Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
VIKINGS VS. JAGUARS

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 01:10 PM by spacecoastjag.)

A tale of two teams.......

Minnesota 2015 (11-5)  -  Scoring Offense- 16th, Scoring Defense- 5th

Jacksonville 2015 (5-11)- Scoring Offense- 14th, Scoring Defense- 31st

Minnesota 2016 (2-0)- Scoring Defense- 5th

Jacksonville 2016 (0-2)- Scoring Defense- 28th

Stevie Wonder could figure out what Gus "the defensive guru" Bradley's problem is. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Didn't you start another thread a little bit ago with the same thing?

Quote:Didn't you start another thread a little bit ago with the same thing?

Nope. Completely different.

The Vikings can win with 14 TD throwing Teddy Bridgewater, Shaun Hill, and Sam Bradford. 

We have a 30 TD+ passing QB and are an 11 loss team. 

Defense means everything. 

Quote:The Vikings can win with 14 TD throwing Teddy Bridgewater, Shaun Hill, and Sam Bradford. 

We have a 30 TD+ passing QB and are an 11 loss team. 

Defense means everything. 
It's very important, however, Blake was just as awful yesterday. 

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 01:40 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:It's very important, however, Blake was just as awful yesterday. 

I can easily make the argument that the defense was worse, I can't recall the last time I saw a 5 yard drag turn into a 40+ yd TD, certainly not at this level. Poz and Skuta were caught covering burners multiple times, the pass rush was largely ineffective, but at least we made up for it by not stopping the run. The offense and Blake were certainly disappointing yesterday, but i expect more out of a defense that has the vast resources invested into it.

Quote:I can easily make the argument that the defense was worse, I can't recall the last time I saw a 5 yard drag turn into a 40+ yd TD, certainly not at this level. Poz and Skuta were caught covering burners multiple times, the pass rush was largely ineffective, but at least we made up for it by not stopping the run. The offense and Blake were certainly disappointing yesterday, but i expect more out of a defense that his the vast resources invested into it.

All the offense has to do is run a drag route and they get whichever player they want matched up with Poz, Skuta or Cyprien.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:It's very important, however, Blake was just as awful yesterday. 

Agreed. But at the end of the season, Bortles will throw 30+ TDs and be a Top 10 QB and Gus' defense will be a bottom 5 defense.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 02:03 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:All the offense has to do is run a drag route and they get whichever player they want matched up with Poz, Skuta or Cyprien.

Yea it reminds me of  a comment Josh McDaniel's made to the Boston media last year in preparation for the jags-Pats game, he was trying to praise Bradley but said "you know they don't play 1000 different things". To me that's the problem as it obvious offensive coordinators know what the Jaguars are going to do, and whey they're going to do it. The Jags don't necessarily need to "play 1000 different things", but when you don't have the personnel (like Seattle) to lineup and kick their a$$ in the trenches you have to mix it up, this team currently doesn't have the personnel (at edge rusher or in the line-backing core) to sit back in that cover-3 zone look, good offensive coordinators (like Ken Whisenhunt & McDaniel's) are going to attack that all day long, this team needs to mix up it's coverage's and the looks it's giving to offenses, it's become obvious what they're doing is recognizable (pre-snap) and the offenses are attacking accordingly.

Quote:Agreed. But at the end of the season, Bortles will throw 30+ TDs and be a Top 10 QB and Gus' defense will be a bottom 5 defense.
Not disputing Blake is fine, but yesterday was a team wide epidimic of putrid play. 

Quote:Nope. Completely different.

You're pointing out defense being the problem, not Blake, and you even mention Minnesota in the other thread.

I agree with you point but I was just confused about what was different between the two.