Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(05-09-2021, 03:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 01:10 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: He'll actually be playing about the same size as Robinson but a bit faster. The RB competition may be more interesting than we think. I think Robinson will end up being the opening day starter but UM didn't draft Etienne to sit on the bench for any significant amount of time.
I hope it’s not actually a competition at all. 
I hope it’s just a matter of carving out designed plays/packages for both of them. 
It would be foolish not to utilize the two varied and effective skill sets IMO.

Agreed completely.

Both could complement each other and really help provide balance and versatility to the offense.

Sub question:  If the Jaguars kept Robinson and Etienne in the game in 21 personnel (2 backs, 1 TE), would the defense respond with base or nickel?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He chose #1..... I like him more now lol

(05-15-2021, 09:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He chose #1..... I like him more now lol

I heard he chose #1.

Did you see anything with the rookie jersey numbers?

We now know:

Trevor Lawrence-16
Travis Etienne-1

I will assume Tyson Campbell-3 and Walker Little gets his 72.

I've seen Cisco indicarting he will choose 8, though I don't see how he manages that given Brunell's status in the Pride.

I do like the comparison for Kamara, Etienne is faster though and he is getting better at pass blocking and receiving

(05-15-2021, 09:28 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 09:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He chose #1..... I like him more now lol

I heard he chose #1.

We now know:

Trevor Lawrence-16
Travis Etienne-1

I've seen Cisco indicarting he will choose 8, though I don't see how he manages that given Brunell's status in the Pride.
https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/13935...77701?s=21

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2021, 10:32 AM by Bullseye.)

(05-15-2021, 10:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 09:28 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I heard he chose #1.

We now know:

Trevor Lawrence-16
Travis Etienne-1

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/13935...77701?s=21
You beat me to it.

Don't like Campbell having MJD's number, but considering MJD's number was never retired and some of the greatest playerrs in NFL history have had their numbers re-issued....I can deal with it.

(05-15-2021, 10:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Don't like Campbell having MJD's number, but considering MJD's number was never retired and some of the greatest playerrs in NFL history have had their numbers re-issued....I can deal with it.

Last name of one of the Jaguar greats, and the number of another Jaguar great. No pressure kid.

(05-15-2021, 12:24 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 10:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Don't like Campbell having MJD's number, but considering MJD's number was never retired and some of the greatest playerrs in NFL history have had their numbers re-issued....I can deal with it.

Last name of one of the Jaguar greats, and the number of another Jaguar great. No pressure kid.

Laughing

I love the Kamara comparison...

Except anyone with half a brain could see Kamara could be special if he wasn't surrounded by hot garbage at Tennessee. Etienne has been in the best situation any RB could dream of being in.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 01:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-16-2021, 01:11 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I love the Kamara comparison...

Except anyone with half a brain could see Kamara could be special if he wasn't surrounded by hot garbage at Tennessee. Etienne has been in the best situation any RB could dream of being in.

Not really, he had TLaw but thier oline wasn't very good. Kamara is behind one of the best olines in the league, with Brees and Sean Payton. Kamara is a great back but Payrons play calling and scheme maximizes Kamara talent. Hopefully UM can do the same

Considering how they are talking about Etienne, it's even more mind boggling that we didn't just sign Curtis Samuel in FA. He has already proven to be very good at this role, he has strong Urban connections, and he didn't get very much $ in FA. We could have virtually exactly what we want and used the very valuable 1st rounder on someone like Barmore.

(05-16-2021, 02:07 PM)Upper Wrote: Considering how they are talking about Etienne, it's even more mind boggling that we didn't just sign Curtis Samuel in FA. He has already proven to be very good at this role, he has strong Urban connections, and he didn't get very much $ in FA. We could have virtually exactly what we want and used the very valuable 1st rounder on someone like Barmore.
I thought for sure going into free agency that the Jags and Meyer would target Curtis Samuel.  Very surprised he's not a Jag....

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 02:19 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-16-2021, 02:07 PM)Upper Wrote: Considering how they are talking about Etienne, it's even more mind boggling that we didn't just sign Curtis Samuel in FA. He has already proven to be very good at this role, he has strong Urban connections, and he didn't get very much $ in FA. We could have virtually exactly what we want and used the very valuable 1st rounder on someone like Barmore.

The way Urbants a top 5 dline.  The only reason I can think of us not drafting him at 33 is because of red flags.  Every other team skipped him too.  BB always takes or signs players with red flags nobody else will take a chance on

Or they are really high on Tufele and just felt they could get him at 4

An excellent point.

Only two possible answers from my perspective:

1.  Samuel didn't want to come here;

2.  UM for whatever reason didn't think he was worth signing.

The more playmakers the better..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

[Image: 187786249_10103037805605501_915771690224...e=60C8717D]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-14-2021, 08:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 03:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I hope it’s not actually a competition at all. 
I hope it’s just a matter of carving out designed plays/packages for both of them. 
It would be foolish not to utilize the two varied and effective skill sets IMO.

Agreed completely.

Both could complement each other and really help provide balance and versatility to the offense.

Sub question:  If the Jaguars kept Robinson and Etienne in the game in 21 personnel (2 backs, 1 TE), would the defense respond with  base or nickel?

I think most coordinators would opt for nickel, especially if Etienne really emerges as a pass catching threat. 

Obviously, there are many ways to skin a cat, and depending on a defense's personnel strengths and weaknesses, two RBs can be covered by a number of different LBs or DBs.  

I just hope Meyer actually does it and forces defenses to commit coverage.

I like to see him cross training as a WR. The more he can do for the team the better.

I also like his skill set in space with only a DB or 2 in front of him. Hopefully he can show ability as a true flex for us.

(05-19-2021, 09:03 AM)rufftime Wrote: I like to see him cross training as a WR.  The more he can do for the team the better.  

I also like his skill set in space with only a DB or 2 in front of him.  Hopefully he can show ability as a true flex for us.

When you got a dude like ETN who is a TD machine, you want the ball in his hands.. I absolutely LOVE how he's being conditioned as a WR as well.. I have visions of TLaw swing passes to ETN for huge gains..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]