Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andre Cisco - Rd3, Pick 65

(09-07-2021, 08:54 PM)surfon Wrote: Wingard sux. He might be in the right place every once in awhile by sheer dumb luck.

Exactly. He is the most undisciplined player in the history of this team. He plays completely wreckless and out of control.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-22-2021, 01:52 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 11:42 PM)surfon Wrote: Exactly thats a .........big bkank space.  But correct.  And he was more of a thumper than a ballhawk.

Carnell lake?

LMAO. 

Not even close.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-22-2021, 03:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 01:02 PM)Jag149 Wrote: As good as Darius was during his time he would be out of place in today's game. He would also draw A LOT of flags...

LOL Darius would of went to Jail for some of the Hits he put on receivers.  Today's NFL is so soft in comparision.  Receivers were scared to cross the middle back then for good reason!
I remember he thumped Ladanian Tomlinson hard early in a game, and LT was not a factor after that. He was running timid.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(09-08-2021, 03:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 03:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: LOL Darius would of went to Jail for some of the Hits he put on receivers.  Today's NFL is so soft in comparision.  Receivers were scared to cross the middle back then for good reason!
I remember he thumped Ladanian Tomlinson hard early in a game, and LT was not a factor after that. He was running timid.

And that was soft compared to the 70s and 80s.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-08-2021, 03:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 03:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: LOL Darius would of went to Jail for some of the Hits he put on receivers.  Today's NFL is so soft in comparision.  Receivers were scared to cross the middle back then for good reason!

Top 5 DD hits:

1.  Hit on Bettis end of 1998 season-mirror image of the Atwater hit on Okoye.

2.  Hit on then Jets TE Kyle Brady, 1998 playoffs.  My buddy thought he literally KILLED Brady

3.  Hit on Tomlinson described above circa 2003

4.  Hit on Robert Ferguson at GB, 2004.  He caught a lot of flak nationally for his clothesline of Ferguson, but he was not a dirty player.  Truth be told, had that hit occurred in the 70s, it would have been celebrated in an NFL Films reel.

5.  ???!?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This defense is severely lacking in playmakers, especially in the secondary, but I just don't understand why we have Cisco on the bench behind Wingard...

We know what Wingard is, a perennial special teams gunner, but seeing him play the deep safety position just doesn't make sense. The guy doesn't possess the necessary skills/athleticism to protect the field as literally the last line of defense - with more examples mounting against him in the other thread.

I'd rather take the growing pains of starting a rookie with Cisco, knowing that he at least has the ability to cover sideline-to-sideline and takes those chances.

Coming from a 1-15 season, we all know this team is bad overall, so we might as well play our "talented" rookies to gain valuable experience and go through the motions of this season together.

(09-20-2021, 12:33 AM)enigma Wrote: This defense is severely lacking in playmakers, especially in the secondary, but I just don't understand why we have Cisco on the bench behind Wingard...

We know what Wingard is, a perennial special teams gunner, but seeing him play the deep safety position just doesn't make sense. The guy doesn't possess the necessary skills/athleticism to protect the field as literally the last line of defense - with more examples mounting against him in the other thread.

I'd rather take the growing pains of starting a rookie with Cisco, knowing that he at least has the ability to cover sideline-to-sideline and takes those chances.

Coming from a 1-15 season, we all know this team is bad overall, so we might as well play our "talented" rookies to gain valuable experience and go through the motions of this season together.

You're preaching the same thing everybody (minus about 2 people) are saying all over the nation. Hardly anybody understands why Wingard is getting the reps over Cisco. It doesn't make any sense. Wingard is the same exact player he was 2 years ago (which isn't any good), but that just pretty much falls in line with everything this staff has been doing for months now. None of them seem to have a clue on most things.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 01:18 AM by enigma. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-20-2021, 01:06 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:33 AM)enigma Wrote: This defense is severely lacking in playmakers, especially in the secondary, but I just don't understand why we have Cisco on the bench behind Wingard...

