Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Predictions

(05-02-2021, 07:23 PM)D6 Wrote: Tennessee looks like the favorite in the AFC South at this time. But because of the FA losses of TE Jonnu Smith and WR Corey Davis,  I think they are further away from the top of the Conference than was the case when the 2020 season playoffs began. Even if their Defense improves, it probably won't be enough of an improvement for them to advance in the playoffs.

Agreed completely. 

It'll actually be interesting to see how their offense responds.  Will they become more run oriented, or will they try breaking in some rookies to maintain balance?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 09:33 PM by CTEisREAL.)

I think TN draft was outstanding. They were able to repair the D and OT problems. If they stay healthy they are a tough out.

I disagree D6. Henry got 2000 yards with two backup OT and their TE was hurt most of the second half and AJ Brown had a bum knee all year. Tannehill is playing elite in TN. I think their offense will be better if it runs through Henry and AJ Brown more. They have the best CB in the division now with Farley. He is their version of Ramsey.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 11:06 PM by D6.)

(05-02-2021, 09:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 07:23 PM)D6 Wrote: Tennessee looks like the favorite in the AFC South at this time. But because of the FA losses of TE Jonnu Smith and WR Corey Davis,  I think they are further away from the top of the Conference than was the case when the 2020 season playoffs began. Even if their Defense improves, it probably won't be enough of an improvement for them to advance in the playoffs.

Agreed completely. 

It'll actually be interesting to see how their offense responds.  Will they become more run oriented, or will they try breaking in some rookies to maintain balance?

My guess is Todd Downing, the new Offensive Coordinator for Tennessee, is going to try to maintain as much balance as possible.  In most cases, the challenge of an Offensive Coordinator is to try to stay patient with the team's running game. In Downing's case, it's the opposite.

(05-02-2021, 09:29 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think TN draft was outstanding.  They were able to repair the D and OT problems.  If they stay healthy they are a tough out.

I disagree D6.  Henry got 2000 yards with two backup OT and their TE was hurt most of the second half and AJ Brown had a bum knee all year.  Tannehill is playing elite in TN.  I think their offense will be better if it runs through Henry and AJ Brown more.  They have the best CB in the division now with Farley.  He is their version of Ramsey.

On the other hand, if Tennessee decides to go with a Rookie RT who faced the likes of South Dakota St. and Southern Illinois weekly, opposing Defensive Coordinators will be salivating at the opportunity.

Most rookie CBs go through major growing pains. I anticipate this happening with Caleb Farley, as he missed plenty of college game action with injury. As well as opting out of the 2020 season.

If I were an unbiased outside observer, I'd probably say the tacks have the inside track. But being a Jags fan, I'd say with the exception of Houston, it's a pretty open race. The best QB in the division is now in Jax and that will give us a puncher's chance. Let the season begin.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Can't disagree with Bullseye's original list.

I think the tacks have the fewest question marks. I'm not 100% sold on Wentz in horseshoe country, especially if they are replicating his 2020 O-line situation. The Jags are young, and will be prone to mistakes early. The tinhorns are in deep dookie, not sure how much Tyrod can do to carry them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 05:43 PM by High Octane.)

1- Titans // 11-6
2- Colts // 10-7
3- Jaguars - 7-10
4- Texans - 5/12

Jags 17-0
Clots 4-13
Texans 3-14
Tacks 0-17

Delusional? Yes. I don't care. Realistic one?

Tacks 11-6
Jags 9-8
Clots 8-9
Texans 3-14
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Colts

Jags

Titans

Texans

Colts have better qb play (reunited with the offensive coach who he had the most success with) they have the best overall roster; I see them winning the division if they win the first matchup against the Titans.

Titans are essentially the Nashville Derrick Henry's; Urban Meyer took Henry out of the game during the CFP of OSU vs. Alabama way back when; I strongly believe that UM will sell out to stop Henry, we should split the series against them and I think that the Jags and Tacks will be 2/3 or 3/2 depending on how the scheduling shakes out. I think the Titans are more gritty than talented, if we don't play into their game/style we should have no issues beating them now that we have an actual coaching staff.

Texans with no Watson, Watt or Hop. They'll be picking high for their QB replacement this year, wouldn't be shocked if they pull a jags and subtly tank near midseason
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!