Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft grades

At first glance, it appears Jaguars fans are harder on our draft than many outside observers...

USA Today

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists...nfl-teams/

Pro Football Focus

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-...l-32-teams

New York Post

https://nypost.com/2021/05/01/2021-nfl-d...SocialFlow

the Tennessean

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/...-autopilot

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sporting news

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...e3wg675rw8

thedraftnetwork.com

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/202...s-reaction

Profootballnetwork.com

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-d...nfl-draft/

Lots of A's and B's..

I checked out each link posted, not 1 grade lower than a B for a final grade..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-02-2021, 12:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: At first glance, it appears Jaguars fans are harder on our draft than many outside observers...

USA Today

Pro Football Focus

New York Post

the Tennessean

Like I have been saying. National media really likes our draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I don’t think it’s a bad draft, we addressed nearly all the needs we have all been mentioning as a priority other than TE. I think it was maybe done in an order that we didn’t expect and some of the favourites to be picked by us (Moehrig, Barmore & Friermuth) were overlooked.

However that in itself is interesting as titbits coming out now may explain the reasoning behind that now.

The only thing that concerns me is a few of the picks are risky but could have high reward.

I am surprised Minshew didn’t go. Be interesting to see how his situation plays out.

^^ i think we should keep minshew for insurance for this season. He is a very good back up. In case he has to come in, he could save the season and hold it down until t-law gets back. Let's hope for no injuries but just saying. As far as the draft, I liked it a lot. We are loaded on offense. The d could be sneaky good with all these new players. It's also going to help if the jags offense gets some leads now. That will help the defense a lot

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 08:54 AM by NH3.)

The only negative vibes that I earwitnessed w/respect to our 2021 NFL draft came from this board. The media and the true experts gave us the recognition that's deserving.

This deficiency literally happens every year regardless of the changes within the organization. It is what it is. Some of us simply cannot be satisfied.

I feel that our team is definately headed in the right direction but it's going to take the time of which some fans aren't willing to give.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-02-2021, 05:17 AM)NH3 Wrote: The only negative vibes that I earwitnessed w/respect to our 2021 NFL draft came from this board. The media and the true experts gave us the recognition that's deserving.

This deficiency literally happens every year regardless of the changes within the organization. It is what it is. Some of us simply cannot be satisfied.

I feel that our team is definately headed in the right direction but it's goimg to take the time of which some fans aren't willing to give.

NH3...

I saw the national media give us B and B- as overall grades.  That means it's not a disaster like a few posters say it is.  But it also means it is not an A.  That is, the draft was full of missed opportunities.  I think we missed out on premium talent in the 2nd through 6th rounds mainly because Urban may have not had connections to the prospects.  He overvalued those connections.  To me, this is the problem with not having a stronger, more excellent personnel side.  I'm happy for Meyer to have final say.  I just want him to have better support than Baalke and company can give him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

The reality is no one, be it on the boards or professionals, has any idea how these drafts will be. If y’all actually watched college football this year, it took about halfway through the season for the teams that played to look like they were even approaching full stride, and that was only the teams not hit by covid. Grades, good or bad, are worthless. This draft is more off of potential than any in recent memory because this past CFB season wasn’t even a real season and had no real offseason before.

(05-02-2021, 12:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: At first glance, it appears Jaguars fans are harder on our draft than many outside observers...

USA Today

Pro Football Focus

New York Post

the Tennessean

For kicks I looked at pff's ratings and no team got below a C-, so a B+ is more like a B- or C+ if you use stacked a ranking, which is what they should be using, and the Jaguars would be in the middle tier. Every team can't have an average or better draft when it's all from the same pool of players.

That being said, I'm not worrying about trying to evaluate the draft class right now, I'll evaluate them in the fall.

They are grading our class with it including the best QB prospect in a decade so that is obviously going to boost our grade a ton by itself, as it should in a vaccum. However, I am not giving our FO credit for making the pick that my mother in law who knows nothing about football repeatedly congratulated me for over the last few months.

Just like last year, we're going to get higher grades simply because we had more high picks than anyone else. On a quantity level we did fine. On a per pick value, talent, and opportunity cost basis we had one of the worst drafts.

We had two good picks, but both of them being riskier than your usual highlights of a class, in Little and Cisco. Two decent picks in Campbell and Tufele. One good (not great) player at horrible value and opportunity cost with Etienne. And then a bunch of whatever after pick 106. I do like taking the stab on Camp, but the odds he makes it are still really long.

