Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seriously...what are we doing about TE?!

It was one of our biggest needs and by all accounts still is! We were never going to get Pitts and Pat was gone before 65 where he would have been a value pick. 

So what are we going to do about TE? 

You have Ertz, Njoku and Hurst whom could all be targeted. What do people think of these guys? What would it take to get them? 

Do we role with what we have and look to the draft next year? (I have no idea who the early top TE prospects are).

I know Hurst was traded last year because he wanted to be a feature TE, now he's likely no.2 behind Pitts! Last years production was decent-ish (rec 56 yrds 571) and he's a Jacksonville native. Probably take a 3rd rounder. He would be my favourite of the three mentioned.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They’ll make a trade for a decent receiving TE.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 03:06 PM by CanDoBetter.)

There are four options.

1. High profile trade such as Ertz, Njoku or Hurst
2. Someone else's cuts
3. Roll with what we have and hope for the best.
4. Timmy

They said they were working on something.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's 4.

I just don't think it's a major priority for Urban unless it's a freak athlete like Hernandez or Pitts. It was pretty obvious that Urban wanted to give the moon to the Falcons for 4 but Baalke held him back.

Maybe if someone tells Urban that Njoku can really fly then he'll make a trade for him.

I think we’re gonna roll with what we got.

(05-02-2021, 03:06 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: There are four options.

2. Someone else's cuts
4. Timmy

1. I think this could be the best option.

2. Who’s in your opinion will be cut who would be worth it.

3. God help us!

4. I don’t want to knock/disbelieve that Tebow is a possibility but right now that’s all a publicity stunt to me. I want to look at the more likelihood scenarios.

Number 2, someone else's cuts. Another option, not great but a 1 year bandaid, would be to sign a remaining free agent such as Tyler Eifert.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 03:57 PM by BristolianJaguar.)

(05-02-2021, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote: I just don't think it's a major priority for Urban unless it's a freak athlete like Hernandez or Pitts. It was pretty obvious that Urban wanted to give the moon to the Falcons for 4 but Baalke held him back.

Maybe if someone tells Urban that Njoku can really fly then he'll make a trade for him.

I think Baalke did the right thing if Urban would have Mortaged the future of the franchise. That wouldn’t get us anywhere.

(05-02-2021, 03:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think we’re gonna roll with what we got.

If we do this who’s going to be there in a years time?

(05-02-2021, 03:54 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Number 2, someone else's cuts. Another option, not great but a 1 year bandaid, would be to sign a remaining free agent such as Tyler Eifert.

That is a thought that may be worth exploring!

we drafted a te in draft yesterday from ohio state.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

If we trade for a guy like Ertz that would be good, but if not we might not be as mad as people think. I wouldn't mind giving O Shaugnessy a shot with TLAW as a receiver. When Minshew was on his stretch clicking so was he. It's hard not to imagine he would be decent with consistent QB play
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

Did you not see the Tebow thread? Not sure who those other guys are that your rambling on about….

/thread

*bad
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(05-02-2021, 04:02 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we drafted a te in draft yesterday from ohio state.

Wolfy, I love your optimism, and I hope he turns out to be a stud. However the likely good of that is slim.

(05-02-2021, 04:09 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: If we trade for a guy like Ertz that would be good, but if not we might not be as mad as people think. I wouldn't mind giving O Shaugnessy a shot with TLAW as a receiver. When Minshew was on his stretch clicking so was he. It's hard not to imagine he would be decent with consistent QB play

Tlaw might be a good receiver   Banana
I feel bad for the browns…

(05-02-2021, 04:02 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we drafted a te in draft yesterday from ohio state.

Just a blocker, the guy isn't a pass catcher.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

2. Someone else's cuts
4. Timmy

I truly think option 2 or 3 will be the answer. Since Meyer and Lawrence have neither one utilized the TE position that much as receivers, I'm not really worried about it. Some offensive schemes just don't place an emphasis on it as much as teams like Kansas City and Tampa Bay.

2. Someone else's cuts
4. Timmy

I think the Tebow tryout was just them doing their due diligence.  I don't think they draft the guy in the fifth round if they planned to sign Tebow.  I also don't think there will be a high profile trade.  If there was going to be one, I think it would have already happened.  They might get someone else's cut.  Otherwise, I think they roll with what they have.  Manhertz will be used a lot when they want a blocker and O'Shaughnessy when they may want a receiver.  It's not great, but it is what it is.

O'Shaughnessy and a trade possibly.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Take a flyer on Jordan Reed or Trey Burton I guess....?
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(05-02-2021, 04:27 PM)Adub28 Wrote: Take a flyer on Jordan Reed or Trey Burton I guess....?

Jordan Reed officially retired.

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-pro-bowl...g-from-nfl

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!