Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Trade winner
Rams
Jaguars
Too Early, ask again later
[Show Results]

Ramsey Trade Outcome

With the Ramsey trade complete and the first round selections made, how did we do?

EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU

RB Travis Etienne, Clemson

It is probably too early to say, but it does seem we lost out on the deal. I thought the Rams would have ended up with more loses so more value from the trade but it sure seems like we didn't get much out of the trade.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-02-2021, 08:49 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: With the Ramsey trade complete and the first round selections made, how did we do?

It is probably too early to say, but it does seem we lost out on the deal. I thought the Rams would have ended up with more loses so more value from the trade but it sure seems like we didn't get much out of the trade.

Jury still out on 2021. Obviously the chaisson pick seems like a bust but I think you have to look at what the rams could have had and not just what we took.

Just getting rid of Ramsay's attitude is a win for this organization..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I said too early.

Don’t forget we used the 5th from this trade to secure the rights to Jordan Smith and Jalen Camp.

Rams in the lead at the moment for sure. If Chaisson can grow into a good player for us this year, I feel better about the trade.

Hard to say. If Ramsey stayed, are the Jags as bad as last year to get Lawrence? Too many variables than just the 2 first round picks really. Would I trade 2 first round picks to get him back? Absolutely not.

(05-02-2021, 09:13 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Hard to say. If Ramsey stayed, are the Jags as bad as last year to get Lawrence? Too many variables than just the 2 first round picks really. Would I trade 2 first round picks to get him back? Absolutely not.

That is a good point. It is tough because he didn't want to play as well. I really hope we get better and give memories to replace all these bad teams.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-02-2021, 09:13 AM)Jags239 Wrote: Hard to say. If Ramsey stayed, are the Jags as bad as last year to get Lawrence? Too many variables than just the 2 first round picks really. Would I trade 2 first round picks to get him back? Absolutely not.

I started a thread a while back stating this.  There's no way we end up with the 1st overall pick if Ramsey is on this team last year so I would include part of the value of 1.01 personally.  I know the Rams didn't give up more than what they gave us, so to me, it's a win win for both teams and Ramsey's departure absolutely contributed to us landing Lawrence.

(05-02-2021, 09:02 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just getting rid of Ramsay's attitude is a win for this organization..

Agree with you on this. Ramsay was a liability in the locker-room and will be the same with the Rams. I expect Chaisson to play much better when used at his correct spot this season.

(05-02-2021, 10:43 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 09:02 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just getting rid of Ramsay's attitude is a win for this organization..

Agree with you on this. Ramsay was a liability in the locker-room and will be the same with the Rams. I expect Chaisson to play much better when used at his correct spot this season.

Psychology 101..

Negativity breeds negatively. I'm wondering if his attitude had lingering effects on others as well? (Yannik)

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-02-2021, 08:49 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: With the Ramsey trade complete and the first round selections made, how did we do?

Looking solely at the players we got in direct consideration for trading away Ramsey, I have to give the edge to the Rams.

The Rams got an All Pro at a premium position.  His so called attitude problems did not preclude them from having a top tier defense.  It didn't preclude them from reaching the playoffs.  It didn't preclude them from re-signing him to a long term deal.

The Jaguars got a cuy in Chaisson who is looking like a bust after one year, and who we're hoping a change in scheme makes him more productive, and Travis Etienne, a good player that most people here did not want at 25.  We traded them back the 4th round pick they sent to us to get Smith from UAB.

Definite edge to the Rams when looking solely at the direct compensation.

But as others have observed, trading away Ramsey played a key role in us being able to draft Trevor Lawrence.  If Lawrence turns out to be as good as advertised, then that helps to tip the balance more to the Jaguars benefit.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

You also have to factor in the money it took for the Rams to re-sign Ramsey.  So the Rams got Ramsey for the two first round picks, plus it cost them a huge contract.  

That said, so far, I think the Rams got the better part of the deal.  But if Etienne is as good as I think he is, and if Chaisson makes a big sophomore jump like a lot of players do, that would swing the deal back towards us, since we have both those guys on rookie contracts.

(05-02-2021, 10:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Looking solely at the players we got in direct consideration for trading away Ramsey, I have to give the edge to the Rams.

The Rams got an All Pro at a premium position.  His so called attitude problems did not preclude them from having a top tier defense.  It didn't preclude them from reaching the playoffs.  It didn't preclude them from re-signing him to a long term deal.

The Jaguars got a cuy in Chaisson who is looking like a bust after one year, and who we're hoping a change in scheme makes him more productive, and Travis Etienne, a good player that most people here did not want at 25.  We traded them back the 4th round pick they sent to us to get Smith from UAB.

Definite edge to the Rams when looking solely at the direct compensation.

But as others have observed, trading away Ramsey played a key role in us being able to draft Trevor Lawrence.  If Lawrence turns out to be as good as advertised, then that helps to tip the balance more to the Jaguars benefit.

As bad and one-sided as that trade was on paper, if it played a role in getting us Lawrence, it was worth it.

(05-02-2021, 11:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

You also have to factor in the money it took for the Rams to re-sign Ramsey.  So the Rams got Ramsey for the two first round picks, plus it cost them a huge contract.  

That said, so far, I think the Rams got the better part of the deal.  But if Etienne is as good as I think he is, and if Chaisson makes a big sophomore jump like a lot of players do, that would swing the deal back towards us, since we have both those guys on rookie contracts.

Not concerned about the contract.

Premium talent requires premium money.  Eventually, there will be a reckoning with the Rams where they will have to purge significant talent from their roster  But they made a deep playoff run last year, and unless Whitworth falls off at LT, they look like they could be contenders this year.  I'd rather be a contending team with some big contracts than a losing team without any contracts.

If TL becomes the QB we all hope he can be, I would have ZERO qualms about him signing a big contract to stay with us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Too early to tell yet, but I think the Rams probably won on performance and the Jags won by getting rid of a real scumbag. So, overall I'd say the Jags won.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

We won by default…

Think about it like this- you spend months researching and comparing vehicles, and then buy the perfect vehicle for you… then you drive that car off the lot and wrap it around a tree. Ramsey was a wreck here. If we traded a product that we could have used- sure maybe we could judge the trade as a loss for the Jags, but Ramsey was totaled here….

We got something in exchange for nothing (in Jacksonville).

Agree with that.  He is a scum bag of a human being.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Ramsey wanted to get paid and win. I don’t really think that’s too bad. He’s a diva, FO couldn’t handle that. Hard to handle divas when we are perennial losers, much easier when you are winning.

The rams won the trade though, a 1st round RB is just flat out stupid.

(05-02-2021, 12:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Ramsey wanted to get paid and win. I don’t really think that’s too bad. He’s a diva, FO couldn’t handle that. Hard to handle divas when we are perennial losers, much easier when you are winning.

He hasn't played a down in the NFL. You have no idea if it was stupid or not. Plus, ETN  will be more than just a RB.  He will be featured in the pass game as well.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-02-2021, 12:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Ramsey wanted to get paid and win. I don’t really think that’s too bad. He’s a diva, FO couldn’t handle that. Hard to handle divas when we are perennial losers, much easier when you are winning.

I kind of agree. We will have to give it a little more time, but I think the Rams look like they won right now. If Etienne becomes an all pro level player and chia son becomes an average starter then I would change my mind. But as it sits right now we traded Ramsey for a part time running back and a really raw DE who isn’t really producing. Rams got a HOF level talent. It’s just hard to get equal value when your sending out a player that good.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Definitely.
[Image: giphy.gif]