Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter King's Mock Draft

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2021, 02:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

I rather have Barmore or Cosmi but a pass rusher would definitely make sense at 25.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-26-2021, 02:31 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 02:05 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

I rather have Barmore or Cosmi but a pass rusher would definitely make sense at 25.

But a pass rusher with eight games and zero sacks?!?

Potential gets you fired.

(04-26-2021, 02:31 AM)Dimson Wrote:

Take Cosmi and don't look back.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 06:42 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-26-2021, 03:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 02:31 AM)Dimson Wrote: I rather have Barmore or Cosmi but a pass rusher would definitely make sense at 25.

But a pass rusher with eight games and zero sacks?!?

Jason Oweh reminds me of K'Lavon Chaisson in that he would be drafted purely on traits and potential.

Would rather Barmore, Moore, or Cosmi

One of the worst mocks I have seen yet. If we take Oweh at #25, I may punch a hole in the wall! The guy is just like Chaisson, he can't finish. That would be a complete waste of a pick. If the board falls this way, I take the BAP and that is Zaven Collins. He can pass rush, defend the run and he's great in coverage.

The Jaguars are not in the position of taking any player in rounds 1 or 2 based on workout numbers. They need to "hit" on all 5 of their top picks. That doesn't mean they need to draft 5 future pro-bowlers, but at least solid starters they can depend on going forwards. Oweh just isn't worth the risk. In King's mock, Barmore, Cosmi or Moerhig would all be preferable.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 07:39 AM by JNev.)

(04-26-2021, 06:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 03:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But a pass rusher with eight games and zero sacks?!?

Jason Oweh reminds me of K'Lavon Chaisson in that he would be drafted purely on traits and potential.

Chaisson was one of the first things that popped into my head too. Not a fan but if he can get coached up... FWIW he’s #25 on PFF’s Big Board
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-final-202...t-rankings

(04-26-2021, 06:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 03:02 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But a pass rusher with eight games and zero sacks?!?

I dont think hes as good as Chaisson though.  Chaisson was actually damn good in the playoffs last year and towards the end of the season

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 10:37 AM by Upper.)

Oweh is so much better than Chaisson was in college lmao. Stop googling box scores please.

He would be a perfectly good pick at 25. More athletic version of Ansah.

Considering all the trades ahead of us, I was oohing and ahing, noting that every one of them was good for us to walk away with a very good OT.

Then I read 25. Such a letdown.

(04-26-2021, 10:35 AM)Upper Wrote: Oweh is so much better than Chaisson was in college lmao. Stop googling box scores please.

Quit looking at 40 times to determine which edge guy you think is better.  Chaisson was much better than Oweh is.

(04-26-2021, 12:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 10:35 AM)Upper Wrote: Oweh is so much better than Chaisson was in college lmao. Stop googling box scores please.

Quit looking at 40 times to determine which edge guy you think is better.  Chaisson was much better than Oweh is.

I ask you again, who looks at 40 times for EDGE? It's painfully obvious you didn't watch both players if you honestly think Chaisson was better than Oweh.

If we were to go edge rusher under this scenario, I'd prefer Ojulari.

I'd be happy with any of the big 4 EDGE.

(04-26-2021, 12:56 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 12:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Quit looking at 40 times to determine which edge guy you think is better.  Chaisson was much better than Oweh is.

I ask you again, who looks at 40 times for EDGE? It's painfully obvious you didn't watch both players if you honestly think Chaisson was better than Oweh.

Honestly I wish we had passed (will pass) on both of them. Taking these workout warriors can certainly work out, but the floor for these prospects can be rock bottom. There will be plenty of proven players with slightly less athletic ability available.

I won't claim to have watched Oweh's career. Why did he fail to record a single sack this year? Is he truly that raw? Is he being schemed out? I agree stats never tell the full story, but how can you not be concerned with that pitiful stat line?

Oweh was a tight end, he just moved to edge year before this one. So, yes he is raw. That being said he's waaaayyyy more of an athletic freak than K'lavon

(04-26-2021, 03:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If we were to go edge rusher under this scenario, I'd prefer Ojulari.

I LOVE Ojulari. Man doesn’t get enough love around here

Ojulari is the best pure rusher in the draft, but he will be gone way before 25