Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Day 3 at the draft

(05-01-2021, 11:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is what I am suspecting. He didn't look that fat and slow in the NCG. That is concerning he could gain so much weight in such a short time.
Exactly.

But considering how poorly this DT class is being perceived by NFL teams, I'm now wondering whether Brown's performance was inflated, especially in light of this weight discussion.

You may be right.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2021, 11:12 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, I think he let his weight get a little out of control.  If he weighed the same at his pro day I'd be more concerned.  He lost lile 20 lbs though in between which shows me he took the criticism seriously.  I also have faith in our new coaching staff to keep him in shape

That's what scares me about Brown. How disciplined can he be when he lets his weight fluctuate like that? He showed up at the Senior Bowl, (arguably the biggest opportunity of his life) and he looked like a fat, slob. He was slow, out of shape and was constantly getting whipped all week. If we draft him, can we trust him to stay in shape? If he didn't take take the Senior bowl seriously when he knew scouts and coaches from all 32 teams would be there, how do we know he would take the NFL seriously once he gets paid? That is a major red flag to me.

I just think it's the Orlandon Brown situation.  I feel after he won a title he took a little break and it got out of hand.  I feel he knows he made a mistake and it showed on his pro day

(05-01-2021, 11:38 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Guys... what is everyone's confidence level with Urban and Trent's drafting thus far? I mean, I love the first two picks, and I am a big supporter of Urban. But... I'm just not very confident at this point that Urban is following through with a mastermind plan. If you ask me, the second and third round picks appear to be a little amateur. I'm not trying to prematurely judge, it just seems a little desperate and simple. I hope I'm wrong, and Urban proves to be the genius we all want him to be.

What does everyone on this board think?

I'm with you, The only one i am coming around on is Walker Little. He was going to be 1st if he was healthy and didn't miss 2 years.

As far as Tyson Campbell... this is going to be bad pick i think. i don't see how this guy lives up to that spot he was picked. 

Cisco is a risk... i am 50/50 on if it's going to work or not. He is a highly aggressive guy - he could get burned at this level playing the same way. He's either going to be a turnover machine or a major disapointment. we'll see where it ends up.

(05-01-2021, 11:38 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Guys... what is everyone's confidence level with Urban and Trent's drafting thus far? I mean, I love the first two picks, and I am a big supporter of Urban. But... I'm just not very confident at this point that Urban is following through with a mastermind plan. If you ask me, the second and third round picks appear to be a little amateur. I'm not trying to prematurely judge, it just seems a little desperate and simple. I hope I'm wrong, and Urban proves to be the genius we all want him to be.

Baalke dropped the ball.

Trevor wasn't really a pick since that's a no brainer.

I would say anyone looking at it objectively would say it's a mediocre to poor draft.
Alot of low ceiling guys who lack elite NFL athleticism.

Passed up on guys like Jayson Oweh (6-4 257 lbs. 4.36 40, 6.83 3 Cone)

And if you were going to draft a pass catching back should have gone for Najee Harris.

(05-01-2021, 11:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Is that Dilla guy saying anything about who our next pick might be?
He’s been posting about Cox and some DTs.

Looks like no one really has a good feel for what they’ll do to start today.

Hoping for G/C pick with one of our 4th's today, Daiyvon Nixon, Brevin Jordan or Jabril Cox.

I'd be happy with Twyman

(05-01-2021, 11:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Is that Dilla guy saying anything about who our next pick might be?
He’s been posting about Cox and some DTs.

Looks like no one really has a good feel for what they’ll do to start today.

well this guy was spot on yesterday when i didn't want him to be... today, i hope he is and we'll end up with Nixon or Cox - major score!

Yeah sounds like he might be slightly hinting he thinks it's Cox.

Not good. 

This draft stinks of Baalke's penchant for drafting injured players. It ruined the 49ers when he was there and he still hasn't learned. And it's made worse by the fact that we based our #25 pick on a want rather than a need, which set all of our subsequent picks back by one.

Meyers is learning so he has an excuse. Baalke has no excuse.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 11:56 AM by Jagulars.)

Possibly a RT today to compete with Taylor? At least security in case Taylor shows no improvements in his 2nd season.

(05-01-2021, 11:56 AM)Jagulars Wrote: Possibly a RT today to compete with Taylor?  At least security in case Taylor shows no improvements in his 2nd season.

we have Little now to push either one of them... wouldn't it be wiser to take a C/G to push the other guys? We'll have solid depth across the line if that's the case.

(05-01-2021, 11:56 AM)Jagulars Wrote: Possibly a RT today to compete with Taylor?  At least security in case Taylor shows no improvements in his 2nd season.

If we can find a good OT after we get a DT/DE, TE, I'm good with that. OL guys get injured - I'd love more depth.

(05-01-2021, 11:52 AM)Sibelius Wrote:

Not good. 

This draft stinks of Baalke's penchant for drafting injured players. It ruined the 49ers when he was there and he still hasn't learned. And it's made worse by the fact that we based our #25 pick on a want rather than a need, which set all of our subsequent picks back by one.

Baalke has never been good. He destroyed the 49ers and pushed Jim Harbaugh out.
His draft record is horrible.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 12:03 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

I think if the Jags trade for Ertz, this could soften the poor sentiment towards the draft

Or make it worse, depending on how you view getting Ertz

(05-01-2021, 12:00 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:52 AM)Sibelius Wrote: Not good. 

Baalke has never been good. He destroyed the 49ers and pushed Jim Hsarbaugh out.
His draft record is horrible.

When Baalke started with the 49ers they were on top of the world. By the time he left they were ranked the worst sports franchise in North America by ESPN.

Watch the 4th pick be traded to Eagles...

(05-01-2021, 12:03 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: I think if the Jags trade for Ertz, this could soften the poor sentiment towards the draft

Or make it worse, depending on how you view getting Ertz

Maybe a little for me. I still think the draft has been sub par. If they choose well today it might move up to the level of mediocre for me.

(05-01-2021, 07:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 07:34 AM)Ordar Wrote: I guess it depends if they trade for a TE. Meyer in the press conference yesterday was visibly annoyed with the current TE situation. Jordan isn’t the best player available, but they might have to just take him, to give us something at the position.

That seems pointless to me.  If he's not the best player available in ROUND 4, what's the point of wasting a pick like that?  I'd much rather wait for training camp cuts, or something like that.  Reaching in round 4?  No.  Not me.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  I'd rather not waste draft picks at this point.  Stick to value.  Any good value pick in round 4 can make this team and contribute.  We're not all that talented yet.  

Now, if he actually is good value at that pick, then by all means, pick him.  I'm just reacting to your idea of reaching.

You mean you'd rather not waste them any more than we already have?

Let's go "JJ's" lol