Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Win Total expectation following the draft and free agency?

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 02:50 PM by rpr52121.)

I'm not sure where people are seeing so many wins with that schedule.

All 5 NFC teams will be tough with the West. Even a no defense Falcons team.
AFC East's Dolphins and Bills will hard games. Patriots are known to give rookie QB fits, so that will be a duel.
That leaves Bengals who are 1 year further along in their rebuild and Jets realistic wins, and the Broncos as dependent on the QB and health of their DE.

Jags could be magnitudes better in 2021 and still only win 5-6 games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-02-2021, 02:49 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm not sure where people are seeing so many wins with that schedule.

AFC East's Dolphins and Bills will hard games. Patriots are known to give rookie QB fits, so that will be a duel.
That leaves Bengals who are 1 year further along in their rebuild and Jets realistic wins, and the Broncos as dependent on the QB and health of their DE.

not everyone here is say 9 wins,or more. if you read my whole post i said 5 wins in my posts.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(05-02-2021, 02:49 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I'm not sure where people are seeing so many wins with that schedule.

Texans are gonna be a joke
Colts could be bad with Wentz
We almost beat the Titans last year so maybe we can win our home game against them. 
Atlanta, Bengals, Broncos, Jets and Pats are winnable if the team is well coached and Trevor performs at high level.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-02-2021, 01:39 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm thinking somewhere between 0-17 and 17-0.

Laughing

Your predictions are always 100%!!

Optimism and teal koolaid running strong in this one this year. I am thinking 7 to 9 wins.

I missed this one.

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...6150526976

I'll interpret it as he will be on the team.

That means that instead of 9 wins I will say 5-7

(05-02-2021, 05:32 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I missed this one.

Sounds realistic  Banana

The jags want to win the division. That's the goal.

I think we sweep the tinhorns and I feel good about the Broncos game at home, so at least 3. I think all 5 NFC games are likely losses, I don’t see us beating the tacks or sweeping the clots and the Bills game looks like a loss, so no more than 8.

5 wins. After the draft, it is my impression that they are positioning themselves for 2022 since we drafted a few people with injuries in rounds 2 & 3.

(05-02-2021, 05:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The jags want to win the division. That's the goal.

The only way that happens is if the Titans and Colts suffer major injuries.

Of course he'll be on the team. There's an important opening for the water boy position.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 03:15 PM by FabianLF.)

(05-03-2021, 03:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Of course he'll be on the team. There's an important opening for the water boy position.
We may have figured it out 

We’ve been lacking proper H2O

Jags go to the super bowl!

Typo.  Mia typed "here" but it should have stated "there"

6 W's
11 L's

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Now that Taven's option was declined I'll say 9 wins again.

I was really down on the Jags last off season. I think I predicted 3-13.

I got a gut feeling here that the Jags win 8 games. The defense is going to be a work in progress but I actually really like the offense. Big jump for Chark and Viska.

(05-03-2021, 06:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I was really down on the Jags last off season. I think I predicted 3-13.

I got a gut feeling here that the Jags win 8 games. The defense is going to be a work in progress but I actually really like the offense. Big jump for Chark and Viska.

I was the same last year and I dont quite think my brain has got to the place that Marrone and Wash are gone. It's not going to be the same thing week after week. I'm not saying it's all sunshine under Urban but it feels more a positive question mark right now.

The thought of Robinson and Etienne in the backfield and Chark, Shenault and Jones with Lawrence throwing to them, theres so many things you could do with those weapons, so many matchups you can scheme for, I just hope we can this time.

I am sticking with 6 or 7 wins. Primarily, this is due to the fact the Jaguars will be counting heavily on a very high number of players either new to the team or the position they will be playing. These are the players who fall into this category:

Trevor Lawrence
Travis Etienne
Marvin Jones
Jihad Ward
Malcolm Brown
Jay Tufele
K' Lavon Chaisson (new position)
Josh Allen (new position)
Tyson Campbell
Shaq Griffin
Rayshawn Jenkins
Roy Robertson-Harris
Damien Wilson

In addition to the players listed above, I'm just not expecting rookies Anrdre Cisco and Walker Little to be ready to contribute much until mid-season at the least. The Jaguars would be wise to not rush these two onto the field until they have totally recovered from injury (Cisco) and rust/injury (Little). I do expect both these players to be building blocks for the team once they are ready to play.

The schedule is definitely not going to be easy with the AFC East and NFC West to contend with. The only game I feel very confident in as of now is when they play the pitiful Texans in Jacksonville. They certainly should be able to compete with the Jets, Dolphins, Falcons, Bengals and Broncos. Games I see as definite losses are the Rams, Titans (on the road), Indy (2), Arizona, Buffalo and the Seahawks. Of course, things will change considerably due to key injuries and the actual date they play these teams. I do expect the Jaguars to get much better as the season progresses and it wouldn't shock me if they pull a big upset or two November and December.

The recent draft should prove to be excellent, but it won't be reflected in the win-loss record until 2022-23 and moving forward. Team chemistry does not develop overnight and when you combine this with a new defensive scheme and the significant number of rookies there will inevitably be growing pains this coming season.