Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Question to Tacks Fans

What the heck happened with Adoree Jackson?

It seemed like he started off decently enough.  Showed good speed, decent cover skills...decent return guy.

How did he bust for you?  Was he an off field issue guy like Wilson?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He got hurt. We’re probably going to regret letting him go, but the FO seems determined to shore up the pass rush and sacrificed the secondary to make room to invest.

(04-22-2021, 07:38 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: He got hurt. We’re probably going to regret letting him go, but the FO seems determined to shore up the pass rush and sacrificed the secondary to make room to invest.

Not sure how much sense that makes...unless Jackson had a serious injury like a torn Achilles' tendon.  Sometimes the pass rush is improved with better coverage.  So what do you think they will do in the first round?  Do you think they will add another guy to the pass rush to help Bud Dupree, address RT again now that you've lost Kelly, Wilson and Conklin all within a short period, replace Jackson, or something else?

It only makes sense at all because of his cap number and the uncertainty of whether he would get back to form.

I’m hoping for another pass rusher, but wouldn’t be disappointed in OT or DB either.

(04-23-2021, 07:44 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: It only makes sense at all because of his cap number and the uncertainty of whether he would get back to form.

I’m hoping for another pass rusher, but wouldn’t be disappointed in OT or DB either.

But he was still on his rookie deal, right?  Why would his cap number be so high?

As it stands now, who would be your RT?  What about WR opposite AJ?

(04-23-2021, 08:44 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 07:44 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: It only makes sense at all because of his cap number and the uncertainty of whether he would get back to form.

But he was still on his rookie deal, right?  Why would his cap number be so high?

He just finished his rookie deal and wanted to get paid.  Titans understandably weren't willing to make the investment given his inability to stay healthy.  

WR...who knows.  We signed Josh Reynolds from the Rams so presumably he'll see plenty of time.  I'm hoping we draft another one in rounds 1 or 2.  

RT...could be Kendall Lamm who we signed.  Also expect the Titans to address this position at some point in the draft.  

I think we go DB, T, WR, for sure at some point in the draft.  Maybe edge rusher depending on how much additional help the front office thinks we need after signing Dupree and Autry.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(04-27-2021, 05:14 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 08:44 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But he was still on his rookie deal, right?  Why would his cap number be so high?

He just finished his rookie deal and wanted to get paid.  Titans understandably weren't willing to make the investment given his inability to stay healthy.  

WR...who knows.  We signed Josh Reynolds from the Rams so presumably he'll see plenty of time.  I'm hoping we draft another one in rounds 1 or 2.  

RT...could be Kendall Lamm who we signed.  Also expect the Titans to address this position at some point in the draft.  

I think we go DB, T, WR, for sure at some point in the draft.  Maybe edge rusher depending on how much additional help the front office thinks we need after signing Dupree and Autry.

So you didn't even give him the 5th year option?  Oh well.

Don't know much about Josh Reynolds at all.  As for RT, I hope you guys don't get Teven Jenkins.  I want him here in Jacksonville.  I also don't want you guys getting Newsome, either, but there are a lot of CBs with length in this draft.  I also don't want you to get Ojulari, though that is less likely with Bud Dupree.

(04-27-2021, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 05:14 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: He just finished his rookie deal and wanted to get paid.  Titans understandably weren't willing to make the investment given his inability to stay healthy.  

Don't know much about Josh Reynolds at all.  As for RT, I hope you guys don't get Teven Jenkins.  I want him here in Jacksonville.  I also don't want you guys getting Newsome, either, but there are a lot of CBs with length in this draft.  I also don't want you to get Ojulari, though that is less likely with Bud Dupree.

Grand total of 2 career interceptions and couldn't stay healthy his last 2 years.  Just not worth the squeeze....time to move on.

Reynolds is supposedly good but was obviously overshadowed by Woods and Kupp.  Had 52 receptions last year, so he has potential to be productive.  Likely a replacement for Humphries and not Davis imo.  Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see them grab a WR in rounds 1 or 2.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(04-27-2021, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 05:14 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: He just finished his rookie deal and wanted to get paid.  Titans understandably weren't willing to make the investment given his inability to stay healthy.  

The Titans did give him the 5th year option, and me, like most fans, thought we were on the hook for his 5th year. Turns out that some rule from the year he was signed allowed them to get out of it.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if the Titans drafted nothing but lines.

(04-29-2021, 07:43 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So you didn't even give him the 5th year option?  Oh well.

The Titans did give him the 5th year option, and me, like most fans, thought we were on the hook for his 5th year. Turns out that some rule from the year he was signed allowed them to get out of it.

Aside from RT, I don't think your lines are bad at all, unless Lewan has some sort of serious injury I don't know about that puts his availability at issue.  Believe me, I don't like giving tacks fans encouragement.

