Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andre Cisco - Rd3, Pick 65

(08-22-2021, 01:02 PM)Jag149 Wrote: As good as Darius was during his time he would be out of place in today's game. He would also draw A LOT of flags...

LOL Darius would of went to Jail for some of the Hits he put on receivers.  Today's NFL is so soft in comparision.  Receivers were scared to cross the middle back then for good reason!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From John Reid's latest T.U. article on camp stand-outs. 
Quote:Andre Cisco, SS

Cisco is emerging as the Jaguars’ second-best impact rookie in camp behind Lawrence. He has consistently got pass breakups and not getting beat frequently in coverage. Meyer said Friday that Cisco is on the hunt for a starting spot. He needs another preseason performance Monday night against the Saints as he enjoyed against the Browns. Cisco combined for four tackles and had a pass breakup during last week’s preseason opener.

Cisco will hopefully become the playmaking, rangy, deep ballhawking safety we've been searching for many years.

(08-22-2021, 03:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 01:02 PM)Jag149 Wrote: As good as Darius was during his time he would be out of place in today's game. He would also draw A LOT of flags...

LOL Darius would of went to Jail for some of the Hits he put on receivers.  Today's NFL is so soft in comparision.  Receivers were scared to cross the middle back then for good reason!

The decapitation of Robert Ferguson is still being talked about today.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gETWSmE4LUU

Im amazed Ferguson held onto the ball....or his head.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(08-23-2021, 01:27 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 03:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: LOL Darius would of went to Jail for some of the Hits he put on receivers.  Today's NFL is so soft in comparision.  Receivers were scared to cross the middle back then for good reason!

Dirty as hell.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-23-2021, 02:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 01:27 PM)NCJag Wrote: The decapitation of Robert Ferguson is still being talked about today.....

Dirty as hell.

I don't think receivers like Tyreek Hill could play back then.  A few shots like that going across the middle and their career is done.

(08-23-2021, 01:27 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 03:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: LOL Darius would of went to Jail for some of the Hits he put on receivers.  Today's NFL is so soft in comparision.  Receivers were scared to cross the middle back then for good reason!

I don't know if I would call it "dirty" when looking at the rules back then, but it was pretty nasty.  Donovan Darius was one of my favorite players back then because he was a punishing hard hitter.

The "modern era" of football has gotten soft.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-23-2021, 04:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 01:27 PM)NCJag Wrote: The decapitation of Robert Ferguson is still being talked about today.....

I don't know if I would call it "dirty" when looking at the rules back then, but it was pretty nasty.  Donovan Darius was one of my favorite players back then because he was a punishing hard hitter.

It was a dirty, that's why he was ejected and fined. He was an idiot who started to do that crap and got away with it a few times until he sent Ferguson to the hospital.

Anyway, Darius was mediocre at best vs the pass. There were much better Safeties who also delivered much better hits without being ...... by just going with their forearm to the head of a guy trying to catch the ball.
Gotta love the "has gotten soft", sure, who doesn't love watching players get sent to the hospital and end their careers sooner than expected? or just end up with mental issues, we really should go back to that  Rolleyes
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Not as dirty as the cheap blindside shot Warren Sapp on the GB offensive guard Clifton away from the play.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-23-2021, 04:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Not as dirty as the cheap blindside shot Warren Sapp on the GB offensive guard Clifton away from the play.

At least Sapp didn't go for the head.

(08-23-2021, 02:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Dirty as hell.

I liked Darius, but that was absolutely a cheap shot.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-23-2021, 04:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 04:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't know if I would call it "dirty" when looking at the rules back then, but it was pretty nasty.  Donovan Darius was one of my favorite players back then because he was a punishing hard hitter.

It was a dirty, that's why he was ejected and fined. He was an idiot who started to do that crap and got away with it a few times until he sent Ferguson to the hospital.

Anyway, Darius was mediocre at best vs the pass. There were much better Safeties who also delivered much better hits without being ...... by just going with their forearm to the head of a guy trying to catch the ball.
Gotta love the "has gotten soft", sure, who doesn't love watching players get sent to the hospital and end their careers sooner than expected? or just end up with mental issues, we really should go back to that  Rolleyes

Meh... cry me a river.  You are probably too young to remember players being bloodied during/after games up to and including the quarterback.  That's when football was played the way that it was designed.

Newsflash for you, players used to wear more padding and protection than they do now.  It has always been a violent game.  It's just more of a "softer gentler" violent game than it used to be.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2021, 06:53 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Back before the Later 90's there was no such thing as Concussions, "TURF TOE", and may other health protocols we know understand.   Guys before that time were true warriors.  Clotheslines, body slams, head shots, it was all allowed.   IF a player got his bell rung he would take a play off and go right back in.   Back in the 70's and beforehand, these guys would kill you on Sunday and then go work a 9-5 job to make ends meat.

People like this were on Defense and loved to dish out the pain:

[Image: linebacker-jack-lambert-of-the-pittsburg...?s=612x612]

(08-23-2021, 05:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 02:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Dirty as hell.

I liked Darius, but that was absolutely a cheap shot.

Nah, just a hard hit. If it had been a player on the colts that had done it they probably wouldn't have been ejected.

Now this is a cheap shot.

(08-23-2021, 06:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 04:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: It was a dirty, that's why he was ejected and fined. He was an idiot who started to do that crap and got away with it a few times until he sent Ferguson to the hospital.

Meh... cry me a river.  You are probably too young to remember players being bloodied during/after games up to and including the quarterback.  That's when football was played the way that it was designed.

Newsflash for you, players used to wear more padding and protection than they do now.  It has always been a violent game.  It's just more of a "softer gentler" violent game than it used to be.

That right there is the thing. Pads were exchanged for speed, and now guys can hit each other even harder. But they only get a few hits in before they end up on the sideline.
There were plenty of dirty players then, there still are today. As Vic often liked to say, football is not a game for the well-adjusted.

All this talk about him being great and "1000x better than Moehrig" and the guy couldn't even beat Andrew freaking Wingard  Laughing

Having said that, I expect Wingard to lose his starting spot real soon lol.

(09-07-2021, 07:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: All this talk about him being great and "1000x better than Moehrig" and the guy couldn't even beat Andrew freaking Wingard  Laughing

If Cisco doesn't start over Wingard, that just proves that Meyer is incompetent. Cisco has completely outperformed Wingard in the preseason. It's very obvious to almost every fan of this team.

(09-07-2021, 07:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 07:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: All this talk about him being great and "1000x better than Moehrig" and the guy couldn't even beat Andrew freaking Wingard  Laughing

If Cisco doesn't start over Wingard, that just proves that Meyer is incompetent. Cisco has completely outperformed Wingard in the preseason. It's very obvious to almost every fan of this team.

To almost every fan except Raven lol.  Cisco was the highest rated rookie safety.  I think Meyer is just not announcing it but Cisco will get the start imo

(09-07-2021, 07:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 07:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Cisco doesn't start over Wingard, that just proves that Meyer is incompetent. Cisco has completely outperformed Wingard in the preseason. It's very obvious to almost every fan of this team.

To almost every fan except Raven lol.  Cisco was the highest rated rookie safety.  I think Meyer is just not announcing it but Cisco will get the start imo

Playing against guys who were cut  Laughing

Wingard sux. He might be in the right place every once in awhile by sheer dumb luck.