Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft 3.0 (Hopefully the last one)

(04-27-2021, 10:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 10:32 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Whether they provide pass rush is besides the point.  To me, even though they are first and foremost run defenders, they can win on run downs.  They can occupy blocks to make the LBs more effective.  That is what I look for mostly in a 3-4 DL.  Any pass rush they can offer besides the occasional pocket push is gravy. 

As a general rule, since we are switching to a 3-4, I believe the NT is the key position to fill.  Marcus Brown can play NT, and you and I both believe Hamilton can too.  But I'd rather overdraft that position to ensure we get it right than to neglect the position and not have anyone who can get the job done.  Without the stud NT, the 3-4 is ineffective. 

Hamilton could move to 3-4 DE and still be effective, and can provide more pass rush than one might think.  A double digit sack guy?  Probably not.  But I think he could get in a guy's face and move him off his spot.

I believe Hamilton will have around 5-6 sacks in a full season which would be very good for a 3-4 DE. We already know he is a good run defender based on his small, but effective time as a starter in 2020. 

If you draft a guy like McNeil or Shelvin and you have Brown and Hamilton in the other starting spots, why did we spend so much on Roy Roberston Harris? If he's not a starter, we have $14 million in dead cap money sitting on the bench in 2021 and $10 million in dead cap space in 2022. This is why I was so against hiring Baalke as GM in the first place. He did this in San Francisco and put them in cap hell.
Aside from some bad drafting and unfortunate events/retirements, I don't know that cap mismanagement doomed the Baalke 49ers.

One of the best players in the league, Patrick Willis, inexplicably retired in the prime of his career.

Another stud, Aldon Smith, developed major off field problems and he eventually got suspended and jailed.

Another LB retired before playing a down.

He and Harbaugh couldn't get along and Harbaugh left to coach Michigan.

Then came the whole Kaepernick thing.

That combination of events would have hurt any team and any GM.

As for why they paid so much for RRH...I don't know.  I would think he starts for us at that salary.  Of course, they franchised Cam Robinson too, so there's that.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheO-LineMatters 7 round mock draft 3.0 (Hopefully the last one) - by Bullseye - 04-27-2021, 12:08 PM