Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: If the team moves up, what range do you feel they will land in?
Top 5
Top 10
Top 15
Top 20
[Show Results]

Regarding pick 25

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 08:05 AM by Mikey.)

(04-22-2021, 04:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 04:10 PM)Mikey Wrote: No way in poop they try to jump that high.

I'm thinking the jump will be in the 18-20 range for an OT, either Darrisaw, Jenkins or Eichenburg if they are dead set on getting a tackle.

ahahahahahahah ain't no way that is enough for ATL to take that deal. or if they do, the GM is likely fired before the end of April.
I seriously doubt we would of tagged Cam if we wanted to trade up for a tackle.

I seriously doubt we would of [sic] tagged Cam if we thought he was the future of the position.

In the other thread, debate has been over the room v. Urban in terms of need v. value. If someone like Darrisaw slips to 18, the value may present itself. Remember we darfted Joeckel while we still had Monroe under contract. The darft is never about today. If you make it about today, it will bite you in the pants two years from now.

I am not advocating a trade up for anyone. The question was who do you think they would jump for?  In all honesty, the most plausible (while not necessarily wise) jump might be to grab Barmore, if they think he is head and shoulders above the rest of the DT class, and they suspect someone in the second half of the darft is going to grab him. Again, I don't advocate the jump, but it's one I could see them making.

(04-22-2021, 06:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 10:13 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: They did give the parameters, it was 1.25, 2.33, and 3.65 for 1.4.

I am positive that wouldn’t be enough though.

I missed that. There's no way that would do it though. It would cost us another high draft pick. Probably a 2022 first rounder.

(04-22-2021, 04:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I seriously doubt we would of tagged Cam if we wanted to trade up for a tackle.

We tagged Cam for one reason, desperation. The free agent LT market was thin and the top LT's in the draft (Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw) will be long gone by the time we pick. There is no way any reasonable person would have tagged him based upon his past performance. It was completely out of desperation.

I think you mean "would of tagged him" Big Grin 

I agree completely, it was a (relatively) affordable way to avoid a green QB starting with a green OT blocking his blindside, whether that was a rookie or an FA tackle.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-22-2021, 07:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 08:44 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I have this feeling the Jaguars are going to push hard to trade up from 25. Will it happen? Who knows. But in the case that it was possible, where would you feel the team moves up to and who would they take?

I would guess they attempt to move up to 4 to take OT Sewell. Hopping over the Bengals at 5 who could really use him for Burrow.

Can people imagine the complete mental breakdown on this board by Gator fans if the Jaguars traded up to the #4 spot and they picked Sewell over Pitts!?!?!  Laughing 

However, trading up that high simply isn't happening.  If we were to trade up, the most logical spot is in the 18-20 range for an offensive tackle.  Maybe Darrisaw drops or the Jaguars are in love with one of the other options.  The Colts at #21 and the Steelers at #24 will very likely take an offensive tackle if there's still a good one the board.  That being said, I don't think we trade up.  I don't think Meyer is targeting an offensive tackle early.  I think we stay put at #25 and take some other position.

@careful, flgator gonna gitcha for that take.@

also, the schadenfreude over that handwringing would be so delicious it would induce weight gain.

We shouldn't trade away premium draft picks within the first three rounds for one player. Simply maintain the draft position and select a DT, LB or SS. We need all the talent that we can draft.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-23-2021, 08:01 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 04:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I seriously doubt we would of tagged Cam if we wanted to trade up for a tackle.

I seriously doubt we would of [sic] tagged Cam if we thought he was the future of the position.

In the other thread, debate has been over the room v. Urban in terms of need v. value. If someone like Darrisaw slips to 18, the value may present itself. Remember we darfted Joeckel while we still had Monroe under contract. The darft is never about today. If you make it about today, it will bite you in the pants two years from now.

I am not advocating a trade up for anyone. The question was who do you think they would jump for?  In all honesty, the most plausible (while not necessarily wise) jump might be to grab Barmore, if they think he is head and shoulders above the rest of the DT class, and they suspect someone in the second half of the darft is going to grab him. Again, I don't advocate the jump, but it's one I could see them making.

(04-22-2021, 06:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I missed that. There's no way that would do it though. It would cost us another high draft pick. Probably a 2022 first rounder.

We tagged Cam for one reason, desperation. The free agent LT market was thin and the top LT's in the draft (Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw) will be long gone by the time we pick. There is no way any reasonable person would have tagged him based upon his past performance. It was completely out of desperation.

I think you mean "would of tagged him" Big Grin 

I agree completely, it was a (relatively) affordable way to avoid a green QB starting with a green OT blocking his blindside, whether that was a rookie or an FA tackle.

I don't think they know if Cam is the future LT which is why he got tagged.  It depends on his play this year.  It's one of the reasons I love the franchise tag.  It depends on how high they have Darrisaw on their board.  Daniel Jeremiah has Darrisaw as his 36th best player.  I like Darrisaw better than that but I haven't done a bigboard and if I did id probably have him around 20 or so.   If I got to pick between Barmore or Darrisaw though I'd take Barmore, I lile him more than most, we seen what he can do when he turns it on like he did in the playoff.  If we take a LT I honestly hope is Brady Christensen in the 3rd or 4th which I feel would be great value

This draft is deep at several positions of need.  With all the holes on this team, we need every draft pick.  There is no reason we can't address pass rusher, OT, TE with picks in the first 3 rounds.  Barmore with pick 25 and Leatherwood with 33 is a possible scenario.  With UM emphasizing speed and athleticism, someone like Samuel Cosmi might fit the bill better than any other OT.

