Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Grade the draft
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]

Rookie NFL Coach picks like a rookie NFL coach

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:29 PM by Ronster.)

Thank God for Trevor Lawrence, or this draft would be a joke. So many needs and the rookie NFL Coach picks a RB in the first round that he could have gotten in the third round. I hope he coaches games better than he drafts. Draft Grade C-

What’s your overall grade?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A++++++++
Excellent draft

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:21 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(05-01-2021, 02:11 PM)Ronster Wrote: Thank God for Trevor Lawrence, or this draft would be a joke. So many needs and the rookie NFL Coach picks a RB in the first round that he could have gotten in the third round. I hope he coaches games better than he drafts. Draft Grade C-

HahahaaaaahahahHaaaaa

(05-01-2021, 02:14 PM)jagshype Wrote: A++++++++
Excellent draft

Same here

Don't we still have one more pick?

(05-01-2021, 02:23 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Don't we still have one more pick?

Yes...209...6th rounder...thanks to the trade with the Rams.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-01-2021, 02:23 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Don't we still have one more pick?

Does it matter at this point?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-01-2021, 02:11 PM)Ronster Wrote: Thank God for Trevor Lawrence, or this draft would be a joke. So many needs and the rookie NFL Coach picks a RB in the first round that he could have gotten in the third round. I hope he coaches games better than he drafts. Draft Grade C-

Trevor Lawrence A+
ETN B
Campbell C
Little B-
Cisco B+
Ronster F-
Tebow A+
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-01-2021, 02:31 PM)Ronster Wrote:

Does it matter at this point?

Yes! maybe we can get a 35 year old long snapper!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Needs?

They've been clear it's value, not need. 

Discuss the value of the picks instead.

(05-01-2021, 02:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:31 PM)Ronster Wrote: Does it matter at this point?

Yes! maybe we can get a 35 year old long snapper!

Hahaha!!

Lawrence will be great. He is like signing your name on the SAT. Your grade is really based on what happens after that.

I give it a C
I like the next 5 players and think they will contribute. Where they were picked and who we could have secured instead drops the grade. The strategy element of the draft was a failure in my opinion. We consistently failed to align need and value, even when it was staring us in the face.

We did secure some talented pieces that will help a bit this year. Some of these picks may allow long term flexibility and depth, but do not feel like they fill immediate needs.

They are all Jags now. Hopefully they are on their way to the hall of fame.

(05-01-2021, 02:33 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:

Needs?

They've been clear it's value, not need. 

Discuss the value of the picks instead.

I agree they stuck to their value board. I significantly disagree with where they ranked a lot of these players though. Overall probably a C- draft since they don't get credit for Tlaw.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 02:40 PM by MoJagFan.)

Value is average. Seems the guy lived up to the injury hidden gem GM. Stuck with wait and see approach.

Honestly we had consensus A+ drafts under Caldwell and we couldn't retain the players. I am hoping for the best.

Edit:
I sure hope we don't get the first overall pick again. The team blew the value of picking first every round. This team never trades back and retains value. Our haul from the Ramsey trade doesn't even come close to what we lost in talent. 

This franchise has a lot to prove.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Our HC doesn't select the players. He gives input BUT the GM makes those decisions.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Many in the media have loved our draft. I don't get all the hate.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 03:25 PM by FabianLF.)

B-. We addressed most of our needs

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 03:40 PM by Ronster.)

(05-01-2021, 03:13 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Many in the media have loved our draft. I don't get all the hate.

Well then, if the media loved it.... lol

(05-01-2021, 03:39 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 03:13 PM)Dimson Wrote: Many in the media have loved our draft. I don't get all the hate.

Well then, if the media loved it.... lol

They used to like Gene Smith drafts too
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

A terrible draft outside the guy that almost everyone of us would've taken.

Almost every pick had better talent at positions of greater need available.

A shame to think how Gene Smith-like this draft was.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-01-2021, 03:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 03:39 PM)Ronster Wrote: Well then, if the media loved it.... lol

They used to like Gene Smith drafts too

We were pretty universally panned for the Alualu and Anger picks iirc.