Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Predictions

There may be a signing or two here and there, but generally speaking, the teams are pretty much set.  With this in mind and your impressions of the draft still fresh, what are your division standing predictions for this year?

I have

1.  Tennessee

2.  Indy

3.  Jacksonville

4.  Houston

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1st - Titans
2nd - Jaguars
3rd - Colts
4th - Texans

tacks
clots
Jags
tinhorns
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 02:23 PM by FabianLF.)

(05-02-2021, 02:14 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: 1st - Titans
2nd - Jaguars
3rd - Colts
4th - Texans

This. I just don’t think the colts have a good qb in Wentz. 

The titans stay the titans....

I guess we will wait and see.

(05-02-2021, 02:22 PM)FabianLF Wrote:
2nd - Jaguars
3rd - Colts
4th - Texans

Agree. I think we can edge out the Colts. That doesn't mean we are all set, I just think QB issues are a huge potential problem for the Colts.

How great would it be if the Colts remain a good team without a QB. There QB run was impressive good luck for so long. Even when we had the good Del Rio teams we couldn't surpass the Colts.

Darn Titans, we are stuck being the little brother.

Houston is a mess even if Watson plays the full season. They went for win now and it didn't work. Reminds me of the 1999 Jags.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-02-2021, 02:22 PM)FabianLF Wrote:
2nd - Jaguars
3rd - Colts
4th - Texans

I think the Colts have a solid team overall.  But you have focused on the key-their QB,

Wentz thrived under Frank Reich in Philly before.  But once Reich left and their roster decayed, Wentz regressed tremendously.

Now he's back with Reich on a Colts roster that is better than the Eagles roster he just left.  But now he has no left tackle.  In that respect, his trajectory will be linked with TL's.

I think if anyone can resurrect him, it'll be Reich.  But can he resurrect his career with poor blindside protection?

Even without a LT, they should be able to run the ball well.  Until TL gets experience and better protection, and until the Jaguars show they can come close to stopping the run, I'll keep the Colts 2nd.

But if the Jaguars also hit on Little and he upgrades one of the T positions...look out.

(05-02-2021, 02:34 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:22 PM)FabianLF Wrote: This. I just don’t think the colts have a good qb in Wentz. 

Agree. I think we can edge out the Colts. That doesn't mean we are all set, I just think QB issues are a huge potential problem for the Colts.

How great would it be if the Colts remain a good team without a QB. There QB run was impressive good luck for so long. Even when we had the good Del Rio teams we couldn't surpass the Colts.

Houston is a mess even if Watson plays the full season. They went for win now and it didn't work. Reminds me of the 1999 Jags.

Not only did the Colts not address LT, I don't think they got much help elsewhere.  I like Kwity Paye, though he is raw.  But it's my understanding the DE they took in the 2nd round tore his achilles in January.  If true..why take him at all?  They had no 3rd rounder this year due to the Wentz trade, and the rest of the guys seem just guys.

As for the Houston-Jacksonville comparison, i am more reminded of the 2018-2020 Jaguars because of the tremendous talent drain that happened over those years.  The two differences are:

1.  the Jaguars wound up adding draft picks during that time, while the Texans gave them away. and
2.  The Jaguars seem to have added a stud QB at the end of the process, while the Texans will be without their stud QB.

(05-02-2021, 02:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:34 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Agree. I think we can edge out the Colts. That doesn't mean we are all set, I just think QB issues are a huge potential problem for the Colts.

Not only did the Colts not address LT, I don't think they got much help elsewhere.  I like Kwity Paye, though he is raw.  But it's my understanding the DE they took in the 2nd round tore his achilles in January.  If true..why take him at all?  They had no 3rd rounder this year due to the Wentz trade, and the rest of the guys seem just guys.