(04-23-2021, 08:07 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 07:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Can people imagine the complete mental breakdown on this board by Gator fans if the Jaguars traded up to the #4 spot and they picked Sewell over Pitts!?!?!  Laughing 

However, trading up that high simply isn't happening.  If we were to trade up, the most logical spot is in the 18-20 range for an offensive tackle.  Maybe Darrisaw drops or the Jaguars are in love with one of the other options.  The Colts at #21 and the Steelers at #24 will very likely take an offensive tackle if there's still a good one the board.  That being said, I don't think we trade up.  I don't think Meyer is targeting an offensive tackle early.  I think we stay put at #25 and take some other position.

@careful, flgator gonna gitcha for that take.@

also, the schadenfreude over that handwringing would be so delicious it would induce weight gain.

Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-22-2021, 08:44 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I have this feeling the Jaguars are going to push hard to trade up from 25. Will it happen? Who knows. But in the case that it was possible, where would you feel the team moves up to and who would they take?

I would guess they attempt to move up to 4 to take OT Sewell. Hopping over the Bengals at 5 who could really use him for Burrow.

Top 5 has 0 votes.  So, you didn't even vote for your guess as noted above?

(04-22-2021, 04:10 PM)Mikey Wrote:

No way in poop they try to jump that high.

I'm thinking the jump will be in the 18-20 range for an OT, either Darrisaw, Jenkins or Eichenburg if they are dead set on getting a tackle.

(04-22-2021, 09:59 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Funny you say that. Drafttek just posted a mock with the Jags taking Lawrence and then turning around and trading up to 1.4 for Sewell.

https://www.drafttek.com/m/2021-NFL-Mock...Round1.asp

Quote:Jaguars trade #25, #33 and #65 to Falcons in exchange for #4.
ahahahahahahah ain't no way that is enough for ATL to take that deal. or if they do, the GM is likely fired before the end of April.

The ATL GM would be fired before the end of the 1st round.  This only shows how clueless the people are at that website.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sure, maybe if we don't want to select players in the first round in the next few years
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

By comparison, the 49ers traded up from the 12th overall pick to the third overall in a deal with the Miami Dolphins ------ Miami receives the 12th overall selection from San Francisco, a third-round pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023

(04-25-2021, 10:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Top 5 has 0 votes.  So, you didn't even vote for your guess as noted above?

Was busy. I did now. 

I would prefer staying put unless a good value is there that can't be passed up. This thread is only a hypothetical situation. If the team was certain to trade up, how high would they go and who would they take in that projected spot? My guess seems a bit outrageous to most. Understandable. Who trades up that high for an OT? Most cases it's a QB. I'm building my guess around the possibility the team will go offensive heavy in this draft to put Trevor Lawrence in the best situation to succeed early on. If teams are really high on Sewell to go in the top 5, the biggest threat to take him would be the Bengals at 5. Any team looking to grab Sewell for their QB would have to take the #4 spot.

(04-25-2021, 02:30 PM)Jagulars Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 10:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Top 5 has 0 votes.  So, you didn't even vote for your guess as noted above?

Was busy. I did now. 

I would prefer staying put unless a good value is there that can't be passed up. This thread is only a hypothetical situation. If the team was certain to trade up, how high would they go and who would they take in that projected spot? My guess seems a bit outrageous to most. Understandable. Who trades up that high for an OT? Most cases it's a QB. I'm building my guess around the possibility the team will go offensive heavy in this draft to put Trevor Lawrence in the best situation to succeed early on. If teams are really high on Sewell to go in the top 5, the biggest threat to take him would be the Bengals at 5. Any team looking to grab Sewell for their QB would have to take the #4 spot.

This is the crux of the argument.

There is not one person on this board who would deny that Sewell is a fantastic OL prospect.  Nor is there anyone here who would want to shoot their TV if the Jags somehow drafted him after we got TLaw. But, in order to get him, we are going to have to mortgage everything for the foreseeable future to get there, and that will kill a franchise. That goofy website said that 25, 33 and 65 would get us there, but that is bunk. We would probably have to offer that and our firsts in 2022 and 2023, and that still might not be nearly enough to get to 4. Are three first rounders and the bulk of this darft good value for one player? No.

If you are looking for value, I think the highest we'll jump is no more than ten spots, likely in the late teens. At that, the person who is available would have to be not only someone we are enamored with, but also someone that the other team making the trade decides they do not want, need, or that our offer outweighs the gain in drafting that dude themselves. We'll likely have to overpay for a headliner if we are looking to jump up, especially if it is a big jump. I think we're too far from a realistic expectation of the postseason to have that level of desperation yet. In a few years, we may look to strike while TLaw is still on his rookie deal.

This season, though, I can't see anything more than jumping a few spots in the order to sneak in before a positional run is expected. We can't afford to mortgage the future, yet.