Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst Case Scenario

Outside of not drafting Trevor Lawrence, (which is not happening,) what would be your worst case scenario for the first day of the draft? 

Mine would be reaching on an OT who is no better that what we have now. We already have two starting OT's who are completely incompetent. We don't need a third. Unless we draft an OT with the last name Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins or Eichenberg, then we should wait until day 2 or 3. I wouldn't mind taking Cosmi, Brown or Radunz sometime tommorrow, just not in the first round. Any OT not named here, I'd wait until the 3rd day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Caleb Farley at 25 might be worst case scenario. Baalke LOVES him some ACL tears.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 09:37 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-29-2021, 09:31 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I think Caleb Farley at 25 might be worst case scenario.  Baalke LOVES him some ACL tears.

If it was just an ACL tear, I would easily take Farley at #25, but it's a back issue. Those type of injuries are a very "slippery slope." I think I'd have to wait until day 2, before I'd take a flyer on Farley. If he had no injury red flags, he would be my #1 CB.

Worst plausible case would be WR at 25, outside of Chase/Waddle/Bateman.

Worst possible? we draft a kicker, or trade 25 to the tinhorns for Watson.

Now tell me either of those scenarios would be better than taking someone like Cosmi at 25.

(04-29-2021, 09:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: Worst plausible case would be WR at 25, outside of Chase/Waddle/Bateman.

Worst possible? we draft a kicker, or trade 25 to the tinhorns for Watson.

Now tell me either of those scenarios would be better than taking someone like Cosmi at 25.

Kicker is not realistic. 

I would easily take DeVonta Smith over Cosmi. In fact, I'd take Smith over Waddle or Bateman. He's the 2nd best WR in the draft.

Taking Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would also be a complete disaster. Not because he's a bad player, but because he would be a terrible scheme fit. He is a 4-3 WLB. That is what I see. He could be very good at that position, but with us moving to a 3-4 defense, he would be a player without a position.

(04-29-2021, 10:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Taking Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would also be a complete disaster. Not because he's a bad player, but because he would be a terrible scheme fit. He is a 4-3 WLB. That is what I see. He could be very good at that position, but with us moving to a 3-4 defense, he would be a player without a position.

As I've stated before, I wouldn't take him unless I was planning to make him a S.  If I have decided to do that, I don't take him until the 2nd round...pick 45.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-29-2021, 10:22 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Taking Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would also be a complete disaster. Not because he's a bad player, but because he would be a terrible scheme fit. He is a 4-3 WLB. That is what I see. He could be very good at that position, but with us moving to a 3-4 defense, he would be a player without a position.

It's going to be a similar issue for Quincy Williams.

JOK wouldn't be a mistake. RB, TE, Toney, Basham, or Levi would be the mistakes.

(04-29-2021, 10:39 AM)ATLjag Wrote:

It's going to be a similar issue for Quincy Williams.

Quincy Williams was just a pure mistake. They drafted him on his athleticism alone. Athleticism alone, does not make a great or even a good NFL player. Players have to be able to fit the scheme of the team they are going to and they have to be able to take to the coaching, process information and use that information in their play on the field.

No WR or RB with 25 please.

To me, a worst case scenario is we trade back too far down from 25 and miss out on all of the players that could help.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 02:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-29-2021, 11:43 AM)IndestructibleJag Wrote: No WR or RB with 25 please.

Elijah Moore is the only WR I'd be ok with at 25 outside the top 3.  Most people think the draft is top 3 then everyone else, i think it's top 4 than the rest.

JOK could be Derwin James....would that be a mistake?

Jaguars and worse case scenario, a pairing as iconic as peanut butter and jelly.

With all of the studs that are available at 33 the new worst case scenario is pretty obviously Freiermuth at 33 (shocking for me to say I know). Not even the most ardent "but we NEED a TE" guys could possibly say he would be a good pick over Barmore, Jenkins, Moehrig, and more.

I think we just saw it.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 02:17 AM by Eric1.)

(04-30-2021, 12:18 AM)Upper Wrote: With all of the studs that are available at 33 the new worst case scenario is pretty obviously Freiermuth at 33 (shocking for me to say I know). Not even the most ardent "but we NEED a TE" guys could possibly say he would be a good pick over Barmore, Jenkins, Moehrig, and more.

Well after seeing how Urban Meyer is deciding to draft with the Etienne pick. It's obvious we can expect Freiermuth to be our pick at 33. Meyer channeled his inner Al Davis with the Etienne pick and now he's going to go for a big reach of a need pick in Freiermuth.

Imagine some people on this board preaching that this front office was going to take BAP/value, only to see them prove that wrong already with their 2nd pick in Etienne lololololol.

(04-30-2021, 02:13 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:18 AM)Upper Wrote: With all of the studs that are available at 33 the new worst case scenario is pretty obviously Freiermuth at 33 (shocking for me to say I know). Not even the most ardent "but we NEED a TE" guys could possibly say he would be a good pick over Barmore, Jenkins, Moehrig, and more.

Well after seeing how Urban Meyer is deciding to draft with the Etienne pick. It's obvious we can expect Freiermuth to be our pick at 33. Meyer channeled his inner Al Davis with the Etienne pick and now he's going to go for a big reach of a need pick in Freiermuth.

Imagine some people on this board preaching that this front office was going to take BAP/value, only to see them prove that wrong already with their 2nd pick in Etienne lololololol.
But how do you know he wasn't BAP on their board?  If there were one universal talent rating board that everyone-fans, media and teams alike-followed, then we'd know for sure whether Etienne was BAP or not.  But each team has a different board.  Each evaluator places different emphasis on different things.

Considering all of the players most on here were clamoring for at 25 are still on the board going into tonight, I can't say the Meyer/Baalke board was too far off. If Moehrig and Barmore and Jenkins were universally lauded as superior talents such that their value were unquestioned, teams after us would have taken them if they were BAP drafting teams, right?

instead of Freiermuth substitute JOK, R. Moore, or another teeny tiny WR of your choosing