I don’t understand some posters on this board always finding the negative and never looking at the positive. As a fan of the Jaguars I tried to see the positive and support my team. If the team makes a terrible pick there should be some pushback by the fans to hold them accountable. But for some posters the glass is always half empty. As for this draft the B grade 
In my opinion can work out to be an a or A+ grade if the players with very high potential achieve that level of play. So the arrow is pointing up and I’m very excited about the coming season. Go Jags

(05-02-2021, 07:44 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I don’t understand some posters on this board always finding the negative and never looking at the positive.

I dunno man, I'd much rather be able to think critically and praise them when they do good (Little and Cisco) and critique them when they do bad (Etienne, most of day 3). I don't understand the people who can clap like trained seals no matter what they do. It's not like anyone in this franchise has earned the benefit of the doubt in the past fifteen years or more.

(05-02-2021, 07:58 AM)Upper Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 07:44 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I don’t understand some posters on this board always finding the negative and never looking at the positive.

I dunno man, I'd much rather be able to think critically and praise them when they do good (Little and Cisco) and critique them when they do bad (Etienne, most of day 3). I don't understand the people who can clap like trained seals no matter what they do. It's not like anyone in this franchise has earned the benefit of the doubt in the past fifteen years or more.

Okay, but when you say, "It's not like anyone in this franchise has earned the benefit of the doubt in the past fifteen years or more..." it's worth pointing out that no one in this franchise currently has been in this franchise before this year.  So the past fifteen years are irrelevant, except that it's apparently turned some fans into incurably negative people.

(05-02-2021, 07:44 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I don’t understand some posters on this board always finding the negative and never looking at the positive. As a fan of the Jaguars I tried to see the positive and support my team. If the team makes a terrible pick there should be some pushback by the fans to hold them accountable. But for some posters the glass is always half empty. As for this draft the B grade 
In my opinion can work out to be an a or A+ grade if the players with very high potential achieve that level of play. So the arrow is pointing up and I’m very excited about the coming season. Go Jags
100%^^^

The armchair gms on this boards have managed to pick apart every decision made by this FO to the point they ran out of [BLEEP] to complain about and now just turn on other jag fans and  insult them.

A- to B+ on the draft.

Some I didn’t agree with but don’t feel my thoughts really have to be put be up because someone has already torched just about any pick we made on here so no need for more bs.

(05-02-2021, 07:44 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I don’t understand some posters on this board always finding the negative and never looking at the positive. As a fan of the Jaguars I tried to see the positive and support my team. If the team makes a terrible pick there should be some pushback by the fans to hold them accountable. But for some posters the glass is always half empty. As for this draft the B grade 
The arrow is certainly pointing up. The Jags have the best QB in the division.

However, it’s a message board and discussing the draft picks is kind of the point. Would you rather every single poster jump for joy at every pick? “Wooo hooo! A punter in round 3! We drafted a starter!” It’s ok to disagree with draft selections. A lot of us disagreed with drafting Henderson and Chaisson. The majority wanted Wirfs and Jefferson. 

Every single person on this board wants the Jags to succeed. Every single one. So although some of us disagree with the selections, we will ultimately still root for the Jags. It’s ok to disagree with the front office, be happy about Trevor, be hopeful it all works out in the end and hope the Jags win the division.

(05-02-2021, 05:17 AM)NH3 Wrote: The only negative vibes that I earwitnessed w/respect to our 2021 NFL draft came from this board. The media and the true experts gave us the recognition that's deserving.

I feel that our team is definately headed in the right direction but it's goimg to take the time of which some fans aren't willing to give.

NH3...

I saw some negative vibes in the day 1 draft grades, as there were a few graders that didn't care for the Etienne pick.

(05-02-2021, 08:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
The arrow is certainly pointing up. The Jags have the best QB in the division.

However, it’s a message board and discussing the draft picks is kind of the point. Would you rather every single poster jump for joy at every pick? “Wooo hooo! A punter in round 3! We drafted a starter!” It’s ok to disagree with draft selections. A lot of us disagreed with drafting Henderson and Chaisson. The majority wanted Wirfs and Jefferson. 

Every single person on this board wants the Jags to succeed. Every single one. So although some of us disagree with the selections, we will ultimately still root for the Jags. It’s ok to disagree with the front office, be happy about Trevor, be hopeful it all works out in the end and hope the Jags win the division.
Laying out the format of the message board slightly misses the point although I get what you are saying.

It’s one thing if people don’t agree or if a pick is blatantly [BLEEP] like a punter in the 3rd. But that’s not what happens here. It’s the same people every-time. And they pass just disagreeing and move straight to insults of either the FO or the other posters on here. It’s [BLEEP] up. That’s all there is to it.

(05-02-2021, 12:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Lots of A's and B's..

I checked out each link posted, not 1 grade lower than a B for a final grade..

The Sporting News gave us a C.