You're preaching the same thing everybody (minus about 2 people) are saying all over the nation. Hardly anybody understands why Wingard is getting the reps over Cisco. It doesn't make any sense. Wingard is the same exact player he was 2 years ago (which isn't any good), but that just pretty much falls in line with everything this staff has been doing for months now. None of them seem to have a clue on most things.

Absolutely.

And this is one of many reasons why my faith/optimism about this coaching staff is waning significantly, even just two games into the year - and I'm someone who believes a team/staff should be given some time to get their bearings straight. But this is concerning, especially decisions like this, which are so blatantly misguided and wrong.

It just reeks of poor talent evaluators and ineptitude from the coaching staff. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Cisco play at least half or more of the snaps yesterday and he played Very Well in my opinion. I understand that the coaching staff wants a veteran at the position and I too understand that Wingard is playing Very Good also w/respect to the run defense.

Cisco wasn't ready as Cullin previously eluded to and maybe it pertained to his recovery. Nevertheless, if he can play now, Let Him Play.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-20-2021, 07:44 AM)NH3 Wrote: Cisco play at least half or more of the snaps yesterday and he played Very Well in my opinion. I understand that the coaching staff wants a veteran at the position and I too understand that Wingard is playing Very Good also w/respect to the run defense.

Cisco wasn't ready as Cullin previously eluded to and maybe it pertained to his recovery. Nevertheless, if he can play now, Let Him Play.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
Bahahaha

No he's not.

(09-20-2021, 08:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 07:44 AM)NH3 Wrote: Cisco play at least half or more of the snaps yesterday and he played Very Well in my opinion. I understand that the coaching staff wants a veteran at the position and I too understand that Wingard is playing Very Good also w/respect to the run defense.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
Bahahaha

No he's not.

Opinions-R-Us

NH3...
"AZANE"

We have to be seeing Cisco sooner than later. Wingard is showing flashes here and there, but not consistently enough to really make a difference. We need a change.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-20-2021, 01:06 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

At this stage I think the only reasoning can be that the coach is uncomfortable playing rookies or putting a heavy workload on them.

Wingard had a safety blitz assigned yesterday.

He was supposed to disguise it. He didn't.
He gave it away early and got blocked, overran the QB, then awkwardly ran back to the QB to help clean up someone else's sack. Then he jumped around like he sacked the QB.

*facepalm

(09-20-2021, 11:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wingard had a safety blitz assigned yesterday.

He was supposed to disguise it.  He didn't.
He gave it away early and got blocked, overran the QB, then awkwardly ran back to the QB to help clean up  someone else's sack. Then he jumped around like he sacked the QB.

*facepalm

so what I'm hearing here is the play ended up in a sack. That's good!

I saw a number of telegraphed blitzes on both sides of the ball.

...If Cisco were the one to telegraph his blitz, get picked up and the play still resulted in a sack, the board would be praising his selfless ability to draw the blocks so that others could make a big play.

Every Jag fan on this board right now.
[Image: 242677836_10216398595112165_383465420078...e=61736CCE]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-08-2021, 09:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 03:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I remember he thumped Ladanian Tomlinson hard early in a game, and LT was not a factor after that. He was running timid.

Top 5 DD hits:

2.  Hit on then Jets TE Kyle Brady, 1998 playoffs.  My buddy thought he literally KILLED Brady

4.  Hit on Robert Ferguson at GB, 2004.  He caught a lot of flak nationally for his clothesline of Ferguson, but he was not a dirty player.  Truth be told, had that hit occurred in the 70s, it would have been celebrated in an NFL Films reel.

5.  ???!?

He laid keyshawn out too

(09-24-2021, 11:21 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 09:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Top 5 DD hits:

5.  ???!?

He laid keyshawn out too

That 2003 game versus the Chargers DD also had two 15 yard penalties.

Despite my sharp criticism of Wingard, I'm glad he snagged an INT with Murray forcing the ball deep.

I do not want 42 playing FS for my team, but last week was passable and this week he's been mostly just playing wayyyy off to limit homeruns but it is mostly working so far