Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Grade the draft
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]

Rookie NFL Coach picks like a rookie NFL coach

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 09:41 AM by RicoTx.)

Draft 'grades' are so subjective...for every team.  I'd really like to see a comparison over the years with these 'grades' and how the players actually panned out.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Picking a RB in the first round, drafting three players in a row who played a combined two games in 2020, and pretty much ignoring the TE position makes you a look like a rookie NFL coach.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 09:53 AM by homebiscuit.)

People are hungry for football discussion, I get it. In-depth conversation and fantastical speculation abounds if a player simply changes their shoelace configuration from right over left to left over right. The fact of the matter is draft selection is a crapshoot beyond the first round and a half. Even the first round selections are a 50/50 shot.

Some people are getting too invested in this. The fact of the matter is NO ONE knows for sure how any of the drafts shake out until one, sometimes two, seasons in.

One thing is for certain... If Ronster doesn't like our draft, that definitely makes me like our draft just a little bit more.

(05-03-2021, 10:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: One thing is for certain... If Ronster doesn't like our draft, that definitely makes me like our draft just a little bit more.

Absolutely.

Although he was dead-on calling everybody idiots for not liking our 'Super Bowl MVP quarterback'.  Oh....wait...

(05-03-2021, 10:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: One thing is for certain... If Ronster doesn't like our draft, that definitely makes me like our draft just a little bit more.

Ha.... that was so funny, I'm sure some of your fellow mental midgets on this board will find that funny. But what it really does is show you to be a small little man without anything intelligent to add to the conversation. You just want to be nasty... fine, you were nasty, have a nice day...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-04-2021, 09:50 AM)Ronster Wrote:

Ha.... that was so funny, I'm sure some of your fellow mental midgets on this board will find that funny. But what it really does is show you to be a small little man without anything intelligent to add to the conversation. You just want to be nasty... fine, you were nasty, have a nice day...

Maybe you should boycott Eric..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Blind squirrels and broken clocks my friend.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-04-2021, 09:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 09:50 AM)Ronster Wrote: Ha.... that was so funny, I'm sure some of your fellow mental midgets on this board will find that funny. But what it really does is show you to be a small little man without anything intelligent to add to the conversation. You just want to be nasty... fine, you were nasty, have a nice day...

Maybe you should boycott Eric..

Way to spread the ugliness Dinglberry..

Just way too much of

"Well I know this kid..." crap.

No, you don't. You REALLY don't. You don't know crap about these kids because they know how to play the game and play you like a fool. They ain't kids anymore, Urbs... they are men. You're not dealing with mommy and daddy. You're dealing with a man with a wife and kids to take care of that makes more money than you do and doesn't care about your credentials.

(05-04-2021, 10:29 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 09:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Maybe you should boycott Eric..

Way to spread the ugliness Dinglberry..

I guess you just don't read your own posts..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

You should take it to the streets!

(05-04-2021, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 09:50 AM)Ronster Wrote: Ha.... that was so funny, I'm sure some of your fellow mental midgets on this board will find that funny. But what it really does is show you to be a small little man without anything intelligent to add to the conversation. You just want to be nasty... fine, you were nasty, have a nice day...
You should take it to the streets!

Que up some Michael McDonald led Doobie Brothers...

You don't know me but I'm your brother
I was raised here in this living hell
You don't know my kind in your world
Fairly soon the time will tell
You
Telling me the things you're gonna do for me
I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see
(takin' it to the streets)
Takin' it to the streets
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I'd rather not try and have an "intelligent" conversation with somebody who's first and only retort was "you're all idiots who don't know anything, he's a Super Bowl MVP and he's going to lead us to the SB", when people talked about how Foles was an awful signing and that he wasn't any good.

So spare me your blabbering ok, thanks.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 03:55 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

So is Urban Meyer just the latest in subpar head coaches of the Jaguars? This thread man!

(05-04-2021, 03:49 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: So is Urban Meyer just the next subpar head coach of the Jaguars? This thread man!

The odds favor exactly that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 04:08 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-04-2021, 03:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 03:49 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: So is Urban Meyer just the next subpar head coach of the Jaguars? This thread man!

The odds favor exactly that.

Increased exponentially based on UM's personality. He is not going to change his mindset for anyone - he thinks the College mentality is okay...

(05-03-2021, 09:47 AM)Ronster Wrote: Picking a RB in the first round, drafting three players in a row who played a combined two games in 2020, and pretty much ignoring the TE position makes you a look like a rookie NFL coach.

No, it's worse than that. A rookie HC usually tries to fix holes by reaching for players based on need.

This guy straight up got on the table, spit on the scouts (who he fired immediately after) and screamed, "I SMARTEST MAN EVER LIVE EVERS!"

(05-04-2021, 04:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 03:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The odds favor exactly that.

Increased exponentially based on UM's personality. He is not going to change his mindset for anyone - he thinks the College mentality is okay...

(05-03-2021, 09:47 AM)Ronster Wrote: Picking a RB in the first round, drafting three players in a row who played a combined two games in 2020, and pretty much ignoring the TE position makes you a look like a rookie NFL coach.

No, it's worse than that. A rookie HC usually tries to fix holes by reaching for players based on need.

This guy straight up got on the table, spit on the scouts (who he fired immediately after) and screamed, "I SMARTEST MAN EVER LIVE EVERS!"

Damn you say some stupid [BLEEP].

(05-01-2021, 03:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 03:39 PM)Ronster Wrote: Well then, if the media loved it.... lol

They used to like Gene Smith drafts too

I remember poor grades for most of Genes drafts

(05-04-2021, 03:49 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: So is Urban Meyer just the latest in subpar head coaches of the Jaguars? This thread man!

IDK Man, I hope not. I hope this draft turns out to be genius. Only time will tell.