Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Pleasures Thread

Figured I would add some yang to the yin we've been sharing.

Got my second shot yesterday, feeling well, and first email I got today was a teleconference being cancelled.

Gonna be a good day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Got my second shot about an hour ago. Hoping for the best.

Anyway, I saw a chick in Home Depot yesterday that was so enhanced she could have been a walking endorsement for DuPont. I have no idea what color her hair was.

The comforting warmth of the sun’s rays cascading down my back on an otherwise chilly late April morning, while the intoxicating scents of freshly cut grass and winters last few remaining leaves getting mulched and pulverized filling my nostrils. Listening to relaxing music while the hum of a mower provides peaceful and soothing background bass.

Until I turn around for the next swipe and can’t see [BLEEP] for the low angle of the sun. The wind is blowing dried grass and dust in my face and I can’t breath. I’ll take the good with the bad.

(04-22-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Got my second shot about an hour ago. Hoping for the best.

Anyway, I saw a chick in Home Depot yesterday that was so enhanced she could have been a walking endorsement for DuPont. I have no idea what color her hair was.

You had my attention at "so enhanced", but I assumed we were talking about a different anatomical region. 

Got my second (Pfizer) last Tuesday.  No adverse effects.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-22-2021, 12:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Got my second shot about an hour ago. Hoping for the best.

You had my attention at "so enhanced", but I assumed we were talking about a different anatomical region. 

We’re thinking of the same region. I was alluding to DuPont silicone.

(04-22-2021, 10:03 AM)Jags Wrote: The comforting warmth of the sun’s rays cascading down my back on an otherwise chilly late April morning, while the intoxicating scents of freshly cut grass and winters last few remaining leaves getting mulched and pulverized filling my nostrils.  Listening to relaxing music while the hum of a mower provides peaceful and soothing background bass.  

Until I turn around for the next swipe and can’t see [BLEEP] for the low angle of the sun.  The wind is blowing dried grass and dust in my face and I can’t breath.  I’ll take the good with the bad.

Many vines have been given a haircut due to this.

Coffee.

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t garnered any more attention. Perhaps I can help.

Sitting at home all day playing Xbox in my underwear and finding a Cheetoh hiding in your belly button. Mmm. Tasty! Hitting paydirt on an off day!

That didn’t actually happen to me. But that would’ve been my first reply/thought to the op. Figured I’d give him time and respect him and his thread. Seriously people? Y’all don’t have those “little things” that make you happy? Spill the beans! It’s the little things in our days that provide happiness and excitement. The big things will always be there for tomorrow.

My job should suck. I didn’t get the memo. The morning sun felt great on a chilly morning. I bought a breakfast sammich at the gas station and I don’t normally do that. It was actually “not terrible”. Made me feel somewhere between eh/ok to satisfied “. Was an uplifting and fulfilling part of my day. Seeing a smile on my child’s face, my dog getting excited that I’m finally home from work, my wife( I just clicked new reply and doesn’t allow me to cross that out, so I’ll continue) warm shower after work or something I’ve recently experienced again was a warm and relaxing shower in the morning. Putting your undies on and realizing you didn’t have to because you already had pants on and finding out you’re a super hero. The happiness is there guys. Wake up and find it. I know work and life in general can hide it. It’s there. Go get it, get some!!

(04-22-2021, 04:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 12:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You had my attention at "so enhanced", but I assumed we were talking about a different anatomical region. 

We’re thinking of the same region. I was alluding to DuPont silicone.

I do love discovering my objects that defy the known laws of physics.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 08:49 PM by Jags.)

(04-22-2021, 08:29 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 04:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We’re thinking of the same region. I was alluding to DuPont silicone.

I do love discovering my objects that defy the known laws of physics.

Another physics lesson Marty!   

In before he tells us about the repercussions and ramifications artificial ooh-ooh bees can have while following too close.  I mean, I suppose you can poke your eye out on them or something.  I’m not even sure if that’s a bad thing or not.

(04-22-2021, 04:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Coffee.

Me, too.  I get up in the morning, have a great cup of coffee, and I think, why can't I feel like this all the time?

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 06:33 AM by The Real Marty.)

I had an absolutely great time playing golf with 3 of my friends yesterday.  What a beautiful day, the kind of day when you can't decide whether to wear long pants or short pants, sweater or short sleeves.  A sunny day, on a really nice golf course with fairways so wide you can stand on the tee and whale away with no fear of losing your golf ball.  I didn't lose a single golf ball.  

After the round, cheeseburgers and beer.   Cheeseburgers are my favorite food in the world.  Sitting outside, looking at a beautiful golf course as we ate our cheeseburgers and drank our beer, we sat there and talked politics, and no one got mad, even though we were very diverse politically.  

And on a day like that, with that weather, and on that golf course, with cheeseburgers and beer afterward, and great conversation, why would anyone want to be any place on earth other than right there?

What exactly is a trivial pleasure?

Is it like a guilty pleasure, because I know we have a thread for it here.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-23-2021, 08:43 AM)RicoTx Wrote: What exactly is a trivial pleasure?

Well, obviously, "trivial" and "guilty" are not synonyms.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 09:44 AM by WingerDinger.)

Speaking of coffee, I can take it one step further.. I have 2 kinds of coffee that I drink. Weekday coffee and weekend coffee.

Weekday coffee consists of the run of the mill Maxwell House and Folgers brands, sometimes Columbia Roast, sometimes French Roast..

But then there's the weekend coffees.. That's where my wife likes to make the more gourmet coffees. Godiva and Ghirardelli are my personal favorites..

She bought a couple of bags of Kahlua Mocha Ground Coffee.. It's a must try. Pretty awesome stuff..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-23-2021, 09:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Well, obviously, "trivial" and "guilty" are not synonyms.

Doesn't answer my question...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I consider it something minor, inconsequential that brought a smile to your face.

Like the weird noise the cat makes when she stretches is a trivial pleasure, not a guilty one. Eating ice cream straight from the carton is a guilty pleasure.

or, you could have just read the OP?   Tongue

(04-23-2021, 06:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 04:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Coffee.

Me, too.  I get up in the morning, have a great cup of coffee, and I think, why can't I feel like this all the time?

Truth man. It is the best feeling.

Yeah, I feel trivial pleasures are the “little” things vs the ice cream and alcohol for the “guilty” ones.

So, having said that, buying an AR. Just bout one. A buddy of mine and former employee built one. Mine now! Woohoo

(04-24-2021, 08:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Yeah, I feel trivial pleasures are the “little” things vs the ice cream and alcohol for the “guilty” ones.

So, having said that, buying an AR.   Just bout one. A buddy of mine and former employee built one.  Mine now! Woohoo

What's an AR?