Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(07-12-2021, 09:36 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Thread wont die unless Tim gets cut.  We, the cult of Tebow, always have more stuff.  My favorite is all the guys saying "college doesn't mean crap in the NFL" and then two seconds later they are telling me about Trevor's college career and winning.  What is going to happen when Trevor is a total bust?  He has to be because his college stats throwing are eerily similar to Tim's.  They both started for three years.  Of course, as a dual threat runner Tim destroys him.

Accuracy? Trevor wins 66.6%-66.4% (close, eh?),

YPA? Tim wins 9.3-8.9,

total yards? Trevor wins 10098-9285 (but threw 195 more passes),

Passing TD's Trevor wins 90-88.

QB RATING?  Tim wins 170.8-164.3

Rushing? LOL

Tim 2947 yards , 4.3 avg, 57 TDS

Trevor 943 yards, 4.1 avg, 18 TDs

edit:

Scoring  Tebow wins 342-108

Winning Trevor wins 38-2 versus 35-6

Does it matter what they did in college?  NOPE.  But they sure did the same exact thing for the most part.  Even their statistical accuracy was identical.  Im just trying to prepare you for the possibility of Trevor being the next Tim because I am kind hearted.

You're adorable.

No one though Timmah could pass at the NFL level. Every scout said he had a noodle arm with no real accuracy. Urban covered up his noddle arm with short passes to Percy Harvin... who took a 2 yard pass and made it 10.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Elway wasn't a Tebow fan.  However...  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ty-of-arm/

Watch the first two passes.  All Tim did was throw the ball long in college.  Noodle arm?  That post shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjST8pI5Xf4

(07-12-2021, 09:36 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Thread wont die unless Tim gets cut.  We, the cult of Tebow, always have more stuff.  My favorite is all the guys saying "college doesn't mean crap in the NFL" and then two seconds later they are telling me about Trevor's college career and winning.  What is going to happen when Trevor is a total bust?  He has to be because his college stats throwing are eerily similar to Tim's.  They both started for three years.  Of course, as a dual threat runner Tim destroys him.

YPA? Tim wins 9.3-8.9,

Rushing? LOL

edit:

Does it matter what they did in college?  NOPE.  But they sure did the same exact thing for the most part.  Even their statistical accuracy was identical.  Im just trying to prepare you for the possibility of Trevor being the next Tim because I am kind hearted.

You do know Timmy isn't trying out at QB right?  It's already been determined that he's not a good NFL QB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Correct. But if stats in college are "the" primary indicator, Trevor=Tim. That was the point.

(07-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Correct.  But if stats in college are "the" primary indicator, Trevor=Tim.  That was the point.

All you're doing is proving a UF education is garbage. No one watching the two thought they were even close. No one. Because college is a crap version of football when you get right down to it. It's played by amateurs.

What happened to your noodle arm argument?

YPA? Tim wins 9.3-8.9,

Rushing? LOL

edit:

We'll see if the statistical parity between the two carries over in the NFL.

Considering that many of the biggest busts in recent NFL history has vastly better NFL numbers than Tebow, I'd say they won't.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

YPA? Tim wins 9.3-8.9,

Rushing? LOL

edit:

I see your account was created May 2021. You must be that guy from Charlotte that wanted the Jags to trade the #1 pick to the Panthers? As I remember it was because it would make the Panthers a regional entity?  Well it didn't happen, so let it go....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

YPA? Tim wins 9.3-8.9,

Rushing? LOL

edit:

Tell me you know nothing about football without telling me you know nothing about football......

YPA? Tim wins 9.3-8.9,

Rushing? LOL

edit:

Wanna post his NFL stats? Tebow is so bad he couldn't even beat Mark Sanchez for the starting spot  Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Correct.  But if stats in college are "the" primary indicator, Trevor=Tim.  That was the point.

If college stats are the "primary indicator", you need to compare Tebow to the other TEs on the roster.  He's not competing with Lawrence for a roster spot.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(07-09-2021, 08:52 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: He is not eligible for the practice squad.

Take that up with the yahoos at 1010xl who said on Friday he still had eligibility under the expanded rules applied for Covid.

