What would you think if the Jags traded up to 20 to get Darrisaw? Is there a different tackle you'd prefer at that spot?

I would be on board with that 100%. I don't think Darrisaw will be there at #20 though. I have him going to the Chargers. They have a desperate need for a LT.

Upper.

Who else were you considering at 25?

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 02:23 PM by Upper.)

(04-16-2021, 02:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Upper.

Who else were you considering at 25?

Some people that I hope will make it to 33 now and don't want to influence =)

4 guys in particular that are all pretty common names nothing that would be too surprising.

Good pick for the Jags, I just feel we could of got him at 33

(04-16-2021, 02:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Good pick for the Jags, I just feel we could of got him at 33

I think he'll be a Raven if we don't take him at 25.

(04-16-2021, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 02:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Good pick for the Jags, I just feel we could of got him at 33

Most mocks I have done, have him either gone before 25 or not lasting to 33.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I like the Moehrig pick, definitely in the group of players i hope will be there at 25.

No way. The Ravens need a #1 receiver and they lost both of their edge pass rushers to free agency. They have much bigger holes to fill and there are some ideal players left on the board. If the board fell like this, I believe they would easily take Zaven Collins or Terrace Marshall. Probably Collins.

They have been trying everything they can to get a WR.  I don't think the addition of Watkins who's always injuried its seems will stop them from getting their top WR.  With the loss of Ward, Yawn, and CC turning 35 I the front 7 is another position they would go before safety.  With that said I love Moehrig, I just feel if he makes it to 25 he will be there at 33.  We shall see though in less than 2 weeks