Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Southern Border

(06-26-2021, 04:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think she stayed away from the actual crises hot zone because she knew she wouldn't be welcomed there by it's citizens. She probably would have gotten that Guatemala Greeting..

Very good point.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Open the boarders. Treat it like we did Ellis Island in the early 1900s.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 02:52 PM by homebiscuit.)

(06-26-2021, 02:37 PM)Dimson Wrote: Open the boarders. Treat it like we did Ellis Island in the early 1900s.

Ellis Island subjected immigrants to strict admission protocols. And it wasn't always wide open. Ellis Island immigrant induction numbers fluxed greatly over its history. 

But that is all missing the point. Immigrants using the southern border don't want to go through a screening process. If they can get in simply by walking over the border, they'll take that route. Especially if they have criminal records.

(06-26-2021, 02:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 02:37 PM)Dimson Wrote: Open the boarders. Treat it like we did Ellis Island in the early 1900s.

Ellis Island subjected immigrants to strict admission protocols. And it wasn't always wide open. Ellis Island immigrant induction numbers fluxed greatly over its history. 

But that is all missing the point. Immigrants using the southern border don't want to go through a screening process. If they can get in simply by walking over the border, they'll take that route. Especially if they have criminal records.

This is the problem with Libertarians: their principles can and do get used against them to advance the progressive agenda. You can't treat the border like Ellis Island when we have massive welfare programs. We'd bankrupt our nation (I mean, if we didn't just print money).

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 08:36 PM by Dimson.)

(06-26-2021, 02:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That is how it should be. If you want to come in the country you go through the process. If you don't, then you don't get to come in. It is pretty simple.

(06-26-2021, 05:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 02:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ellis Island subjected immigrants to strict admission protocols. And it wasn't always wide open. Ellis Island immigrant induction numbers fluxed greatly over its history. 

This is the problem with Libertarians: their principles can and do get used against them to advance the progressive agenda. You can't treat the border like Ellis Island when we have massive welfare programs. We'd bankrupt our nation (I mean, if we didn't just print money).

How would we have massive welfare programs? They come in legally then they have to be paid legally and then they get their income stolen like the rest of us.

(06-26-2021, 08:34 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 02:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ellis Island subjected immigrants to strict admission protocols. And it wasn't always wide open. Ellis Island immigrant induction numbers fluxed greatly over its history. 

That is how it should be. If you want to come in the country you go through the process. If you don't, then you don't get to come in. It is pretty simple.

(06-26-2021, 05:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This is the problem with Libertarians: their principles can and do get used against them to advance the progressive agenda. You can't treat the border like Ellis Island when we have massive welfare programs. We'd bankrupt our nation (I mean, if we didn't just print money).

How would we have massive welfare programs? They come in legally then they have to be paid legally and then they get their income stolen like the rest of us.

How do you enforce that? Wouldn't that be a crime against society... which makes it not a crime? 

As to your last question, why do they have to work when they get here? They can literally just sign up for food stamps etc.

(06-26-2021, 10:27 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 08:34 PM)Dimson Wrote: That is how it should be. If you want to come in the country you go through the process. If you don't, then you don't get to come in. It is pretty simple.

How do you enforce that? Wouldn't that be a crime against society... which makes it not a crime? 

As to your last question, why do they have to work when they get here? They can literally just sign up for food stamps etc.

No one comes here for a better life only to not work and live oft the government.

That's a very presumptuous position to take. It seems very similar to the position Californian officials have made about the homeless.

(06-27-2021, 04:48 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 10:27 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: How do you enforce that? Wouldn't that be a crime against society... which makes it not a crime? 

No one comes here for a better life only to not work and live oft the government.

There was a time when that was true, at least for the vast majority of immigrants, who were only seeking to make a better life for themselves.  I believe many now simply expect our government to give them a better life.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-27-2021, 09:38 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 04:48 PM)Dimson Wrote: No one comes here for a better life only to not work and live oft the government.

There was a time when that was true, at least for the vast majority of immigrants, who were only seeking to make a better life for themselves.  I believe many now simply expect our government to give them a better life.

I have never met a lazy, live off the government Mexican.

(06-27-2021, 11:00 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 09:38 PM)Sneakers Wrote: There was a time when that was true, at least for the vast majority of immigrants, who were only seeking to make a better life for themselves.  I believe many now simply expect our government to give them a better life.

I agree.. The majority of them are a hard working race with great values that lean more towards family. Very respectful..

Now the liberal democrats, they're more wanting government handouts (Bernie Bros)

I'm 100% in favor of one entrance to the border, and one exit.. Bring in the Mexicans who want to chase the American Dream and kick out these American hating, do nothing liberal democrats.. But I doubt Mexico would want them.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Mexico wouldn't accept them.

Heels up Harris visited El Paso on her way back to LA on our dime. She was 800 miles from the crisis area. Might as well have gone to Europe...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(06-28-2021, 09:18 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Mexico wouldn't accept them.

Heels up Harris visited El Paso on her way back to LA on our dime. She was 800 miles from the crisis area. Might as well have gone to Europe...
Trump actually going to the border this week, will be interesting to see the difference

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(06-27-2021, 11:00 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 09:38 PM)Sneakers Wrote: There was a time when that was true, at least for the vast majority of immigrants, who were only seeking to make a better life for themselves.  I believe many now simply expect our government to give them a better life.

The data shows that, traditionally, 1st generation immigrants do not get on welfare at a high rate, but that 2nd and 3rd generations do get on it at a higher rate than the rest of the population. Also, this is before all of the progressive programs that actually reach out and coach immigrants how to collect welfare. I believe the number is going up, but I don't have the studies to support that. Only going off what I understand about how the community organizers work.

(06-28-2021, 09:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 11:00 PM)Dimson Wrote: I have never met a lazy, live off the government Mexican.

The data shows that, traditionally, 1st generation immigrants do not get on welfare at a high rate, but that 2nd and 3rd generations do get on it at a higher rate than the rest of the population. Also, this is before all of the progressive programs that actually reach out and coach immigrants how to collect welfare. I believe the number is going up, but I don't have the studies to support that. Only going off what I understand about how the community organizers work.
Unfortunately all welfare programs promote poverty. No matter if you were born here or not. They are used to get you to rely on the government and to stay below the poverty line. Because of you strive for a better life, then you have to give up living off the government.

Why are the Biden regime and most democrats ignoring this crisis?  Private property being destroyed as well as human remains being found yet not a peep out of the current regime or most of the media.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

They've brought in half a million illegals thus far to solidify their voting base. This is an invasion.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

This is a random video from a few months ago.

This is from a few days ago.  I wonder what could cause cases of the China virus to spike?