As for the Houston-Jacksonville comparison, i am more reminded of the 2018-2020 Jaguars because of the tremendous talent drain that happened over those years.  The two differences are:

1.  the Jaguars wound up adding draft picks during that time, while the Texans gave them away. and
2.  The Jaguars seem to have added a stud QB at the end of the process, while the Texans will be without their stud QB.

That’s why I didn’t bother listing the Texans at all, lol

1. Colts
2. Titans
3. Jaguars
4. Texans

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 02:59 PM by Bullseye.)

(05-02-2021, 02:54 PM)FabianLF Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Not only did the Colts not address LT, I don't think they got much help elsewhere.  I like Kwity Paye, though he is raw.  But it's my understanding the DE they took in the 2nd round tore his achilles in January.  If true..why take him at all?  They had no 3rd rounder this year due to the Wentz trade, and the rest of the guys seem just guys.

That’s why I didn’t bother listing the Texans at all, lol
Laughing 

Only the Tacks, Bills or Steelers melting down in such a manner would give me more satisfaction.

(05-02-2021, 02:58 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: 1. Colts
2. Titans
3. Jaguars
4. Texans

An interesting take.

How did you arrive at the Colts winning the division over Tennessee?

(05-02-2021, 02:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:54 PM)FabianLF Wrote: That’s why I didn’t bother listing the Texans at all, lol
Laughing 

Only the Tacks, Bills or Steelers melting down in such a manner would give me more satisfaction.

(05-02-2021, 02:58 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: 1. Colts
2. Titans
3. Jaguars
4. Texans

An interesting take.

For Tennessee:
No one has lead league in rushing 3 consecutive years since Emmit Smith with the Cowboys. Henry has 700+ touches in 2 years and few short of 400 touches last year. He will be good, but I just don't see him matching this level of play again. While Tannehill has been exceeded expectations, he is not the kind of QB who lifts up his supporting cast. And he just lost his most explosive TE and 2nd WR.

Also they shed a lot of secondary that has been key to them running their aggressive defensive style. Yes, the defense was bad last year, but that more to lack of creating pressure than really bad coverage, and they didn't do enough to balance that out.

For Indy.
River last year was middling. His only good game against a reasonable defense was GB. Wentz was definitely horrible last year, but I think he can at least duplicate was Rivers was and play like Wentz in 2019. They definitely have some questions on the offensive line, but I still think they can generate a reasonable running game. They also have issues with creating pressure on defense, but I think they are better.

Not saying Colts will run away with it. With the division playing AFC East and NFC West, I think even 9-8 may win the division with tiebreakers, 10-7 definitely would.

(05-02-2021, 03:25 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Laughing 

An interesting take.

For Tennessee:
No one has lead league in rushing 3 consecutive years since Emmit Smith with the Cowboys. Henry has 700+ touches in 2 years and few short of 400 touches last year. He will be good, but I just don't see him matching this level of play again. While Tannehill has been exceeded expectations, he is not the kind of QB who lifts up his supporting cast. And he just lost his most explosive TE and 2nd WR.

Also they shed a lot of secondary that has been key to them running their aggressive defensive style. Yes, the defense was bad last year, but that more to lack of creating pressure than really bad coverage, and they didn't do enough to balance that out.

For Indy.
River last year was middling. His only good game against a reasonable defense was GB. Wentz was definitely horrible last year, but I think he can at least duplicate was Rivers was and play like Wentz in 2019. They definitely have some questions on the offensive line, but I still think they can generate a reasonable running game. They also have issues with creating pressure on defense, but I think they are better.

Not saying Colts will run away with it. With the division playing AFC East and NFC West, I think even 9-8 may win the division with tiebreakers, 10-7 definitely would.
This actually makes a ton of sense. 

I could see Henry falling off due to over use and Tannehill being unable to pick up the slack.  I think with his size, Henry could take the wear a little more than some other backs before him, especially since there are so many restrictions on how to tackle now.  That decline may not happen until 2022.  The Jaguars may or may not have the run defense to even exploit any decline until 2022.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 03:51 PM by Corriewf.)

