Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Verdict?
Guilty
Not Guilty
Corn
[Show Results]

Chauvin verdict is in...

Gutfeld just said he is glad he was found guilty even if he wasn't, just so they wouldn't riot, lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2021, 05:37 PM)Ronster Wrote: Oh, and did anyone really think that that jury no  matter what the evidence was, was going to come back with ANYTHING other than a guilty verdict? THEY KNOW that their identities would have been released and then themselves would have become targets. No, THIS COUNTRY IS DEAD our SYSTEM IS BROKEN. Buy a gun and then hide them, YOU ARE GOING TO NEED THEM

They were already on the honor system, their identities were already released during the trial. I would have said no way to that. I don't think anyone would give a not guilty verdict as they would need lifetime protection.

(04-20-2021, 05:41 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 05:37 PM)Ronster Wrote: Oh, and did anyone really think that that jury no  matter what the evidence was, was going to come back with ANYTHING other than a guilty verdict? THEY KNOW that their identities would have been released and then themselves would have become targets. No, THIS COUNTRY IS DEAD our SYSTEM IS BROKEN. Buy a gun and then hide them, YOU ARE GOING TO NEED THEM

They were already on the honor system, their identities were already released during the trial. I would have said no way to that. I don't think anyone would give a not guilty verdict as they would need lifetime protection.

But technically no juror should have known the public sentiment of this case, correct?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 05:50 PM by mal234.)

(04-20-2021, 05:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who the hell wants to go into law enforcement anymore?

It's a career that definitely has it's risks, and people like Derek Chauvin make it harder for the cops that really do try and do their jobs/do the right thing, when it comes to enforcing the law. And those who really want to look out for citizens/communities.

All cops are not bad people, a lot of them probably aren't. Two of my older brothers have been involved law enforcement in various ways for 20+years. One was a juvenile probation officer, then a parole officer and now works with parolees in the military. The other is a higher ranking officer in a large city, has also ran for Sheriff and is now up for a US Marshall position. They've both have had extensive experience with law enforcement and have seen a lot of things.

It definitely can be stressful but it can also have its rewards. But people can sink in that field quickly if they try and act more like the Derek Chauvins of the world. That type of behavior is not going to end well especially in today's climate where tensions, including racial tensions are at a high. People like that don't even need to be on the police force and if they act out of line, they need to be held accountable by other officers, before things escalate completely out of control like it did in this situation.

(04-20-2021, 05:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 05:41 PM)p_rushing Wrote: They were already on the honor system, their identities were already released during the trial. I would have said no way to that. I don't think anyone would give a not guilty verdict as they would need lifetime protection.

But technically no juror should have known the public sentiment of this case, correct?

Technically they were not supposed to watch the news about the case. A family member saying hey CBS just doxxed you isn't about the case.

The sentiment shouldn't matter but that's all that matters now. It's all about feelings.

The jury got the case and went to the jury room and said, you all want to go home and live? YA? GUILTY... lets go..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(04-20-2021, 05:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Gutfeld just said he is glad he was found guilty even if he wasn't, just so they wouldn't riot, lol.

Honestly,  I'm glad this is over with and that the world doesn't get burnt to the ground...but George Floyd Square? 

Lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-20-2021, 05:50 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 05:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Gutfeld just said he is glad he was found guilty even if he wasn't, just so they wouldn't riot, lol.

Honestly,  I'm glad this is over with and that the world doesn't get burnt to the ground...but George Floyd Square? 

Lol

Way to turn a career criminal into a martyr, eh?

Haha
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-20-2021, 05:50 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

Lol

This won't make the mob go away. We don't even know they won't burn the city down tonight.

(04-20-2021, 05:44 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 05:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who the hell wants to go into law enforcement anymore?

It's a career that definitely has it's risks, and people like Derek Chauvin make it harder for the cops that really do try and do their jobs/do the right thing, when it comes to enforcing the law. And those who really want to look out for citizens/communities.

All cops are not bad people, a lot of them probably aren't. Two of my older brothers have been involved law enforcement in various ways for 20+years. One was a juvenile probation officer, then a parole officer and now works with parolees in the military. The other is a higher ranking officer in a large city, has also ran for Sheriff and is now up for a US Marshall position. They've both have had extensive experience with law enforcement and have seen a lot of things.

It definitely can be stressful but it can also have it's awards. But people can sink in that field quickly if they try and act more like the Derek Chauvins of the world. That type of behavior is not going to end well especially in today's climate where tensions, including racial tensions are at a high. People like that don't even need to be on the police report and if they act out of line, they need to be held accountable by other officers, before things escalate completely out of control like it did in this situation.

A cop cannot do right. Why did it escalate out of control? Because the responding officers tried to treat Floyd like a human and made special arraignments to keep him comfortable. He then continued to resist them after getting himself out of the vehicle. He acted like a drug user, criminal and kept fighting.

Look, this cop has been on the job too long and is beat down having to deal with criminals who try to take advantage of everything you give them. He already knows Floyd got out of a vehicle while handcuffed. Now he is on the ground saying he can't breathe while still moving. If he let's him up, he takes off running in the street, gets hit by a car, endangers other people, etc. Then the cop is blamed for that. You can't trust a criminal and you can't treat them like a normal law abiding person. It's a no win situation because if you give an inch, they take a mile. They should have just thrown him in the vehicle and been done with it.

(04-20-2021, 05:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 05:50 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Honestly,  I'm glad this is over with and that the world doesn't get burnt to the ground...but George Floyd Square? 

Lol

This won't make the mob go away. We don't even know they won't burn the city down tonight.

https://youtu.be/A_sY2rjxq6M

What a sham. I expected the man slaughter charge, but I can't even understand how they convicted him on 3rd degree murder. Kangaroo courts.

Why is the president speaking on this?

(04-20-2021, 06:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why is the  president speaking on this?

He doesn't speak..

He just picks a random thought from a distant era and verbally trails off into the sunset, like an old senile cowboy. 

Biden and CornPop, showdown at the OK Corral..

I'm disappointed with the verdict, but the justice system did it's job.  I always thought that at most he was guilty of manslaughter.  I don't think that Officer Chauvin intended to kill Floyd.  I do think that he [BLEEP] up by not getting medical personnel involved.

With that being said, I didn't watch the trial and didn't see all of the evidence presented.  I, just like most sane people accept the verdict.

I'm certainly sure that the appeal process is going to be in the news.  It's going to be a weak argument, but one that must be considered if our system of justice is to be trusted.  An open threat by a sitting member of Congress does have the potential of "intimidating a jury", especially since they were not sequestered and most likely saw the news.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

That's because Gutfeld knows he's guilty.  Otherwise, if you think someone is innocent, there is no way anyone wants to see an innocent man be sentenced to a max 45 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.  As such, Gutfeld is ok with the verdict because he knows Chauvin deserves prison time.

(04-20-2021, 06:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why is the  president speaking on this?

Especially considering he was the champion of the 1994 crime bill?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-20-2021, 06:17 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

That's because Gutfeld knows he's guilty.  Otherwise, if you think someone is innocent, there is no way anyone wants to see an innocent man be sentenced to a max 45 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.  As such, Gutfeld is ok with the verdict because he knows Chauvin deserves prison time.

Not really.  Some people were ready to start rioting and burning things if the verdict didn't go their way.  Imagine if your local Publix, WalMart (or wherever you shop) gets looted and burned.  You then have to go to say the North side or West side of town to do your shopping.  Don't tell me that it's safe.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 06:37 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Pelosi....good Lord...term limits please.

We don't need term limits. I've thought of a better idea. We need a vote of confidence before someone can run again.