Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What do you think Rex Ryan could do with our defense?

Quote:Ryan is a bad coach, but he has wayyyyy more accomplishments as a coach than Gus.

Both talk and sound like buffoons, I'll give you that.

As a Defensive Coordinator,  Rex Ryan is highly accomplished.   However,  since Ryan has come to Buffalo as their HC,  the Bills Defense has regressed considerably compared to the 2014 season when Doug Marrone was the HC and Jim Schwartz the DC.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Team strength is Offense. Go get an excellent young offensive minded coach. This will be an attractive position.

Quote: As a Defensive Coordinator, Rex Ryan is highly accomplished. However, since Ryan has come to Buffalo as their HC, the Bills Defense has regressed considerably compared to the 2014 season when Doug Marrone was the HC and Jim Schwartz the DC.

This is true, but didn't the Bills go 8-8 last year? Good lord I would love to see an 8-8 season around here.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Rex Ryan? LOL... I guess this is not a surprise seeing who started the topic

I'd take Rex Ryan as a DC over mr. North Dakota.

Quote:This is true, but didn't the Bills go 8-8 last year? Good lord I would love to see an 8-8 season around here.

The Bills did indeed go 8-8 last season.  Yet,  after Rex Ryan came to Buffalo with talk of playoffs/ high expectations,  the team did a game worse than was the case under the Doug Marrone/ Jim Schwartz combination.    The Bills ranked 4th in NFL Total Defense in 2014.   They dropped to 19th in 2015 under Rex Ryan and co.

Didn't they lose some guys on defense tho.

Quote: The Bills did indeed go 8-8 last season. Yet, after Rex Ryan came to Buffalo with talk of playoffs/ high expectations, the team did a game worse than was the case under the Doug Marrone/ Jim Schwartz combination. The Bills ranked 4th in NFL Total Defense in 2014. They dropped to 19th in 2015 under Rex Ryan and co.

Whoa 19th, that would be by far Uncle Gussy's best performance.

My point is that, while I understand Rex has performed below expectations in Buffalo, he is a much much (much!!!) better coach than Gus and would do a significantly better job with our defense.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Give them a foot massage.

Ouch !!   .... diggin' up a blast from the past --- that's funny !!

Quote:Whoa 19th, that would be by far Uncle Gussy's best performance.

My point is that, while I understand Rex has performed below expectations in Buffalo, he is a much much (much!!!) better coach than Gus and would do a significantly better job with our defense.

I agree. Atleast we would get to run a base defense.

Quote:Didn't they lose some guys on defense tho.

That's been the case this season.  Between injuries, suspension, and cap casualty,  the Bills front 7 has taken major hits.   

But last season,  the Bills had enough of the 2014 Defense intact that the drop off in performance,  especially their pass rush,  doesn't reflect well on Rex Ryan and co. compared to what Jim Schwartz did with the unit in 2014.  

Quote:Whoa 19th, that would be by far Uncle Gussy's best performance.

I certainly respect where you are coming from.   Based on Rex Ryan's overall Defensive history and the Jaguars current struggles on Defense,  it's near impossible to disagree with what you mentioned. 

Rex took the 2014 bills top 5 defense and blew it up. You guys think poz on a slot receiver is bad? Rex dropped mario williams into coverage.

Rex made them a 3-4 and that killed Buffalo that ran the 4-3. Gotta make your scheme to fit the players you have

Quote:Rex took the 2014 bills top 5 defense and blew it up. You guys think poz on a slot receiver is bad? Rex dropped mario williams into coverage.

And here's the reason why...lol.

Who needs DBs when your DE can do this?  :teehee:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:And here's the reason why...lol.

Who needs DBs when your DE can do this?  :teehee:

Andre Branch didn't come close to panning out the way the Jaguars hoped he would.   But that pre-season play was one of the best plays of that entire year.   Matthew Stafford certainly praised Branch for his efforts on that play.    Related to that,  the performances of Jaguars WR Allen Hurns and Lions LB Tahir Whitehead in that game were nothing short of outstanding as well. 

Quote:  Andre Branch didn't come close to panning out the way the Jaguars hoped he would.   But that pre-season play was one of the best plays of that entire year.   Matthew Stafford certainly praised Branch for his efforts on that play.    Related to that,  the performances of Jaguars WR Allen Hurns and Lions LB Tahir Whitehead in that game were nothing short of outstanding as well. 

Sorry, D6.

I always forget that play was against the Lions until I actually watch it. Nevertheless, how easy he made that all look especially for a DE will forever be ingrained in my aging memory. He straight up looked like a safety making that play.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Sorry, D6.

I always forget that play was against the Lions until I actually watch it. Nevertheless, how easy he made that all look especially for a DE will forever be ingrained in my aging memory. He straight up looked like a safety making that play.

That's ok.    As an NFL fan,  I appreciate great play even when it happens against my favorite team.   At least for me,  when I think of Andre Branch as an NFL player,  that play is the first thing that comes to mind.