Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teddy Bridgewater traded to the Broncos

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-28-2021, 01:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...38535?s=19

This lessens the chances of them trading up for a QB.

If one falls to them, they could still easily take them, but I don't think they move up to 4 now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Is Elway a failure? Asking for a friend.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I was hoping Denver was a possible trade partner for Minshew. Rats. I am surprised they only got a 6th for Teddy.

(04-28-2021, 03:05 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I was hoping Denver was a possible trade partner for Minshew.  Rats.  I am surprised they only got a 6th for Teddy.

It sounded like they might have possibly been one for a bit there. Some of the reporters/Broncos insider like Benjamin Allbright were hinting that the Broncos were interested in Gardner. I do think though that the Jags may have wanted more than they were willing to give up for compensation. 

Teddy going for a sixth rounder is low IMO, but I think for big reason for that is because of all of the talent that is out there right now at the QB position, especially in this draft. It sounded like the Broncos preferred a veteran right now for Drew Lock and that is a reason why they moved to get Teddy. I do think that Gardner could have fit on that team and could have been good competition for Drew. I wonder how Teddy will fare on it and who will win in a competition between him and Drew.

(04-28-2021, 02:04 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Is Elway a failure? Asking for a friend.

I believe he no longer is the G.M. So yes...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I might not go that far, but his inability to find a franchise QB is delightful.
Not many superstars have the post-professional career he's had. He worked his way up, too, starting in the Arena League and gaining experience there, so it's not like he was just hired off his name. Gotta give him props on that.

Paxton Lynch!

Brock Osweiler!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 03:43 AM by Minshew Mania.)

I get what you're saying but didn't the Broncos win a superbowl with him at the helm? Hard to call him a failure. I mean I think he kinda sucks, but again... a superbowl is a superbowl. It's easy to forget because that team basically picked up a crippled, beaten and battered Manning and carried him to the pedestal. But gosh I sure do wonder what it's like to have my team win the superbowl. Must be nice.

(04-30-2021, 03:41 AM)Minshew Mania Wrote:

I get what you're saying but didn't the Broncos win a superbowl with him at the helm? Hard to call him a failure. I mean I think he kinda sucks, but again... a superbowl is a superbowl. It's easy to forget because that team basically picked up a crippled, beaten and battered Manning and carried him to the pedestal. But gosh I sure do wonder what it's like to have my team win the superbowl. Must be nice.

I meant in the front office but yeah he was successful in many things
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(04-30-2021, 11:03 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 03:41 AM)Minshew Mania Wrote: I get what you're saying but didn't the Broncos win a superbowl with him at the helm? Hard to call him a failure. I mean I think he kinda sucks, but again... a superbowl is a superbowl. It's easy to forget because that team basically picked up a crippled, beaten and battered Manning and carried him to the pedestal. But gosh I sure do wonder what it's like to have my team win the superbowl. Must be nice.

I meant in the front office but yeah he was successful in many things

He won a SB in the front office as a GM

He won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning but ok..

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 11:56 AM by RicoTx.)

(05-01-2021, 12:03 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning but ok..

LOL.  That's your response?  Manning sucked his last year.  He was benched for Brock Osweiler for a few games.  Brock [BLEEP] Osweiler.

I would say they won the Super Bowl that year in spite of Manning.  He was horrible.  Good grief...I forgot just how bad.  9 TD and 17 interceptions.  He was throwing wounded ducks all year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]