Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
8 dead after Fed Ex shooting

8 dead after a shooting at a Fed Ex facility in Indianapolis.  The shooter is believed to have taken his own life and there's no known motive at this time. 

Indianapolis shooting: 8 people killed after mass shooting at FedEx facility, police say - CNN
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Terrible.

Racial identities of the victims and terrorist need to be made available before .MSM can determine if a weapons ban is recommended.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 08:26 AM by mal234.)

I feel so sorry for all of the victims and their loved ones. This is truly awful.

Mass shootings have been bad in this country particularly the last 15 years or so. They are getting more frequent and frequent, even more so since we've started to get Covid more under control. They had went down significantly during this past year when people were more restricted from doing things due to the virus. I do believe the fear of getting COVID kept some killers/would be killers at bay. That might be one of the few positive things that came from COVID and it's restrictions. I don't think it's a coiciendence now that we're starting to do a better job with COVID, they are ramping up again. It's scary and sad that this is the tradeoff that is happening.

I hope there is more that is done about these horrible violent acts. I am one that does believe we need to do more regarding gun laws. This should not be the norm. There are too many people that accept it as such and that is wrong IMO. Some people don't care about improving things until/unless it happens to them and we have to do better than that. And the way things are going it could happen to some of those people.

(04-16-2021, 08:21 AM)mal234 Wrote: I feel so sorry for all of the victims and their loved ones. This is truly awful.

Mass shootings have been bad in this country particularly the last 15 years or so. They are getting more frequent and frequent, even more so since we've started to get Covid more under control. They had went down significantly during this past year when people were more restricted from doing things due to the virus. I do believe the fear of getting COVID kept some killers/would be killers at bay. That might be one of the few positive things that came from COVID and it's restrictions. I don't think it's a coiciendence now that we're starting to do a better job with COVID, they are ramping up again. It's scary and sad that this is the tradeoff that is happening.

I hope there is more that is done about these horrible violent acts. I am one that does believe we need to do more regarding gun laws. This should not be the norm. There are too many people that accept it as such and that is wrong IMO. Some people don't care about improving things until/unless it happens to them and we have to do better than that. And the way things are going it could happen to some of those people.

Seems most want to put a band-aid on the bullet hole rather than discuss the real issue, which is mental illness. The topic of mental illness doesn't draw clicks and eyes to websites and televisions, so it isn't discussed. "Banning military grade weapons" is a lot more sexy.

The only thing you can do about this as an individual is learn how to use a firearm and open carry where allowed to at least not make yourself a sitting duck in these situations.

(04-16-2021, 08:32 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 08:21 AM)mal234 Wrote: I feel so sorry for all of the victims and their loved ones. This is truly awful.

Seems most want to put a band-aid on the bullet hole rather than discuss the real issue, which is mental illness. The topic of mental illness doesn't draw clicks and eyes to websites and televisions, so it isn't discussed. "Banning military grade weapons" is a lot more sexy.

The only thing you can do about this as an individual is learn how to use a firearm and open carry where allowed to at least not make yourself a sitting duck in these situations.

A smart killer eliminates the moron who's carrying his gun on his outside.(so he can show off how cool and menacing he looks)
Concealed carry is for the non sitting duck type.
s
;

;

Gun laws will do nothing. Criminals always manage to get a hold of weapons. If it's not a gun, they will just get on the internet and learn how to build a bomb. We need to address the real issue behind all of this, the mental health crisis in this country. We have too many mentally ill people walking our streets that don't have the money/insurance to get help for their issues and when they snap, bad things like this are bound to happen. Until we address this root issue, things will never change.

Are they going to release the identity of the terrorist?

Mass shootings weren't increasing. The average was 4 per term since Bush Sr, with Obama being a huge outlier. Went back down to 4 with Trump, and seemingly seem to be going back up.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 01:54 PM by p_rushing.)

(04-16-2021, 01:40 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Mass shootings weren't increasing. The average was 4 per term since Bush Sr, with Obama being a huge outlier. Went back down to 4 with Trump, and seemingly seem to be going back up.

It's almost as if one party wants to push gun bans. It's like someone or a group is pushing them to act. There is a government agency that has a history of pushing people into action when they want them to act.

It's crazy that all these people hate Trump and yet there not mass shootings all the time. Now Biden is there and none stop mass shootings so they can introduce their gun bans.

As some have suggested, part of the real issue is mental health.  I would add to that education and training (or lack thereof).  Hunter's Safety with includes firearms safety was offered at an early age when I was growing up.  I took the first course when I was in 5th grade, taught by our PE coach in the cafeteria in our school.

Times have certainly changed and some people call it "progress".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

[Image: 465-B25-DE-1317-4437-B73-A-8-A41-DCC90-B3-B.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Looks like another "known" guy to FBI. Shocker. At least they got Roger Stone.

(04-16-2021, 03:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 465-B25-DE-1317-4437-B73-A-8-A41-DCC90-B3-B.jpg]

LOL.   Laughing

I think I'm going to do some practicing with my "scary 'military grade'" guns this weekend in between the rain showers.  I also bought a new scope for my 12 year old grandson's rifle this weekend so maybe we will sight it in as well.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The shooter is white. 19-year-old Brandon Scott Hole. The authorities are looking into a “bias” crime because there are a significant number of Sikhs working at this site.

(04-16-2021, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The shooter is white. 19-year-old Brandon Scott Hole. The authorities are looking into a “bias” crime because there are a significant number of Sikhs working at this site.

So in other words the media is trying their best to make this a "white supremacist hate crime".

