Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFN 4 Round mock

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-...son-april/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2021, 08:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-...son-april/

I wouldn't be mad if that is how the draft ended up.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

That's an okay Draft, though I'm not big on Leatherwood.

Don't think Kyle Trask falls out of the first, though.

(04-21-2021, 10:16 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: That's an okay Draft, though I'm not big on Leatherwood.

Don't think Kyle Trask falls out of the first, though.

Yeah to me Leatherwood is meh.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2021, 11:06 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think Leatherwood has a lower floor but also one of the highest ceilings out of all the tackles

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2021, 12:36 PM by Upper.)

I really wish Leatherwood did the SS and 3 cone. The rest of his testing was superlative, but those are the most important two. His film showed that he is probably lacking in the lateral quickness so it would make sense that he would skip them after having good jumps. I don't love him, but I definitely like him more than I did Cam. I wouldn't be terribly upset if we drafted him at 33 with the open mind to move him to guard if/when he fails at LT...unlike what the team has been willing to with Cam thus far.

(04-21-2021, 12:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I really wish Leatherwood did the SS and 3 cone. The rest of his testing was superlative, but those are the most important two. His film showed that he is probably lacking in the lateral quickness so it would make sense that he would skip them after having good jumps. I don't love him, but I definitely like him more than I did Cam. I wouldn't be terribly upset if we drafted him at 33 with the open mind to move him to guard if/when he fails at LT...unlike what the team has been willing to with Cam thus far.
I wouldn't mind Leatherwood as long as we also drafted a true L/RT as well.

(04-21-2021, 12:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 12:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I really wish Leatherwood did the SS and 3 cone. The rest of his testing was superlative, but those are the most important two. His film showed that he is probably lacking in the lateral quickness so it would make sense that he would skip them after having good jumps. I don't love him, but I definitely like him more than I did Cam. I wouldn't be terribly upset if we drafted him at 33 with the open mind to move him to guard if/when he fails at LT...unlike what the team has been willing to with Cam thus far.
I wouldn't mind Leatherwood as long as we also drafted a true L/RT as well.

You dont think Leatherwood is a true tackle?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2021, 01:46 PM by Upper.)

(04-21-2021, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont think Leatherwood is a true tackle?

I don't think we know enough since we don't have the SS and 3 cone numbers. He has the same oversetting and jump setting issues that Robinson/Wirfs/so many others have on tape. Usually that means that they are not athletic enough to cover the edge and they are overcompensating by using those techniques.

Rarely, as was obviously the case with Wirfs, it's just that they don't have the fundamentals down and once the NFL teaches them they will be fine. Knowing his agility drill numbers would greatly help with that. As of now, I'd draft him and try to play him at tackle but would not hesitate to move him to guard once he proved one way or another that his feet were adequate.

I think he is definitely my toughest projection right now.

(04-21-2021, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 12:51 PM)Dimson Wrote: I wouldn't mind Leatherwood as long as we also drafted a true L/RT as well.

You dont think Leatherwood is a true tackle?

No. He was dominated all week at the Senior Bowl. He's another Cam Robinson clone.

(04-21-2021, 03:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont think Leatherwood is a true tackle?

No. He was dominated all week at the Senior Bowl. He's another Cam Robinson clone.

You always bring up the Senior Bowl on how you evaluate players lol.  What about the last few full seasons of him as a starter?  He was pretty dominant in almost every Alabama game I watched and I see a number of Alabama games every year, it's rare when he got beat and he is a good run blocker.  Won the Outland trophy and the Joacobs blocking trophy.  He isn't my favorite tackle in the draft but if we could get him atnsay 45 it would be a great pick

(04-21-2021, 07:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 03:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. He was dominated all week at the Senior Bowl. He's another Cam Robinson clone.

You always bring up the Senior Bowl on how you evaluate players lol.  What about the last few full seasons of him as a starter?  He was pretty dominant in almost every Alabama game I watched and I see a number of Alabama games every year, it's rare when he got beat and he is a good run blocker.  Won the Outland trophy and the Joacobs blocking trophy.  He isn't my favorite tackle in the draft but if we could get him atnsay 45 it would be a great pick

I remember people saying the same thing about Cam Robinson. They are one in the same. They rely on strength and are both slow out of their stance and have slow feet. Leatherwood needs to be moved inside to OG.