Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Fields to CHI

Love this fit in that NFC North. Arob finally gets a QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-30-2021, 05:01 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Love this fit in that NFC North. Arob finally gets a QB.

They paid a pretty penny to get him though.

But he's going to a decent situation.

Good coach.  Good surrounding talent.  Could upgrade T, but has good receivers.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-30-2021, 05:01 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Love this fit in that NFC North. Arob finally gets a QB.

gonna love watching him try to run in that grass in the cold weather.

How soon before they convert the stadium back to a turf-like substance?

He should thrive in Chicago with Arob. The grass thing will be interesting.

Hopefully a QB that knows what he is doing.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(05-01-2021, 12:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He should thrive in Chicago with Arob. The grass thing will be interesting.

They added Jenkins.  That will help.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 10:49 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

I really didn't want him for the Jags. With that said, I hope he becomes a good QB for the Bears. I wish him the best, seems like a good kid.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 10:28 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(05-01-2021, 03:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:04 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He should thrive in Chicago with Arob. The grass thing will be interesting.

They added Jenkins.  That will help.

I really don't know how much Jenkins will help. Imo, he is a pure RT. He could play LT, but I don't believe he will be nearly as effective. The Bears came into the draft with QB and LT being their two biggest needs. I guess we shall see how it all plays out. It should be interesting, especially with the who Aaron Rodgers situation. If he leaves GB, that division is wide open.

(05-02-2021, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 03:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: They added Jenkins.  That will help.

I really don't know how much Jenkins will help. Imo, he is a pure RT. He could play LT, but I don't believe he will be nearly as effective. The Bears came into the draft with QB and LT being their two biggest needs. I guess we shall see how it all plays out. It should be interesting, especially with the who Aaron Rodgers situation. If he leaves GB, that division is wide open.

He helps by upgrading RT and improving depth.

I think he'll have good coaching in Chicago and he has some good talent around him on both sides of the ball.  He won't be Sam Darnold thrown in with the Jets.

That'll help a lot.

As for Rodgers...ugh.  Just heard last night the Packers haven't drafted an offensive skill player in the first round to help him out since 2012.  I didn't research that to confirm, but if that's true, that's a helluva fact.

I don't see things ending well for Green Bay unless they fire Gutekunst.  Even if they fire him, it may not be enough to get Green Bay back to the Super Bowl.

(05-02-2021, 11:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I really don't know how much Jenkins will help. Imo, he is a pure RT. He could play LT, but I don't believe he will be nearly as effective. The Bears came into the draft with QB and LT being their two biggest needs. I guess we shall see how it all plays out. It should be interesting, especially with the who Aaron Rodgers situation. If he leaves GB, that division is wide open.

He helps by upgrading RT and improving depth.

I think he'll have good coaching in Chicago and he has some good talent around him on both sides of the ball.  He won't be Sam Darnold thrown in with the Jets.

That'll help a lot.

As for Rodgers...ugh.  Just heard last night the Packers haven't drafted an offensive skill player in the first round to help him out since 2012.  I didn't research that to confirm, but if that's true, that's a helluva fact.

I don't see things ending well for Green Bay unless they fire Gutekunst.  Even if they fire him, it may not be enough to get Green Bay back to the Super Bowl.

Would you want to cater to Aaron Rodgers that way? This is shades of Brett Farve. There is another team that has been QB blessed.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-02-2021, 02:43 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 11:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: He helps by upgrading RT and improving depth.

That'll help a lot.

Would you want to cater to Aaron Rodgers that way? This is shades of Brett Farve. There is another team that has been QB blessed.

By giving him skill position help or by firing Gutekunst?

I think they are still on the precipice of the Super Bowl if Rodgers is there, even if he's only there another 2-3 years.

They are on the precipice of disaster if Rodgers retires this year because of Gutekunst.

I'm so confused how so many analysts criticize Justin Fields pre-draft but now state the Bears stole the draft with their trade up resulting in the selection of Fields.

Bears get -- Giants #10 pick

Giants get - Bears #20 pick, a 2022 1st round pick, the 2021 5th round pick, and a 2022 4th round pick.

(05-02-2021, 02:56 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:43 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Would you want to cater to Aaron Rodgers that way? This is shades of Brett Farve. There is another team that has been QB blessed.

By giving him skill position help or by firing Gutekunst?

I think they are still on the precipice of the Super Bowl if Rodgers is there, even if he's only there another 2-3 years.

They are on the precipice of disaster if Rodgers retires this year because of Gutekunst.

Honestly I don't understand teams that have elite QBs and avoid giving the offense attention during the draft. Their front office drafts don't make sense but at the same time, can they really cave to Rodgers demands and fire the GM?  That is all I mean by cater to him.

Back on Chicago. Good move for them.  Next year's first round will probably be mid to late round so probably not too much of a loss.  I think they have a bit of the can win now and have the future mindset.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-03-2021, 09:09 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm so confused how so many analysts criticize Justin Fields pre-draft but now state the Bears stole the draft with their trade up resulting in the selection of Fields.

Bears get -- Giants #10 pick

Giants get - Bears #20 pick, a 2022 1st round pick, the 2021 5th round pick, and a 2022 4th round pick.

Thats exactly my sentiment... The majority of pundits were projecting a lot of criticism towards Fields - but maybe they achieved their goal.

To get him and his draft stock to slide so "their" team can swoop in and nab him. It's the only thing I can think of.

That, or maybe they are trying to appease a large market fanbase like Chicago - because if he went to Jax or another small market team, you know they would slam the choice endlessly.