I try to tune things out that are just there to provoke.
The motive of this guy isn't interesting. He's a terrorist. We don't care what terrorists want, especially dead ones. Doesn't matter if he was racist or Presbyterian or both.
Instead, let's figure out where he got the gun. Are there "red flag" laws in Indiana? If not, would they have helped? If yes, why didn't they work?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 06:12 PM by mal234.)

(04-16-2021, 09:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Gun laws will do nothing. Criminals always manage to get a hold of weapons. If it's not a gun, they will just get on the internet and learn how to build a bomb. We need to address the real issue behind all of this, the mental health crisis in this country. We have too many mentally ill people walking our streets that don't have the money/insurance to get help for their issues and when they snap, bad things like this are bound to happen. Until we address this root issue, things will never change.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't know some of these killers suffer from mental illness until it's way too late. Especially since many of the people they kill don't know them at all. It would be different if most of these shootings involved families/friends of the shooters. But often strangers are the victims and there is no way they know what's going on with some of these killers. I say some, because I believe that some of these killings are people that are just pure evil or some combination of killing and mental illness. If their families suspect/know they have issues they should definitely alert people. Which it looks like the mom did in this latest case, but even that isn't enough. I think that the most effective thing would be as much prevention as possible through better gun legislation. 

(04-16-2021, 05:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: I try to tune things out that are just there to provoke.
The motive of this guy isn't interesting. He's a terrorist.  We don't care what terrorists want, especially dead ones. Doesn't matter if he was racist or Presbyterian or both.
Instead, let's figure out where he got the gun. Are there "red flag" laws in Indiana?  If not, would they have helped? If yes, why didn't they work?

I'm with you. This happens so much, and the motives aren't going to really change anything. Especially since there is no consistent motive in a lot of these shootings, it's often different people for different reasons. Dylan Roof was racist,, the man that killed the ladies at the spa, said he was tempted by them, some people are trying to blame the Phillip Adam's shooting on CTE (though we don't know if that is the true), other people who have killed have been labeled insane, evil, suffering from PTSD, out to get revenge, etc.... There is no rhyme or reason for a lot of this stuff.  It's not like a lot of murder mysteries where there can often be more concrete and similar motives for stuff. These mass shootings are happening everywhere and the motives for them are all over the place.

(04-16-2021, 06:09 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 09:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Gun laws will do nothing. Criminals always manage to get a hold of weapons. If it's not a gun, they will just get on the internet and learn how to build a bomb. We need to address the real issue behind all of this, the mental health crisis in this country. We have too many mentally ill people walking our streets that don't have the money/insurance to get help for their issues and when they snap, bad things like this are bound to happen. Until we address this root issue, things will never change.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't know some of these killers suffer from mental illness until it's way too late. Especially since many of the people they kill don't know them at all. It would be different if most of these shootings involved families/friends of the shooters. But often strangers are the victims and there is no way they know what's going on with some of these killers. I say some, because I believe that some of these killings are people that are just pure evil or some combination of killing and mental illness. If their families suspect/know they have issues they should definitely alert people. Which it looks like the mom did in this latest case, but even that isn't enough. I think that the most effective thing would be as much prevention as possible through better gun legislation. 

(04-16-2021, 05:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: I try to tune things out that are just there to provoke.
The motive of this guy isn't interesting. He's a terrorist.  We don't care what terrorists want, especially dead ones. Doesn't matter if he was racist or Presbyterian or both.
Instead, let's figure out where he got the gun. Are there "red flag" laws in Indiana?  If not, would they have helped? If yes, why didn't they work?

I'm with you. This happens so much, and the motives aren't going to really change anything. Especially since there is no consistent motive in a lot of these shootings, it's often different people for different reasons. Dylan Roof was racist,, the man that killed the ladies at the spa, said he was tempted by them, some people are trying to blame the Phillip Adam's shooting on CTE (though we don't know if that is the true), other people who have killed have been labeled insane, evil, suffering from PTSD, out to get revenge, etc.... There is no rhyme or reason for a lot of this stuff.  It's not like a lot of murder mysteries where there can often be more concrete and similar motives for stuff. These mass shootings are happening everywhere and the motives for them are all over the place.

I'm fine with universal background checks and not allowing people convicted of violent crimes to own any type of weapons. It gets into a "grey area" with mental health though. If you say people with mental issues can't have guns, what are the specific mental issues? It seems like half this country is on some kind of depression or anxiety medication and they seem to be doing just fine. Would they be allowed to own guns? Not all mental issues should be looked at the same way. 99.5% of people who suffer from depression and anxiety are not a danger to anyone else. I think that's why this issue has been put off so long. Who qualifies and who doesn't? It's a slippery slope. 

Where I really disagree with the left is banning certain types of weapons. 99.9999% of people who own semi-automatic rifles (not assault weapons) are completely responsible, law abiding  gun owners and the government has no right to tell them what kind of weapons they can and cannot own. Besides, they are already out there. There is an estimated 17 million of these types of weapons already out on the street. That "cat is out of the bag" and he isn't going back in. You can't force people to give up property that they bought legally, because that would equate to martial law and we cannot tolerate that. It would lead to a complete breakdown and civil war would erupt. That's why Beto O'Rourke was basically laughed out of the last primary. Even the furthest leaning leftist knew that you can't go door to door confiscating people's guns. That definitely would not end well.

If he was targeting people of a specific race or religion, he's not a "terrorist" in the traditional sense.  

Drug laws don't keep drugs off the street.  What makes you think gun laws will prove any more successful?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

active shooter --> thoughts and prayers --> denial --> nothing changes

rinse and repeat