That said, this is a deep draft for OL.

(04-29-2021, 08:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:43 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: The Titans did give him the 5th year option, and me, like most fans, thought we were on the hook for his 5th year. Turns out that some rule from the year he was signed allowed them to get out of it.

Aside from RT, I don't think your lines are bad at all, unless Lewan has some sort of serious injury I don't know about that puts his availability at issue.  Believe me, I don't like giving tacks fans encouragement.

We don’t have a RT. Guard could upgrade

(04-29-2021, 08:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:43 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: The Titans did give him the 5th year option, and me, like most fans, thought we were on the hook for his 5th year. Turns out that some rule from the year he was signed allowed them to get out of it.

There was a lot of animosity between Jaguars fans and Titans fans when I joined this board almost twenty years ago, for obvious reasons. I’ve actually grown to respect the Jags, and even respect a few of you as fans  Big Grin

(04-29-2021, 07:48 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 08:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Aside from RT, I don't think your lines are bad at all, unless Lewan has some sort of serious injury I don't know about that puts his availability at issue.  Believe me, I don't like giving tacks fans encouragement.

There was a lot of animosity between Jaguars fans and Titans fans when I joined this board almost twenty years ago, for obvious reasons. I’ve actually grown to respect the Jags, and even respect a few of you as fans  Big Grin

There's a grudging respect AND animosity!  Get it right!

(04-29-2021, 09:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:48 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: There was a lot of animosity between Jaguars fans and Titans fans when I joined this board almost twenty years ago, for obvious reasons. I’ve actually grown to respect the Jags, and even respect a few of you as fans  Big Grin

There's a grudging respect AND animosity!  Get it right!

Your not kidding. Honestly it is darn frustrating and grudging respect. Your team owns us for so dang long. We are the darn little brother.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(04-30-2021, 06:16 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 09:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There's a grudging respect AND animosity!  Get it right!

Your not kidding. Honestly it is darn frustrating and grudging respect. Your team owns us for so dang long. We are the darn little brother.

Well, one of the frustrating things this year is Tennessee seems to have had themselves a strong draft so far.  I could see all of the picks from the first two days starting for them.

(05-01-2021, 08:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 06:16 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Your not kidding. Honestly it is darn frustrating and grudging respect. Your team owns us for so dang long. We are the darn little brother.

Well, one of the frustrating things this year is Tennessee seems to have had themselves a strong draft so far.  I could see all of the picks from the first two days starting for them.

I’m not sure I feel the same way, but that’s why I’m a fan and not a gm. I like the players we drafted well enough, I’m just not sure it’s the right direction to go.

I’ve seen your board criticizing the Jags’ picks. I’m seeing the same exact complaints on the Titans board. Jon Robinson was hired as a general manager and he made our team respectable from a dumpster fire in one offseason. He’s made decision after decision that us Titans fans don’t understand, but he continues to make us fans look stupid. Make sure you give Jags’ FO a chance to make you look stupid.

(05-02-2021, 08:54 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Well, one of the frustrating things this year is Tennessee seems to have had themselves a strong draft so far.  I could see all of the picks from the first two days starting for them.

I’m not sure I feel the same way, but that’s why I’m a fan and not a gm. I like the players we drafted well enough, I’m just not sure it’s the right direction to go.

I’ve seen your board criticizing the Jags’ picks. I’m seeing the same exact complaints on the Titans board. Jon Robinson was hired as a general manager and he made our team respectable from a dumpster fire in one offseason. He’s made decision after decision that us Titans fans don’t understand, but he continues to make us fans look stupid. Make sure you give Jags’ FO a chance to make you look stupid.

I thought TN top 5 picks were outstanding.  I think Farley might be your Ramsey.  Seems you stole the Colts LT candidate in two.  I think picking him was wise because he can play RT and eventually you can trade Lewan for something nice.  I think Lewan is overrated.  Ngouke used to eat his lunch.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(05-02-2021, 08:54 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Well, one of the frustrating things this year is Tennessee seems to have had themselves a strong draft so far.  I could see all of the picks from the first two days starting for them.

In what direction should the Titans have gone?  The secondary fell off last year, so I know on some level DB needed to be addressed.  Do you think you should have gone Newsome instead of the medical risk Farley, or have drafted other positions entirely?

As for us criticizing this draft, I hope he proves all of us critics spectacularly wrong on every controversial pick after Trevor Lawrence.

I still don’t feel right about the DLine. Marginally OK with the OLine.

(05-02-2021, 10:03 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: I still don’t feel right about the DLine. Marginally OK with the OLine.
So not enough size on the D-Line?

Not a fan of Radunz?  Radunz doesn't strike me as a Runyan type power RT.