Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Win Total expectation following the draft and free agency?

(05-01-2021, 11:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Out of the AFC South basement is all I want..

I think the Texans are moving in for sure no matter what we do.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Probably 4 to 6 wins this year. Free Agency was a thousand times better than the draft class, but TLaw is the difference maker.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Best case, 16. Worst, 0. Snark aside, I think this team is still a 2-4 win team. I don't think TLaw will have a major impact year 1 and we did next to nothing to help him out up front this off-season. We better hope Cam and the rest of the OL have a great year or Trevor is going to struggle.

The defense is still a bit of a wild card. Did we do enough with the IDL to stop the run? Will we have a pass rush this year? Will our shiny new FS be a playmaker or struggle? There are too many variables to say this team will win a lot of games.

4-12 is my prediction.

I too want to mainly see improvements this year. Some of our play last year was embarrassing, especially some of those 4th down playcalls

I'd like to see us have an identity on O and D and start competing against teams for 60 minutes. No more dumb penalties, no more holding on 1st down, beingable to put a drive together.

I think that schedule looks pretty tough and 2 westcoast trips. I'd say 5-6 wins and a solid FA and draft and hopefully be competing for the South

6-8 now who wants a pint of koolaid.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 01:00 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(05-01-2021, 08:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Somewhere between 4 and 14 wins and I feel pretty confident with that.

Think I will take the under. 3 to 5 wins feels right. Too many new young players in prominent roles to win much unless TLaw just comes out blazing, which I don’t think is realistic for a rookie. I think this team will win as much as TLaw is able to carry us, we don’t have enough other talent to do anything else.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

5-8 wins, I think I would be happy with 5 if we see steady improvement and our first 5 rookies playing well.

I believe we need a season and another decent FA/draft to take us to that next level.

(05-01-2021, 08:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm gonna say 5-6 realistically. That would be a solid improvement. I don't care so much about the win total. I just wanna see steady improvement by Lawrence throughout the season. Numbers don't matter. The team is still young and has a lot of holes.

I think the run defense is still cause for concern.  I'm hoping Little upgrades one of the T positions and TL is given enough time to dramatically improve the QB position n some level, which would mean more early leads, which would mean fewer rushes against the defense.

(05-01-2021, 08:05 PM)Dimson Wrote: 17

Whats the matter with you?!?  Only 17 wins?  We'll have home field advantage and win the Super Bowl.
We didn't invent 21st century football, but we'll perfect it!

20-0 baby!

Haha. Shoot for the stars my friend 

(05-01-2021, 07:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 7 wins if Trevor has a good season. If he doesn't 4-5.
The sad part is that if we had had a good FA and Draft I could see 9 maybe 10 wins and we could be fighting for the division or a playoffs spot.

I disagree with you about our draft and free agency.  I think our free agency was well thought out, and our draft was good.  

But, that said, I agree with you that if Trevor has a good season, we should expect 7 wins, and if he doesn't, 4-5.  The reason I think that is that we will have so many new players and all new coaches, so getting everything in sync will take some time.

I’m gonna be positive and say 8 wins. Our division is trash compared to a lot of others, and we’re also playing teams that were bad last year. I think the whole team (especially Oline) is going to look better due to the massive improvement at QB.

I’m really interested to see how Little looks in the off-season. I just have this feeling that that pick is going to be a huge one for us. I’m predicting he’ll be a franchise LT

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 07:59 AM by dennisp3.)

(05-01-2021, 08:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Somewhere between 4 and 14 wins and I feel pretty confident with that.
I’d rather not take any chances so I’ll say 0 to 17 and I’m very confident with that.

I’d rather not take any chances so I’ll say 0 to 17 and I’m very confident with that.

(05-02-2021, 07:58 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
I’d rather not take any chances so I’ll say 0 to 17 and I’m very confident that

A successful season will be when we have that reward that the team is developing and improving. I want to see the growth and that arrow point up.

This season could be a failure with 8 wins if we see red flags in development and team building. We have seen it before too much.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

as of now with  whole new staff, and basicly new team starting at qb,i am expecting at least no more then 5 wins at this time.  What i expect to see though is major improvement by 

coaching staff on sidelines instead of just standing there thnking about   I except o see a HC that knows  how to adjust dureing the game, i expect to see a HC that knows how to motviate players. 

yes myer hasn't ever coached in the nfl,but i still expect him to be a million times better then the loser doug was. I said from the start doug was a bad idea.  I wil lgive myer a chance,he knows how to win in football,real winner 

in college,i expect to see him bring that same winning to the nfl with our jags.   I epect to see improvment and team get better iin time,and hopefully b winneing a lot more  in the future. 

anyways right now my win expectation is 5 wins this season.  We wil lsee improvement as well as growing pains.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I think they'll win more than 3 and less than 10.
No idea beyond that. Too many variables.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 11:54 AM by FabianLF.)

I think we get 9 wins.

Schedule isn’t that bad, and I think the team has drastically improved.

The division is a bit weaker too.
I feel bad for the browns…

(05-02-2021, 11:53 AM)FabianLF Wrote: I think we get 9 wins.

It's possible.. Got a lot of other rookie and second year rookie QB's on the schedule.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-02-2021, 11:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 11:53 AM)FabianLF Wrote: I think we get 9 wins.

It's possible.. Got a lot of other rookie and second year rookie QB's on the schedule.

I really think our offense is very capable of it, I just don’t know about our defense. 

But I want to set the bar a bit high at 9!
I feel bad for the browns…

(05-02-2021, 12:33 PM)FabianLF Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 11:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's possible.. Got a lot of other rookie and second year rookie QB's on the schedule.

I really think our offense is very capable of it, I just don’t know about our defense. 

But I want to set the bar a bit high at 9!

I think our defensive result this season is going to depend on injuries.  We've completely revamped our secondary, with 2 new CBs, and 2 new Safeties.  We've overhauled our entire defensive line, although the players we got were not stars, but just decent.  Our linebackers are pretty good.   I think the ceiling for our defense could be "not bad."  But that's a huge improvement over last year.

(05-02-2021, 07:58 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:

(05-02-2021, 07:58 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I’d rather not take any chances so I’ll say 0 to 17 and I’m very confident that

Would you rather not take any chances and say 0 to 17 and be confident in that?

I'm thinking somewhere between 0-17 and 17-0.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.