Completely unbiased opinion.

1. Jaguars
2. Titans
3. Colts
4. Texans

I came to this conclusion based completely on emotion with total disregard for logic.

*there was no mention of what year we were discussing so I projected out to whatever season makes me right for arguments sake.

(05-02-2021, 03:49 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Completely unbiased opinion.

1. Jaguars
2. Titans
3. Colts
4. Texans

I came to this conclusion based completely on emotion with total disregard for logic.

*there was no mention of what year we were discussing so I projected out to whatever season makes me right for arguments sake.

Laughing 

If your opinion were biased the tacks would be last, right?

(05-02-2021, 03:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 03:49 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Completely unbiased opinion.

1. Jaguars
2. Titans
3. Colts
4. Texans

Laughing 

If your opinion were biased the tacks would be last, right?

What’s worse than being a complete loser? Having all hope shredded away from you by a division rival with a HOF qb.

I may have based my rankings on Henry developing perpetual turf toe and Tannehill decides to pursue his true passion  of becoming an orthopedic surgeon specializing in knee injuries (per Wikipedia).

(05-02-2021, 02:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There may be a signing or two here and there, but generally speaking, the teams are pretty much set.  With this in mind and your impressions of the draft still fresh, what are your division standing predictions for this year?

I have

1.  Tennessee

2.  Indy

3.  Jacksonville

4.  Houston

I would be shocked if the final standings didn't fall this exact same way. Barring any major injuries, the Titans should run away with the division. 

Indy's chances all depend on how well Carson Wentz fits into the Colts offense. Even with the uncertainty of the LT position, this is still a much better O-Line and running game than he had in Philly, so I really expect Wentz to return to his 2019 form. 

I really don't care what our final record is. We are in a complete re-building mode anyway, so all I wanna see is improvement and proof that we are moving in the right direction. I have absolutely no expectations for the team. 

The Texans are as bad a franchise right now, as I have ever seen. No DeAndre Hopkins, no J.J. Watt, no Will Fuller and almost certainly no DeShaun Watson means that this team might not win a game next season. We should have 2 guaranteed wins when we play them.

(05-02-2021, 04:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There may be a signing or two here and there, but generally speaking, the teams are pretty much set.  With this in mind and your impressions of the draft still fresh, what are your division standing predictions for this year?

I have

1.  Tennessee

2.  Indy

3.  Jacksonville

4.  Houston

I would be shocked if the final standings didn't fall this exact same way. Barring any major injuries, the Titans should run away with the division. 

Indy's chances all depend on how well Carson Wentz fits into the Colts offense. Even with the uncertainty of the LT position, this is still a much better O-Line and running game than he had in Philly, so I really expect Wentz to return to his 2019 form. 

I really don't care what our final record is. We are in a complete re-building mode anyway, so all I wanna see is improvement and proof that we are moving in the right direction. I have absolutely no expectations for the team. 

The Texans are as bad a franchise right now, as I have ever seen. No DeAndre Hopkins, no J.J. Watt, no Will Fuller and almost certainly no DeShaun Watson means that this team might not win a game next season. We should have 2 guaranteed wins when we play them.

RPR has a plausible theory as to how the Colts could win it, though I don't necessarily see that playing out until 2022.

Just to tamper some expectations- if Tlaw could carry a whole team, Clemson would have beat Ohio state. Throw in the fact it’s his rookie season… 3rd place is a given with 2nd being a reach. I do think we have a lot of gems on this team that have lacked proper coaching the last few years.

Whatever happens, this is going to be a really fun season.

Jags
Titans
clots
Watson harassment

Tennessee looks like the favorite in the AFC South at this time. But because of the FA losses of TE Jonnu Smith and WR Corey Davis, I think they are further away from the top of the Conference than was the case when the 2020 season playoffs began. Even if their Defense improves, it probably won't be enough of an improvement for them to advance in the playoffs.