Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown

(04-23-2021, 11:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 10:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I am somewhat surprised to read this from you.

No, your dislike of Taylor is not new.  Neither is your dislike for Warhop.

But your statement of Cam Robinson seems complete resignation.

Basically it comes down to several factors. I still hate Cam Robinson. I hate Jawaan Taylor even worse though. I would love to get rid of both, but that just isn't happening. I also don't think where we are picking, we will have a good chance to find what I consider a good option at LT. We're not in a position to get get Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw and even if someone like Liam Eichenberg fell to us, I don't think this front office is smart enough to select him. Instead, I think we're gonna select someone in the 3rd or 4th round area that I'm not gonna like at all and who will not work out at LT, so IMO, our best chance to improve the OT position is to replace Taylor. He is our weakest link and RT's are much more easy to find than LT's. I truly believe we may even draft a OG type like Alex Leatherwood or Jackson Carman and try them at LT, where the will fail miserably. One way or another, at least one new starting OT must be drafted and given what I have been hearing and how I see the board falling, I just think RT is the best we're gonna do and that is being optimistic. I just think Warhop has Meyer completely snowed into thinking we have good OT's despite all the information saying otherwise. Therefore, I believe OT will not be much of a priority and we'll end up with some scrub. I honestly think if Meyer had fired Warhop like many of us had prayed for, a competent O-Line coach would've shown him how much of a true need OT is.

There have been some troubling statements coming from the FO this offseason.  Granted, this may be me the hopeful fan talking here, but I've not given up hope we'll see possible upgrades along the OL.

First, in "The Hunt" video, they at least stated they would like to bring in competition along the OL.  If nothing else, we should have improved depth.  But Baalke's history shows he was willing to bring in OL early while in SF.  Furthermore, if they are true to their word they will let the board dictate who they take, we don't know how their board is situated.  Finally, the offseason is all about smoke.  While franchising Cam Robinson would be a very expensive smoke screen, it's entirely possible they have deliberately overstated their enthusiasm for the OL.

I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel on them improving the OL.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Bullseye - 04-23-2021, 04:00 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Upper - 04-23-2021, 04:30 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Cleatwood - 04-23-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Ordar - 04-23-2021, 05:02 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Bullseye - 04-23-2021, 06:20 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by jaguarmvp - 04-23-2021, 05:34 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Ordar - 04-23-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Bullseye - 04-23-2021, 07:57 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Bullseye - 04-23-2021, 10:13 PM
RE: Chiefs trade for Orlando Brown - by Bullseye - 04-23-2021, 11:31 PM