Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Round 5 TE Luke Farrell

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 10:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

The Bills are hating us right now lol. Got Etienne too who the Bills wanted in the first

https://twitter.com/BfloFanatics/status/...45058?s=19

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I cant wait until the draft debates "complaining" is over. Time to move on and get over it.

(05-04-2021, 01:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I cant wait until the draft debates "complaining" is over. Time to move on and get over it.

Imagine complaining about complaining..

(05-04-2021, 02:23 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 01:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I cant wait until the draft debates "complaining" is over. Time to move on and get over it.

Imagine complaining about complaining..

Just saying haha

(05-03-2021, 10:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 09:42 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: If Farrell can open up some holes being a blocking TE, the pick would be well worth it, IMO..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.c...53280/Amp/

Oh God ... this explains it ....

Statement from Urban
"Well, he's from my hometown — he's from right outside my hometown, so his peoples are my people, so I know those are all wonderful people in that area, Perry, Ohio," Meyer said. "So I love Luke. I love his family. He is a plus-two mentality, all the way. He is a worker, a grinder and to see him where he is at, from where he came — he's brilliant ... he's tough."

The last time I heard something this idiotic was when the Dolphins shocked the world by selected Ted Ginn Jr with  the #9 pick.  The GM stated that he was good friends with the Ginn family so they knew exactly what they were getting with Ted.

I can remember visiting nearby Painesville Speedway when I was a kid. On a clear day you could see the cooling towers from Perry, always made me a bit uneasy, as it was late 80's and Chernobyl was still fresh on everyone's mind.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 08:56 AM by Mikey.)

(05-03-2021, 12:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 10:22 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Oh God ... this explains it ....

Statement from Urban
"Well, he's from my hometown — he's from right outside my hometown, so his peoples are my people, so I know those are all wonderful people in that area, Perry, Ohio," Meyer said. "So I love Luke. I love his family. He is a plus-two mentality, all the way. He is a worker, a grinder and to see him where he is at, from where he came — he's brilliant ... he's tough."

The last time I heard something this idiotic was when the Dolphins shocked the world by selected Ted Ginn Jr with  the #9 pick.  The GM stated that he was good friends with the Ginn family so they knew exactly what they were getting with Ted.

This verifies every fear I had about hiring Urban Meyer in the first place. This may be the most boneheaded statement of any head coach in our team's history! Fans were already questioning the pick and his complete lack of production as a pass catcher in college. Meyer basically admits TE was a need, so he drafted Farrell because he knew him and he was a good person who showed toughness? What does that have to do with his ability to play football? I know a lot of good, tough people who have no business being on a football field. Why would Meyer admit this? It makes him look like an incompetent fool! Especially in the 5th round where much, much, much better players were on the board. If he would have said this about Farrell after taking him in round 7, I would have said, "oh well, that's typical," but there were still two full rounds left in the draft when Farrell was picked and a lot of value still on the board! Unbelievable!

Where is all the outrage from the people on the board who strictly want BAP? This was obviously a needs pick and Meyer just admitted it.

Why pay scouts, right? Had this been pick 249, I could see giving Urbz a luxury pick to throw at his pet player that he didn't want to end up in UDFA.

Ah well, hope the kid can cover kicks, he'll be putting a lot of time in on special teams.

(05-03-2021, 01:55 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 12:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This verifies every fear I had about hiring Urban Meyer in the first place. This may be the most boneheaded statement of any head coach in our team's history! Fans were already questioning the pick and his complete lack of production as a pass catcher in college. Meyer basically admits TE was a need, so he drafted Farrell because he knew him and he was a good person who showed toughness? What does that have to do with his ability to play football? I know a lot of good, tough people who have no business being on a football field. Why would Meyer admit this? It makes him look like an incompetent fool! Especially in the 5th round where much, much, much better players were on the board. If he would have said this about Farrell after taking him in round 7, I would have said, "oh well, that's typical," but there were still two full rounds left in the draft when Farrell was picked and a lot of value still on the board! Unbelievable!

Where is all the outrage from the people on the board who strictly want BAP? This was obviously a needs pick and Meyer just admitted it.

Meyer is very transparent. He has nothing to hide. Even the local beat guys have said how refreshingly open and transparent he is.

Like when he said "We want him here" about Taven's fifth year?
Or how we were getting immediate starters out of the draft?
Or how we were focusing on value over need in the darft?

Jag fans have been complaining for 10 years now.  You know what .... for the most part, the fans have been right.

(05-04-2021, 09:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Jag fans have been complaining for 10 years now.  You know what .... for the most part, the fans have been right.

10?

Are you new?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]