Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andre Cisco - Rd3, Pick 65

(09-26-2021, 02:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I do not want 42 playing FS for my team, but last week was passable and this week he's been mostly just playing wayyyy off to limit homeruns but it is mostly working so far

He's clearly wiffed badly on 3 tackles today.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cisco is the future at the FS position.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Its time to put Cisco in for Dew-man.

I've had it with Wingard. I'd rather our rookie commit the mistakes especially if he actually provides an opportunity to create gamechanging plays for us.

It was time 6 weeks ago

Beyond shocked by the limited amount of plays that he has gotten at the safety position thus far.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I don't get it either.  The only thing I can imagine is that Cisco must look completely awful in practice.  Wingard's play is terrible.

I agree that even if Cisco makes the occasional rookie mistake, at least he would be learning and we would be building for the future.

(11-14-2021, 11:34 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I don't get it either.  The only thing I can imagine is that Cisco must look completely awful in practice.  Wingard's play is terrible.

I agree that even if Cisco makes the occasional rookie mistake, at least he would be learning and we would be building for the future.

It just doesn't make sense, because you're right that Wingard has been awful.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wingard playing way deep, the defense plays great even playing with only 10 men. Let cisco have a chance

Clearly Wingard was a better option

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...46596?s=20

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 01:01 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-05-2021, 12:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I find it odd that theres so little conversation about this pick. I know hes coming off an ACL but man this was such a steal.

I stand by this.

(01-10-2022, 12:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Clearly Wingard was a better option

As Sheldon would say that's sarcasm right?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Yup, he had ball production for days in College, would be foolish to think it wouldn't transfer over into the NFL. Dude averaged better than a turnover every other game. 15 takeaways in 24 games.

This was entirely a "Freshmen don't play over Seniors" situation they pulled here with this bull [BLEEP]. Cisco should have been starting over Wingard from day one. A bunch of us fans were pounding the table for him to play from the jump and all he did was confirm that we were right. While it really was just a 3 game sample size, he flashed constantly throughout those 3 games (just like he did in the preseason as well).

Good luck prying the FS position from Cisco.

(01-10-2022, 01:22 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

Yup, he had ball production for days in College, would be foolish to think it wouldn't transfer over into the NFL. Dude averaged better than a turnover every other game. 15 takeaways in 24 games.

This was entirely a "Freshmen don't play over Seniors" situation they pulled here with this bull [BLEEP]. Cisco should have been starting over Wingard from day one. A bunch of us fans were pounding the table for him to play from the jump and all he did was confirm that we were right. While it really was just a 3 game sample size, he flashed constantly throughout those 3 games (just like he did in the preseason as well).

It might also suggest that he learned some things while being on the sideline or getting reps primarily in practice.
We the fans have little idea how he was early in the year. I think we've seen through Campbell that Cullen and his secondary coaches are very capable of realizing player strengths and also adapting their scheme to get productivity out of them.

I do believe that Cisco should have seen the field a lot more as the season played on, but I also wasn't in favor of throwing him to the wolves if he wasn't ready. We've done that before and some of those guys never get out of the bad habits that they develop early on.

I think it's safe to say the spot is his to lose from this point forward.

If you want to keep picking #1 in the draft, then yes, we need to stick with Wingard.  If you take a look at that play, where Cisco forced the fumble, I'd much rather have my defender standing 20 yards back in the opponents end zone to prevent TD passes in running and short yard situations.