Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Grade the draft
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]

Rookie NFL Coach picks like a rookie NFL coach

If you drafted straight off those consensus mock draft lists that compiles and averages all big boards I guarantee you would do better than half the teams in the league.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2021, 06:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 05:41 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: IMO this draft was a "Solid B" because the coaches and front office know what the teams needs are and know what they have more than we do. They did the evaluations, and I trust them. My grades are based on the player and not where he was drafted at.

Trevor Lawrence A++
Travis Etienne A-
Tyson Campbell B
Walker Little B
Andre Cisco B
Jay Tufele B+

Jordan Smith C+

Luke Farrell C

Jalen Camp C-

Steal for me out of these picks was Jay Tufele.

I like those grades.. Down to Earth..
Thanks... IMO time will tell, but over all I like what they did. I had Tufele ranked late second early third rounder. 

Out of the first three rounds the players fell right around their respected rankings.

Walker little is one to watch, if he can get to form we have a LT for the next decade IMO.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Love how people say our picks didnt meet value based on a big board from “draft experts” who couldnt land a gm job if they dedicated their life to scou... oh wait they do.

(05-01-2021, 06:53 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 03:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A terrible draft outside the guy that almost everyone of us would've taken.

Almost every pick had better talent at positions of greater need available.

A shame to think how Gene Smith-like this draft was.

Wasn't very Gene Smith at all.  Most of the players were picked around where they should have gone, with a couple of exceptions.  (Luke Farrell)  We only traded up once, and only gave up a 5th and a 7th (and got a 6th in return).  Gene Smith would've traded next year's 2nd to pick in the 3rd this year.

There's a post up there that details how pretty much every pick was over-drafted. Reaches galore in this draft and very few impact players after Lawrence.

(05-01-2021, 08:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 02:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Trevor Lawrence A+
ETN B
Campbell C
Little B-
Cisco B+
Ronster F-
Tebow A+

you're grading is low compared to the what professional analyst say... I think I'll go with the professionals say...

(05-01-2021, 03:13 PM)Dimson Wrote: Many in the media have loved our draft. I don't get all the hate.

it's because they'll never be happy.... most of these guys if our team doesn't pick exactly who they wanted they're going to complain... as somehow they're smarter than the professionals

That's because this board has consistently picked better that the so-called professionals for nearly two decades.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-02-2021, 05:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...0233716746

Which is fine. The draft isn't about filling roster spots this year. We'll see if the guys they took are great players, if they are then you can find other players to fill roster spots, especially being first in the waiver claim order. But you should never use a draft pick to take a lesser player just to fill a roster spot.

(05-02-2021, 05:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 05:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...0233716746

Which is fine. The draft isn't about filling roster spots this year. We'll see if the guys they took are great players, if they are then you can find other players to fill roster spots, especially being first in the waiver claim order. But you should never use a draft pick to take a lesser player just to fill a roster spot.

Most people are saying the quote isn't true, who knows? kinda funny though
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 05:30 PM by SeldomRite.)

(05-02-2021, 05:22 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 05:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Which is fine. The draft isn't about filling roster spots this year. We'll see if the guys they took are great players, if they are then you can find other players to fill roster spots, especially being first in the waiver claim order. But you should never use a draft pick to take a lesser player just to fill a roster spot.

Most people are saying the quote isn't true, who knows? kinda funny though

Before the draft I'd say the team had need for TE, safety, offensive tackle, and defensive tackle. After the draft we maybe partially addressed safety and offensive tackle. Still have at least some need at all four of those positions.

(05-01-2021, 03:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A terrible draft outside the guy that almost everyone of us would've taken.

I think that's going a little far.  Gene Smith was known for taking small school players. With one exception, all nine of our draft picks came from power 5 conferences.

(05-02-2021, 06:17 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

I think that's going a little far.  Gene Smith was known for taking small school players. With one exception, all nine of our draft picks came from power 5 conferences.

True, I meant it more in a "smartest man in the room" way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-02-2021, 07:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: True, I meant it more in a "smartest man in the room" way.

I don't think that was Gene Smith at all, if there was one thing about it he seemed very humble and unassuming. I think he simply thought he found a market inefficiency a la Billy Beane with Moneyball, and he wound up being very wrong.

I gave it a C.

TLaw is doing a lot of the heavy lifting. If this draft was to focus on immediate contributors early, we took a change of pace RB, a corner after we just threw a bunch of cash at a guy to play opposite Henderson, and a tackle two years out from FB with history of injury as our top picks. There's a ton of dice being rolled on those picks.

I hope the picks pan out, but there was little to say that this was a special darft, especially considering the advantageous spot we were in. Frankly, if TLaw hits, the rest of the picks don't matter all that much. If the other picks hit, though, it will make his job a whole lot easier.

I was listening to 1010XL this morning and they had Boselii on; and all them were trying to put on the happy face about the draft, but you could tell they were kinda of bummed with the draft. I think most people expected better. This city deserves better. We had a treasure trove of draft picks and what did the Jags really get? maybe two or three starters, including Trevor...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-03-2021, 09:12 AM)Ronster Wrote: I was listening to 1010XL this morning and they had Boselii on; and all them were trying to put on the happy face about the draft, but you could tell they were kinda of bummed with the draft. I think most people expected better. This city deserves better. We had a treasure trove of draft picks and what did the Jags really get? maybe two or three starters, including Trevor...

So they all said they liked our draft but you can read their thoughts so you know they really didn't.   Got it.

(05-01-2021, 02:11 PM)Ronster Wrote: Thank God for Trevor Lawrence, or this draft would be a joke. So many needs and the rookie NFL Coach picks a RB in the first round that he could have gotten in the third round. I hope he coaches games better than he drafts. Draft Grade C-

What’s your overall grade?

Question:

1.  What constitutes a rookie NFL coach?

2.  How does a "rookie NFL coach" draft?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-03-2021, 09:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 09:12 AM)Ronster Wrote: I was listening to 1010XL this morning and they had Boselii on; and all them were trying to put on the happy face about the draft, but you could tell they were kinda of bummed with the draft. I think most people expected better. This city deserves better. We had a treasure trove of draft picks and what did the Jags really get? maybe two or three starters, including Trevor...

So they all said they liked our draft but you can read their thoughts so you know they really didn't.   Got it.

They were not enthusiastic, they were like meh... Don't be coy, you know what I mean.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

If we get three starters--one of which is a franchise QB--then this is a home run draft.

Between free agency and the draft, the team got a whole lot better.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 09:32 AM by Jag88.)

I liked the jags draft but we will not know until around December this year. Its exciting times. I cant wait until preseason.

(05-03-2021, 09:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Consider the source.. 

#BecauseRonster
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-03-2021, 09:32 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 09:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So they all said they liked our draft but you can read their thoughts so you know they really didn't.   Got it.

Consider the source.. 

#BecauseRonsterRocks

#BecauseRonsterRocks there you go, fixed.

(05-03-2021, 09:36 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 09:32 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Consider the source.. 

#BecauseRonsterRocks

#BecauseRonsterSmokesRocks there you go, fixed.

[Image: SaKG4.gif]