Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Round 5 TE Luke Farrell

Just take a look at who the WRs were during his tenure at Ohio State
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 08:09 PM by chris hill.)

Dont make sense why not just put Collin Johnson at TE put Luke Farrell at WR.. Both are 6-6 but Johnsons 227 to Lukes puny 210 frame lol.. Johnson just needs to add 20 pounds thats all..

Johnson can’t block. Luke is regarded as the best blocking TE in the draft.

Obviously they want more holes opened up for Robs and ETN..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-01-2021, 11:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Johnson can’t block. Luke is regarded as the best blocking TE in the draft.

Link? by who exactly?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-01-2021, 08:08 PM)chris hill Wrote: Dont make sense why not just put Collin Johnson at TE put Luke Farrell at WR.. Both are 6-6 but Johnsons 227 to Lukes puny 210 frame lol.. Johnson just needs to add 20 pounds thats all..

Farrell weighs 251 pounds not 210.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 12:03 AM by JagFanatic24.)

(05-01-2021, 11:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Johnson can’t block. Luke is regarded as the best blocking TE in the draft.

Link? by who exactly?

Nick Farabagh also said it.

Kent Lee Platte also said he scored 8.62 RAS, out of a possible 10, which ranked 129 out of 929 TE’s dating back to 1987.

Dan Hope also said his blocking and special teams play will give him a long professional career in the NFL.

Dan Hope also tweeted that Kevin Wilson said some NFL scouts said Farrell was the best blocking TE in the draft.

Kevin Wilson also said “He’s the 2nd best TE I’ve ever coached.” @OSUCoachKDUB

-Now, QUICK, go log on twitter and fact check me!

The link below will require you to scroll down....

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=luke...r%5Esearch

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 12:00 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(05-01-2021, 11:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Link? by who exactly?

Urban Meyer was quoted saying this, and Nick Farabagh also said it.

Kent Lee Platte also said he scored 8.62 RAS, out of a possible 10, which ranked 129 out of 929 TE’s dating back to 1987.

Dan Hope also said his blocking and special teams play will give him a long professional career in the NFL.

So the guy who drafted him? LOL and you don't have a link for either? gotcha.

"In-line tight end prospect with good size and adequate strength but lacking consistency in centering and sustaining blocks."
"Farrell needs to work on run-blocking technique, including his footwork, as a role as a dirty-work blocker is his most likely path to a roster spot."
"More mechanical than passionate as run blocker"
"Will need to work with more consistent aggression on the next level. * Has trouble sliding feet and catching inside moves"

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/luke-farre...5db0b7e238
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-01-2021, 11:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Urban Meyer was quoted saying this, and Nick Farabagh also said it.

So the guy who drafted him? LOL and you don't have a link for either? gotcha.

"In-line tight end prospect with good size and adequate strength but lacking consistency in centering and sustaining blocks."
"Farrell needs to work on run-blocking technique, including his footwork, as a role as a dirty-work blocker is his most likely path to a roster spot."
"More mechanical than passionate as run blocker"
"Will need to work with more consistent aggression on the next level. * Has trouble sliding feet and catching inside moves"

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/luke-farre...5db0b7e238

I added the link for you. Take the time and scroll through. Correction on Urban saying, it was his other coach Kevin Wilson that said it.

Negatives: Plays to one speed, lacks a burst, and isn’t a downfield threat as a pass catcher. Solid, yet not dominant blocker.

Analysis: Farrell lacks great upside but gets the most from his ability. He’s accomplished enough as both a blocker and pass catcher to make an NFL roster as a third tight end.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/luke-...tight-end/

Championship!!!

Go back up to my post and read what I added. Stop being dramatic.

I think this guy will be one of those guys that is better as a pro.

(05-02-2021, 12:06 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think this guy will be one of those guys that is better as a pro.

I’m hoping so Senor. 6’6 or something like that and weighs in at 251 pounds. He’s got the size and from what I’ve seen he catches the football effortlessly. Definitely not a YAC guy. Should be good in the run game in double sets.

With all the weapons on offense, this guy could sneak in and catch some first downs when everyone else is getting attention. We shall see

He seems to have a great attitude and Meyer knows him really well. He said he wasn’t given the opportunity to catch many passes in college, so that side of his game is pretty unknown to watchers. I’m sure Meyer knows exactly what his skills are.

I was scratching my head over this one when the pick was made, mainly because I had never heard of him and he had minimal production as a pass receiver in his college career. Less than 400 yards receiving for his entire career. So it's a little surprising to me that the so-called "experts" in the media who are grading these picks seem to think this is an okay pick. They don't have any problem with it. It seems to me that if you want a backup blocking TE, just get a backup offensive lineman to practice running routes and catching passes. Backup blocking TE seems like the last thing a team would care about.

(05-02-2021, 06:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I was scratching my head over this one when the pick was made, mainly because I had never heard of him and he had minimal production as a pass receiver in his college career.  Less than 400 yards receiving for his entire career.  So it's a little surprising to me that the so-called "experts" in the media who are grading these picks seem to think this is an okay pick.  They don't have any problem with it.   It seems to me that if you want a backup blocking TE, just get a backup offensive lineman to practice running routes and catching passes.  Backup blocking TE seems like the last thing a team would care about.

"Backup blocking TE seems like the last thing a team would care about"....I bet it's not the last thing a running back would think about.

Yeah they shoulda just drafted a back up offensive lineman that can just run some routes.

Farrell was a wasted pick. We already signed one of the better blocking TE's in the NFL when we signed Manhertz. We needed a pass catching TE. I live in Ohio and just like I've seen every pass ever thrown by Justin Fields at Ohio State, I've also seen every play Farrell has ever made for the Buckeyes. They were few and far between. He's just a blocker. He's slow, lumbering, doesn't get any separation and has so-so hands. I just don't understand this pick at all. It's almost like it was getting to the end of the draft and Meyer realized he had not drafted a TE, so he just picked a guy he knew. 

A lot of people on the board desperately wanted a pass catching TE, but if you look at the careers of both Meyer and Lawrence, neither utilized the position that much. I think the same will happen in this new offense. I think the emphasis will be on the receivers and RB's catching the ball. In fact, I can see the Jaguars ending the season towards the bottom of the league when it comes to using their TE's as receivers. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just how some offenses are designed. My only issue was why did we waste a draft pick on this guy when he is basically the exact same player Manhertz is?

(05-02-2021, 04:15 AM)Jag88 Wrote: With all the weapons on offense, this guy could sneak in and catch some first downs when everyone else is getting attention. We shall see
That’s not an endorsement of Farrell lol

Literally anyone can do that.