(07-10-2021, 01:27 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 08:39 PM)FBT Wrote: I'm amazed that a thread about the 5th tight end on this team, a guy who, best case, probably lands on the practice squad, has gone almost 40 pages deep.  I guess it's a good thing that people are paying attention, right?

Forty?!?

What kind of board settings do you have going there?

Using the default settings, we're at 95 pages.

I think Marty raised the possibility of 100 pages before training camp.

He looks prescient.

To be fair I've got the settings maxed out so I don't have to go through 100 pages, so for me it's at 40 pages and counting.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(07-12-2021, 10:35 AM)Pendragon Wrote: What happened to your noodle arm argument?

Even compared to Bortles he has a weak arm.

It's not an NFL arm.. nor an NFL delivery. He had a windup worse than Byron Leftwich but it produced zero power compared to Leftwich's lasers.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2021, 12:57 PM by Pendragon.)

(07-12-2021, 12:20 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 10:35 AM)Pendragon Wrote: What happened to your noodle arm argument?

Even compared to Bortles he has a weak arm.

It's not an NFL arm.. nor an NFL delivery. He had a windup worse than Byron Leftwich but it produced zero power compared to Leftwich's lasers.

Show me someone with NFL creds saying that.  Elway says the opposite, as I posted above.  Arm strength... ie velocity on release... not motion, delivery etc.

Josh McDaniels knew it, too

But make no mistake about it, when McDaniels says that "Tim's got some unique skills and there's certainly no boundary on what we may try to do with any of our skill players, and Tim may allow us to do some things a little differently."
McDaniels continued, "we're going to experiment a little bit with a lot of different things in terms of our system, and we've made a lot of different changes both offensively and defensively and we'll see how Tim factors in."
He is not referring to Tebows running skills; "Tebow has a cannon and he can deliver a 50-60 yard strike down the field on a frozen rope just ten yards off the ground." This makes Tebow unique to the Starting QB the Broncos now have listed on their depth chart.
“Maybe for a player like that, you change your offense instead of trying to change him,” John Gruden said.

(07-12-2021, 09:07 AM)Pendragon Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 08:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Training Camp will bring renewed activity here as the gata homers cling to every high school level succesful play as a sign that Timma has turned the corner.

Don’t take it out on the college grads that you couldn’t find a degree on a thermometer.

In my experience most gata homers are, like you, unlikely to spell the word university correctly without the help of spell check.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Big Grin 

(07-12-2021, 01:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 09:07 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Don’t take it out on the college grads that you couldn’t find a degree on a thermometer.

In my experience most gata homers are, like you, unlikely to spell the word university correctly without the help of spell check.

That reminds me of the time at SEC media days when a reporter asked Coach Spurrier if he was concerned about all the returning players that Georgia had coming back and he said, "No, why?"  The reporter answered, "Well, because they have a lot of experience" and Spurrier said, "At what, losing?"

It is safe to say that your experience doesn't really matter to me, pumpkin.

(07-12-2021, 02:16 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 01:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: In my experience most gata homers are, like you, unlikely to spell the word university correctly without the help of spell check.

That reminds me of the time at SEC media days when a reporter asked Coach Spurrier if he was concerned about all the returning players that Georgia had coming back and he said, "No, why?"  The reporter answered, "Well, because they have a lot of experience" and Spurrier said, "At what, losing?"

It is safe to say that your experience doesn't really matter to me, pumpkin.

[Image: e7599a9805b685da6f8d12576d92fa24.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ummm

You know Lawrence was in college a year ago, right? 

Tebow’s college stats are from 12 years ago. 

Which do you think will be more relevant in September, 2021?

(07-12-2021, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Ummm

When was Tebow considered a bust as as an NFL QB?  Within a couple years of him leaving college, right?  What stage of Trevor's career is he at now?  Sorry, I didn't think I would actually have to walk anyone through the comparison...

(07-12-2021, 03:05 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ummm

When was Tebow considered a bust as as an NFL QB?  

The moment you are thinking about was immediately after we heard, "With the 25th pick in the 1st round of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select..."