Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Rodgers tells Packers he doesn't want to return

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rodgers, Mahommes, Lawrence, Wilson, and a few other QBs in this league are worth not letting walk.

Whatever is going on up in Green Bay, there better get it fixed. They would be stupid to let him walk because of bad management.

Apparently Rodgers didn't like them releasing Jake Kumerow.

All in all it looks like Packers management is firmly in the 'Shut up and play' - corner.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1389269097075052545

Rodgers apparently told prospective free agents he wouldn't be on the team.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 08:18 PM by Bullseye.)

Last year, with Rodgers, the Packers won 13 games and was in the NFC Championship game.

Here are the home and away opponents for 2021

Home ----------         Away
Bears ----------         Bears
Vikings ----------       Vikings
Lions -----------         Lions
Browns ----------       Ravens
Rams ------------        Bengals
Steelers ----------      Saints
Seahawks ----------    49ers
Washington ---------- Chiefs
                              Cardinals

What is their record without Rodgers? Hint: it ain't 13-3.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I’m afraid Rodgers might end up in the AFC.....

Denver, Miami, maybe Houston.

It would be Denver. They are desperate for a qb

Rodgers can't just blame the team he hasn't played the best when it matters most in those NFC championship games either.
No Fun

(05-06-2021, 12:41 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m afraid Rodgers might end up in the AFC.....

Denver, Miami, maybe Houston.

That is a concern.

But he'd have less help in Houston than he has in Green Bay because of all the stupid trades.

They'd have to give up a bunch of picks for a 38 year old QB.

If they DID end up trading Watson, whatever picks they get for him would go to Rodgers.  By the time Houston would be team enough to be any sort of threat, Rodgers will be close to retirement, if he hasn't done so by then.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 08:17 AM by mal234.)

Benjamin Allbright had an detailed thread on his twitter about the Aaron Rodgers situation. He posted it a few days ago, if anyone wants to read it (if you haven't read it already). He seems to know quite a bit about it.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...3326356482

It definitely reiterates what we've been hearing about Aaron being extremely frustrated with the Packers, not wanting to back to them. Ben was saying Aaron was even sending messages to teams like the 49ers to "come and get him". It definitely sounds like it's gotten pretty bad between him and the Packers. I wonder if he really may not go back to them.

Also, Adam Schefter is saying they are looking at bringing in another QB, due to this situation and only having Jordan Love as the other QB on the roster. This could be a good time for the Jags to get involved and see what they might want to trade for Gardner. Obviously not Aaron, but maybe for some other compensation that could be beneficial to the Jags. He's as good of an options (and I believe better than at least some) as other QB's out there. Some of the free agents out there include people like Brian Hoyer and Nick Mullens. 

Some other people have suggested Bortles or maybe getting one of the Chicago QB's Foles or Dalton. (Though, Chicago has indicated they want Dalton to start and mentor Fields, (like an Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes type of situation). I've seen a couple of other options thrown out there as well, like involving one of the Broncos QB's if they could somehow land Aaron in a trade. Right now, though, I think that the Packers first course of action is to get another QB on their roster. Even before possibly moving Aaron. The Jags could talk to them.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 10:24 AM by CanDoBetter.)

(05-06-2021, 05:08 AM)Jag88 Wrote: It would be Denver. They are desperate for a qb

And they didn't address this during the draft. Furthermore Rodgers fiancee apparently lives in Colorado.

It's almost as if they were betting on a Rodgers trade...

Also Jaguars should call them about Minshew imo.
No Fun

I think drafting Jordan Love last year was the tipping point.  Taking another QB in the first round isn't the way to tell a guy you're committed to keeping him and you sacrifice the opportunity to upgrade another position.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-06-2021, 06:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I think drafting Jordan Love last year was the tipping point.  Taking another QB in the first round isn't the way to tell a guy you're committed to keeping him and you sacrifice the opportunity to upgrade another position.

If that's the tipping point, I don't get it.  The Packers drafted him while Favre was still the starter.  What's wrong with grooming a replacement?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-06-2021, 06:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I think drafting Jordan Love last year was the tipping point.  Taking another QB in the first round isn't the way to tell a guy you're committed to keeping him and you sacrifice the opportunity to upgrade another position.

Rodgers is getting to be a football old man. Reality shouldn’t be difficult for him to grasp. He needs to stop acting like a teenage drama queen.

(05-07-2021, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Rodgers is getting to be a football old man. Reality shouldn’t be difficult for him to grasp. He needs to stop acting like a teenage drama queen.

You're right... but the Packers should have let him know what they were doing. Bad business decision to keep your star employee completely out of the loop.

(05-07-2021, 09:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

If that's the tipping point, I don't get it.  The Packers drafted him while Favre was still the starter.  What's wrong with grooming a replacement?

Aaron Rodgers' ego eclipses Farves.  I'm not a Rodgers fan at all.  Dude has a chip on his shoulder about having a chip on his shoulder.  If true that he was tanking free agent visits as well then dang that guy is bitter.  West Coast elitist attitude for sure.

Makes Brady even more impressive for his attitude.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-07-2021, 11:38 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 09:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If that's the tipping point, I don't get it.  The Packers drafted him while Favre was still the starter.  What's wrong with grooming a replacement?

Aaron Rodgers' ego eclipses Farves.  I'm not a Rodgers fan at all.  Dude has a chip on his shoulder about having a chip on his shoulder.  If true that he was tanking free agent visits as well then dang that guy is bitter.  West Coast elitist attitude for sure.

Over the last 5-10 years I've been reading more and more about him being a dick.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 12:31 PM by homebiscuit.)

(05-07-2021, 11:32 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rodgers is getting to be a football old man. Reality shouldn’t be difficult for him to grasp. He needs to stop acting like a teenage drama queen.

You're right... but the Packers should have let him know what they were doing. Bad business decision to keep your star employee completely out of the loop.

If he's a mature adult, he knows that his replacement is due to be acquired soon. If anything, it should motivate him to keep his edge a little longer. I've never agreed with the philosophy that the FO has to consult or inform players of their intentions to acquire other talent. He's an employee, not an executive.

(05-07-2021, 12:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 11:38 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Aaron Rodgers' ego eclipses Farves.  I'm not a Rodgers fan at all.  Dude has a chip on his shoulder about having a chip on his shoulder.  If true that he was tanking free agent visits as well then dang that guy is bitter.  West Coast elitist attitude for sure.

Over the last 5-10 years I've been reading more and more about him being a dick.

He's not even close with his own family.

(05-07-2021, 12:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 11:32 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You're right... but the Packers should have let him know what they were doing. Bad business decision to keep your star employee completely out of the loop.

If he's a mature adult, he knows that his replacement is due to be acquired soon. If anything, it should motivate him to keep his edge a little longer. I've never agreed with the philosophy that the FO has to consult or inform players of their intentions to acquire other talent. He's an employee, not an executive.

(05-07-2021, 12:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Over the last 5-10 years I've been reading more and more about him being a dick.

He's not even close with his own family.

Hey I totally agree... just saying... when you know for a fact you have an employee that is head and shoulders better than all the other employees you have or have access to... and he's a diva... you at least tell him you're drafting a QB. Make that the first call right before you call Jordan.

Like I said, I agree with you, Rodgers is awful... but good business is knowing your employees.