Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Verdict?
Guilty
Not Guilty
Corn
[Show Results]

Chauvin verdict is in...

What do you think it’s going to be?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd guess guilty of the lesser of the three charges but you never know.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Whatever the verdict is, it’s going to be ugly.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I voted for corn because the verdict doesn't matter.. Everyones mind is already set, guilty or not.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 04:56 PM by mal234.)

I hope he's guilty. (At least on something). But I'm not sure about that. Some people have brought up that it's a relatively quick decision which could indicate a guilty verdict. But others have also pointed out cases like Casey Anthony and OJ which had quick verdicts that resulted in non guilty verdicts.

If he's not guilty on at least something, that will definitely create a lot of turmoil. I don't think there will really be much in the way of rioting if he's found guilty on all charges. There will be some people upset about it, but I don't see too many sticking their neck out to get hurt /risking their lives/livelihoods for Derek Chauvin. Even if they think he should walk free.

If he's found guilty but not on all the charges, there could be some strife, though not as much if he's found not guilty on everything. And while people may be upset he's not convicted on everything there may be some relief among some that at least he was found guilty of something. And that at least some justice was served regarding what he did to George Floyd. There may end up being more people that will share that sentiment than people might think. Especially since people have been very disappointed/angered with verdicts in cases the past few years. Like the Trayvon Martin case, Casey Anthony, etc...

The verdict was quick which usually means guilty.

He is not guilty, but the mob has to be fed. Regardless, this case will be appealed and overturned due to Waters and Biden being what they are, IDIOTS. Truly, I am sick and tired of all of this. I am sick of race baiting democrats and I am sick of being called a racist just because I have white skin. It makes me want to punch someone, hard.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 05:06 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(04-20-2021, 05:04 PM)Ronster Wrote: He is not guilty, but the mob has to be fed. Regardless, this case will be appealed and overturned due to Waters and Biden being what they are, IDIOTS. Truly, I am sick and tired of all of this. I am sick of race baiting democrats and I am sick of being called a racist just because I have white skin. It makes me want to punch someone, hard.

Things out in the real world subburbs really aren't as bad as the MSM makes them seem. I was just throwing the football with my African American neighbor yesterday.

(04-20-2021, 04:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The verdict was quick which usually means guilty.

I think that is correct.

https://youtu.be/O-MgnXn3qKw

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, [BLEEP] off and die

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 05:10 PM by mal234.)

https://twitter.com/OmarJimenez/status/1...6960154637

I'm glad he's found guilty. His defense didn't do him any favors either. I thought they were awful, the weird analogies they gave in their closing remarks, how they kept showing him pressing his knee into George's neck killing him as some sort of defense. They did not help his case at all.

Celebration rioting will go on as scheduled.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Who the hell wants to go into law enforcement anymore?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 05:15 PM by TJBender.)

(04-20-2021, 05:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who the hell wants to go into law enforcement anymore?

If someone shies away from a career in law enforcement because they don't want to be convicted of murder after murdering someone, they're probably better suited to flipping burgers anyway.

(04-20-2021, 05:14 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 05:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who the hell wants to go into law enforcement anymore?

If someone shies away from a career in law enforcement because they don't want to be convicted of murder after murdering someone, they're probably better suited to flipping burgers anyway.

Or have frozen cans of soda and molotov cocktails thrown at you?

One demon killed another demon.. I'm sure Chauvin will see Floyd in hell and they can have a conversation about it all.

Floyd was a drug addicted criminal. I have no sympathy for him. The optics of Chauvin on his back are what did him in, correct or not. Regardless, the case will be overturn if there is any such thing as justice. If not, there should be no peace. If I were a cop, I WOULD QUIT and tell these leftist d-bags to figure it out themselves.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 05:37 PM by p_rushing.)

(04-20-2021, 05:10 PM)mal234 Wrote: https://twitter.com/OmarJimenez/status/1...6960154637

I'm glad he's found guilty. His defense didn't do him any favors either. I thought they were awful, the weird analogies they gave in their closing remarks, how they kept showing him pressing his knee into George's neck killing him as some sort of defense. They did not help his case at all.

And yet it was shown that it was on his back, had no injuries to his neck, windpipe, etc. He followed procedure for the cops.

I get he wasn't a great cop but he didn't contribute to his death. Floyd was dead when he took all the drugs and got himself out of the cop car, that caused him to start crashing.

People don't care about facts any more, a lot of juries are making decisions on how they feel and how they feel about the law and sentences. I've been on one that wanted to find a woman beater not guilty because the woman was also terrible and he shouldn't be put away for a decade.

Oh, and did anyone really think that that jury no matter what the evidence was, was going to come back with ANYTHING other than a guilty verdict? THEY KNOW that their identities would have been released and then themselves would have become targets. No, THIS COUNTRY IS DEAD our SYSTEM IS BROKEN. Buy a gun and then hide them, YOU ARE GOING TO NEED THEM